Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
How's he meant to kiss goodbye to his former teammates without returning to training? Honestly the weird desperation for this to be a dead deal instead of just....leaving the thread and ignoring it is bonkers.

captaincantona

Our whole lack of pursuit of a DM is based on getting FDJ, a press proof deep lying playmaker that is ideally suited to a pivot along with another hard working, possibly more physical presence.

with FDJ now in doubt….is there another player that fits the De Jong profile that isn’t a complete waste of €60million like Neves?

Koopmeiners, Sangare? We missed a trick with Guimares imo. Very clear the quality there.

ETH pursuit of FDJ seems so focused that he may be completely integral to how ETH sees us playing. Problem now is who can also play that roleand is available? If not, does ETH rethink his whole approach?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I can’t recall the last time a drawn out transfer saga like this concluded with us getting the player. Sancho excepted because he ended up coming in a different window.

Either this really is the start of a new era or it was dead weeks ago.
Rational people believe it was dead weeks ago.
And it was.
The player didn't/doesn't want it.
That should be enough for United to move on.

I just hope we have actually moved on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Our whole lack of pursuit of a DM is based on getting FDJ, a press proof deep lying playmaker that is ideally suited to a pivot along with another hard working, possibly more physical presence.

with FDJ now in doubt….is there another player that fits the De Jong profile that isn’t a complete waste of €60million like Neves?

Koopmeiners, Sangare? We missed a trick with Guimares imo. Very clear the quality there.
Neves wouldn't be a waste to be fair.

nickm

No, what we need is to commit to a deadline for the deal to go through and be ready to walk away if it's not met.

Barcelona are treating us like ***** because from their point of view, we're desperate enough to wait for De Jong. Until we stay firm with the deadline and act on it, most clubs will just think they can fleece us just like that did under Woodward and Judge's time.
That's a bit silly. If there is a deal to be done, there is no point in setting a deadline before the main transfer deadline.

If this fee owned to De Jong is a potential problem, then the question is whether a deal can be done over it, that's all.

Barca are treating us like we are: a club seeking to buy one of their assets.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's a bit silly. If there is a deal to be done, there is no point in setting a deadline before the main transfer deadline.

If this fee owned to De Jong is a potential problem, then the question is whether a deal can be done over it, that's all.

I dont think it's silly. An internal deadline means we arent taking breadcrumbs at the end of the window.

nickm

And it was.

That's a fair point but possibly we don't have a better option.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Deals are done at the last minute all the time.
Deals also break down at the last minute all the time.
We cant afford to feck up the midfield this window, considering we missed out on our first choice forward option and CB.

And it was.

There’s nothing rational about believing it “dead”.

• Barca have negotiated his transfer.
• Barca have come out and said they want him to stay, but only if he’ll renegotiate his wage.
• De Jong has said he intends to stay and has no intention of renegotiating his wage.

The above situation we all know puts Barça in a terrible position, and the mere fact ETH has good contact with the player tells us we are his alternative if/when Barça accept that he’s not taking a pay cut and have to settle with him for his departure.

So, lots still need to happen here, it really could go a few ways. What it certainly isn’t, is “dead”.

Some fans are desperate for it to be dead though, because they believe that’ll make us move quicker to another target, which is understandable.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.

ETH pursuit of FDJ seems so focused that he may be completely integral to how ETH sees us playing. Problem now is who can also play that roleand is available? If not, does ETH rethink his whole approach?
We're basically 1 injury away from the season being done...

phelans shorts

No, what we need is to commit to a deadline for the deal to go through and be ready to walk away if it's not met.

Barcelona are treating us like ***** because from their point of view, we're desperate enough to wait for De Jong. Until we stay firm with the deadline and act on it, most clubs will just think they can fleece us just like that did under Woodward and Judge's time.
I’m fairly certain that you don’t know what a good chunk of the words you just used mean, because this doesn’t make a jot of sense

nickm

Deals also break down at the last minute all the time.
We cant afford to feck up the midfield this window, considering we missed out on our first choice forward option and CB.
Staying in for De Jong doesn't stop us being in for other equivalent players (assuming there are any). In truth, we should be, for the reason you say but also because it strengthens our hand vs Barca.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How's he meant to kiss goodbye to his former teammates without returning to training? Honestly the weird desperation for this to be a dead deal instead of just....leaving the thread and ignoring it is bonkers.
I think it's dead quite yet.

We must be hopeful of a deal being possible as we would have moved on to a new target if that were not the case. I think we'll know more by the end of next week either way.

