Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Devil

I have read all 1209 pages and am not sure I am any clearer in what’s going…totally invested though…complete Mupet obviously…

What I guess / hope happened is Ten Hag told United he would love De Jong…

United contacted Barcelona and they said they were open to the move.

Ten Hag approached De Jong… he said he was happy living in Barcelona and playing at Barca but shocked they were willing to sell him considering how he had dropped his wages during Covid etc…but if Barca didn’t want him he would be happy to reunite with his old Boss.

United spoke to agent and both agreed best way forward was for agent and De Jong say nothing about money owed etc…and for United to approach Barca..

United and Barca agreed a fee, Barca spoke to De Jong and agent and were shocked when they wanted the 17m owed…

since then Barca have been trying to find a buyer who will outbid United. De Jong and United are waiting til the bitter end to get their deal that was agreed with Barca..

This is all a guess but who actually knows what is happening….

Redcy

Why not Neves is better than Edson Alvarez who does the exact same job for Ajax right now
How are you comparing an actual defensive mid with running and tackling in his game to the static neves?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Those blue wankers over at The Shed End are really laying into us. Laughing and saying they are taking FdJ and Ronaldo from us.
Ronaldo? They have some old fans there that evidently don't pay attention to what Tuchel says.

Telsim

People complain about lowering standards and then want to sign Neves for big money :houllier:
It's ridiculous, isn't it? :lol: I can scarcely think of a more underwhelming signing. But now that I've said it out loud... :nervous:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Frenkie is the right target for us in terms what the squad needs to become more competitive with the top two in the league. There's no doubt about that, and there's also no doubt that the alternatives we might have in mind, such as Neves or Tielemans, would bring us less than what we need although either would still improve us.

The complications however, are vexing. The one that troubles me is the potential impact on the rest of the squad of paying a new player 350-400k/week.

But if we look past that and go straight to the football side of things, adding FdJ would give us a squad that can at least give Chelsea a run for third place and IMO walk away with the EL trophy.
Sancho and Varane earn a similar amount right?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
If FDJ wasnt interested in United he would have came out and released a statement saying so, unless hes using us to get what he wants from Barca.
Alternatively ETH would have some sort of contact with the player and/or agent and would surely have some idea he wants us, its the waiting for something to happen thats killing me.

Did we not impose a deadline on this deal? When do actually call it a day and move to another target?
Neves at the quoted price is not the right option for us, not sure who we should go for as an alternative. FDJ offers a lot more of what we need in the team.

Chief123

Frenkie is the right target for us in terms what the squad needs to become more competitive with the top two in the league. There's no doubt about that, and there's also no doubt that the alternatives we might have in mind, such as Neves or Tielemans, would bring us less than what we need although either would still improve us.

The complications however, are vexing. The one that troubles me is the potential impact on the rest of the squad of paying a new player 350-400k/week.

But if we look past that and go straight to the football side of things, adding FdJ would give us a squad that can at least give Chelsea a run for third place and IMO walk away with the EL trophy.
I believe De gea is on £375k a week. FDJ would be on par with him and our other top earners like Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo.

Herman Toothrot

Buying ruben neevs at this stage would be like going out for a juice burger and coming back with a pot noodle
Would it though? I think he's quality. If De Jong, a player most of us here barely know a thing about btw, doesn't want to come are we to cancel incoming transfers for good? I hope we get De Jong because it's Ten Hag's first choice, but I'd not be turning my nose up at Neves.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Would it though? I think he's quality. If De Jong, a player most of us here barely know a thing about btw, doesn't want to come are we to cancel incoming transfers for good? I hope we get De Jong because it's Ten Hag's first choice, but I'd not be turning my nose up at Neves.
Sorry I forgot to mention that I like pot noodles.

Yeah he's not too shabby :)

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I have read all 1209 pages and am not sure I am any clearer in what’s going…totally invested though…complete Mupet obviously…

Ten Hag approached De Jong… he said he was happy living in Barcelona and playing at Barca but shocked they were willing to sell him considering how he had dropped his wages during Covid etc…but if Barca didn’t want him he would be happy to reunite with his old Boss.

United spoke to agent and both agreed best way forward was for agent and De Jong say nothing about money owed etc…and for United to approach Barca..

United and Barca agreed a fee, Barca spoke to De Jong and agent and were shocked when they wanted the 17m owed…

since then Barca have been trying to find a buyer who will outbid United. De Jong and United are waiting til the bitter end to get their deal that was agreed with Barca..

Fair play, probably deserves a promotion in its own right! :eek::D

Indy_Red

Matheus Nunes would be great imo, has very good stats and can do what Frenkie does and would be cheaper than all the others

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Those blue wankers over at The Shed End are really laying into us. Laughing and saying they are taking FdJ and Ronaldo from us.
FdJ is fair game but Ronaldo? Nobody really wants that Siiuuuu nonsense. Rather stick to Havertz and Broja than going down that route.

Also, last post in the CR7 thread over there is from last Friday, by the Caf standards that's basically one month if not more.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
There isn't any money owed to FdJ, if he leaves Barcelona during this transfer window.

I criticized Barcelona many times, however, in this particular case FdJ can only blame the incompetence of this agent. It's his job to ensure his client will get the deferred wages in any possible cases.
I guess FdJ would have better chances to get some compensation if he sues his agent for severe negligence than suing Barcelona.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Buying what? He literally said that in an interview, what are you on about with this doom mongering?
He also said that this squad finished second a year ago and good luck if you think that can be achieved again without meltdown from other clubs.

Dread Devil

There isn't any money owed to FdJ, if he leaves Barcelona during this transfer window.

I criticized Barcelona many times, however, in this particular case FdJ can only blame the incompetence of this agent. It's his job to ensure his client will get the deferred wages in any possible cases.
I guess FdJ would have better chances to get some compensation if he sues his agent for severe negligence than suing Barcelona.
Technically you are right, he agreed the wage drop….but if the club want rid of him before he then gets the money he reduced and agreed to be paid on top his earnings the next two years he and most people would would feel he is owed that….

I am sure he is unhappy his agent didn’t spot all eventualities but his agent and De Jong himself went into the agreement in good faith….therefore they expect Barca to act similarly…

fps

Neves is a good player for sure.

Redcy

Technically you are right, he agreed the wage drop….but if the club want rid of him before he then gets the money he reduced and agreed to be paid on top his earnings the next two years he and most people would would feel he is owed that….

I am sure he is unhappy his agent didn’t spot all eventualities but his agent and De Jong himself went into the agreement in good faith….therefore they expect Barca to act similarly…
That’s normally why you have an agent and lawyers, so you don’t get fecked by clubs and managers.

Anustart89

Why did they agree a fee with us if they were looking for a higher bidder? Surely nobody’s going to bid more than what they’ve already accepted from us? The only way more money makes it into that deal is if it gets sent Frenkie’s way.

Dread Devil

That’s normally why you have an agent and lawyers, so you don’t get fecked by clubs and managers.
Absolutely, and hence the hold up….De Jong and his agent are trying to get back the money they think they dropped their wages by temporarily and Barca don’t want to pay it…

For an outsider not involved you would think Barca should pay some or all back of the monies that he reduced his wage by , not that they legally have to but in good faith…

James35

With the window closing in just over 4 weeks, only time will tell if we managed to get sesko to sing the de jong song.

Or will our bald manager be left singing something by Right said McFred?

I already have my coat…

Status
Not open for further replies.