Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NLunited

United has to sign world class players and hot prospects, not just decent players.

FdJ is a no brainer, we can‘t get Tchouameni for example.

OverratedOpinion

It's only June 6th, get ready...

In all seriousness... How often does it ever progress to actual signing the player after this sort of talk for so long? Feels rare.
As long as this has been (less than 2 weeks)? The majority of our signings over the last 10 years had longer periods of speculation than this before they joined.

sleepehead

Then what are we waiting for.
Wasn't there a report last week we were negotiating for the price? Probably haven't hammered out the exact number yet, because that meeting regarding their finances didn't happen till Friday I think? Plus the last few years we've negotiated with the player before the team, so this isn't new for us to wait on a bid. I think by the end of the week we'll have a better idea of whether or not this transfer is happening. Also with nations league til the 14th he has more time to consider his options

Reactions: Sultan

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This has to be the worst transfer saga of the last few years.
That's pure gub my friend. Unless it's your first few weeks of being a United fan.

We're a couple of weeks into the summer! This could go on 3 months and it still wouldn't get close to the actual worst sagas.

Giggsy13

That's pure gub my friend. Unless it's your first few weeks of being a United fan.

We're a couple of weeks into the summer! This could go on 3 months and it still wouldn't get close to the actual worst sagas.
It isn’t even a fun saga though. At least the past Sancho and Pogba threads had some decent laughs. This one is just boring and miserable.

Zippycup

A recent tweet by @Toeinthewater on Twitter in regards to our finances suggests we have little to no money.

It does seem very legit

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I thought “official” bids are only made seconds before the selling club actually accepts? You negotiate, agree a fee and then make a bid. Otherwise what’s the point?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
As the original transfer tweets muppet, you know better than all of us that we're waiting to finish the monitoring so that we can progress to the considering phase.
Transfers are going to take even longer now that we have to factor in Ten Hag's 'seducing the player' phase. Unless he has some cunning plans like leaving a nice breakfast on their doorstep I can't see how our timelines are going to improve.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We should have decided on ETh sooner and gotten our transfer business rolling during the season.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It isn’t even a fun saga though. At least the past Sancho and Pogba threads had some decent laughs. This one is just boring and miserable.
Only because posters are making it boring and miserable with there woe is us inferiorities and dull unfunny Di Maria ‘jokes’.
Frenkie is a fantastic talent, he fixes a large part of our midfield, is a bargain at £60m and is coming.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I thought we were in a massive tug of war with Barcelona according to previous reports? We were fighting hard to get him, but Barca were also fighting back? Frenkie and Ten Hag were in constant discussions over the project but he had doubts because we weren't a top club? But our war chest was big and our persistence fierce?!

Or maybe journalists know feck all and because nobody at the club said "the stories are shite" they just ran with it?

Hoof the ball

Transfers are going to take even longer now that we have to factor in Ten Hag's 'seducing the player' phase. Unless he has some cunning plans like leaving a nice breakfast on their doorstep I can't see how our timelines are going to improve.
We already know that Ten Hag likes Italy. Like, really likes Italy. Maybe he'll sweep De Jong on a romantic getaway for a few weeks to Sicily before jetting back and finishing up the deal.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
We already know that Ten Hag likes Italy. Like, really likes Italy. Maybe he'll sweep De Jong on a romantic getaway for a few weeks to Sicily before jetting back and finishing up the deal.
Mirror Sport - "Ten Hag has halted his desire to sign De Jong after finding the midfielder's stamina lacking."

Sparky Rhiwabon

As the original transfer tweets muppet, you know better than all of us that we're waiting to finish the monitoring so that we can progress to the considering phase.
At least Ten Hag knows him well enough that we were able to skip the “running the rule” phase altogether.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

The chase for Sneijder has been going on for a decade or so now?

(any day now, I’m confident he’ll see the light)

TOKUGAWA-X

No no, here we go again with a player that did not want to come here in the first place.

We have suffered enough with players like that.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
United has to sign world class players and hot prospects, not just decent players.

FdJ is a no brainer, we can‘t get Tchouameni for example.
Just hope it doesn’t turn into a Moyes/Woodward window of being linked with Kroos and Fabregas etc and getting Fellaini for more than his release clause at the end of the window.

C'est Moi Cantona

Every big summer transfer we do always happens later on in the window, or doesn't happen at all, people just have no appetite for it this summer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Pedri and Gavi are untouchable as they have talent to be future ballon dor. Realistically keeping them makes more sense as they are on low wages meaning they will suffer less financially in building their squad with Pedri and Gavi together than keeping FDJ in building their squad with FDJ who is on much high wages.
@bosnian_red @McTerminator I was poking fun at that exaggerated tweet who said that FDJ is "potentially key asset" for any team playing high level, when Barca even prefer their 17 y.o. player instead of him. I know about wages and such, but you don't sell your "key asset" easily. And part of the reason is Barca is pursuing 33 y.o. Lewa where his wage might be equal to FDJ; where they have Aubameyang as striker already.

McTerminator

@bosnian_red @McTerminator I was poking fun at that exaggerated tweet who said that FDJ is "potentially key asset" for any team playing high level, when Barca even prefer their 17 y.o. player instead of him. I know about wages and such, but you don't sell your "key asset" easily. And part of the reason is Barca is pursuing 33 y.o. Lewa where his wage might be equal to FDJ.
Fair enough, yeah the key asset label is a bizarre one.

Key assets are top class players who just make the team tick, like Maguire:angel:

McTerminator

The chase for Sneijder has been going on for a decade or so now?

(any day now, I’m confident he’ll see the light)
I heard the Dutch link with ETH has helped progress the Sneijder deal.

EDIT: out of posts so

:lol: Once a player comes to United, he becomes an "asset" that we can only let go when their contract expire.

Although FDJ can totally become our real "key asset" though. I've never been this excited about potential signing for a long time. since Varane and Ronaldo.
:lol::lol:

I’ll be honest, I was hyped for Maguire so I’m going to keep my muppetting to a minimum on FDJ (I am super hyped though)

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Fair enough, yeah the key asset label is a bizarre one.

Key assets are top class players who just make the team tick, like Maguire:angel:
:lol: Once a player comes to United, he becomes an "asset" that we can only let go when their contract expire.

Although FDJ can totally become our real "key asset" though. I've never been this excited about potential signing for a long time. since Varane and Ronaldo.

avgp_1

Wait, will we still have time till August to finish up our preparing phase?

didz

He's on international duty til after the 14th, and the windows hasn't been open for a week. I don't think it's time to be panicking.

I think it's more worrying that we don't seem to be progressing anything else at the same time, although for all we know that might not be the case.

JustinC00

FFS this board might have new people but it hasn't changed 1 bit. Gonna spend all summer trying to get a fee down for a guy that is already throwing his toys out the pram because he doesn't want to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.