I won't lie, the thought of starting the new season with McFred gives me heart palpitations. But I don't believe that will happen, ETH won't stand for it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Staying in for De Jong doesn't stop us being in for other equivalent players (assuming there are any). In truth, we should be, for the reason you say but also because it strengthens our hand vs Barca.
It does, because if we cant seal De Jong we need to buy the combination of players that would best fit Ten Hag.

Those players will also have interest from other clubs. So we cant sit on our arse and hope they aren't sold all window just to punt on De Jong, who by the way, doesn't even want to join us.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

It's not. It's setting expectations and getting the squad ready for the season.

We got dragged into senseless transfer sagas every year and wind up with deadline deals to attempt to save the season because the club couldn't get deals done and we waste preseason for crucial players.

It's why we're a fecking joke.

McGrathsipan

That's a fair point but possibly we don't have a better option.
Surely in the whole world of players we have other options. An organisation the size of MU should be working off a template of a few options.
This summer with the change of executive management I can just about condone that there isn't any good players scouted however by next summer I'll be expecting our incoming business to be concluded very quickly

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Yes Neres who’s a good player you are clearly discounting.

nickm

It's not. It's setting expectations and getting the squad ready for the season.

We got dragged into senseless transfer sagas every year and wind up with deadline deals to attempt to save the season because the club couldn't get deals done and we waste preseason for crucial players.

It's why we're a fecking joke.
All I read in this post is a bit of panic.

McGrathsipan

There’s nothing rational about believing it “dead”.

• Barca have negotiated his transfer.
• Barca have come out and said they want him to stay, but only if he’ll renegotiate his wage.
• De Jong has said he intends to stay and has no intention of renegotiating his wage.

The above situation we all know puts Barça in a terrible position, and the mere fact ETH has good contact with the player tells us we are his alternative if/when Barça accept that he’s not taking a pay cut and have to settle with him for his departure.

So, lots still need to happen here, it really could go a few ways. What it certainly isn’t, is “dead”.

Some fans are desperate for it to be dead though, because they believe that’ll make us move quicker to another target, which is understandable.
We should make it dead then if that's really the case. He doesn't want to come here and he's using United as a fall back.

The other option is feck about with this all summer and be left empty handed

nickm

All I read from your post is just blindly believing the press releases the club feeds that they've changed despite the proof showing otherwise.
You seem very upset about something. Relax, it's Sunday.

Flexdegea

And it was.

You are claiming to know more than the club who negotiating with the other club for the said player. I'm sure if they deal was dead and buried they have moved on a long time ago.

Even claiming he doesn't want to go, again no one knows but im sure he stated he opened to the move to either Hag or thru his agent. I can't imagine we actually negotiated a fee with Barca if their wasn't a green light coming from both the player and Barca, to even get to that advanced stage, but should walk away because you think we should.

You aren't privey to any of it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ah great, ‘*****’ is back in the conversation.

If we must, for whatever reason, view everything through the lens of whether or not someone is a ‘****’ or not, it’s actually closer to this…

Utd is TRYING to cuckold Barca by taking away their player (wife), however, said player (wife) is like, ‘oh, um, yeah maybe, I mean, I don’t actually WANT to be with you, but if my rich husband (Barca) won’t pay me my sugarbaby money (wages), then, like maybe…’

Utd is then stood there, at the bar at the swingers club, making longing glances towards Barca’s wife (player), mouthing ‘pick me’ while other wives (players) mingle and swap partners (club) around them.

Volksie316

I keep hearing stuff like “If he did not want the move, then why are United still in talks etc, surely we wouldn’t waste our time”

These people, have obviously not seen the last decade or so.

We are the same club, what chased another Barcelona player all summer, only for him to reject us, and us end up with a tall tree branch, as a last minute panic deal.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Ah great, ‘*****’ is back in the conversation.

If we must, for whatever reason, view everything through the lens of whether or not someone is a ‘****’ or not, it’s actually closer to this…

Utd is TRYING to cuckold Barca by taking away their player (wife), however, said player (wife) is like, ‘oh, um, yeah maybe, I mean, I don’t actually WANT to be with you, but if my rich husband (Barca) won’t pay me my sugarbaby money (wages), then, like maybe…’

Utd is then stood there, at the bar at the swingers club, making longing glances towards Barca’s wife (player), mouthing ‘pick me’ while other wives (players) mingle and swap partners (club) around them.
How tf is Barca a rich husband here

Status
Not open for further replies.