Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexio

So I’ve been away from the internet for two days. Have I lost anything important, if anyone can update me. Or is it the same; He might join, he might stay?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Right lads I reckon a GoFundMe page to pay Frenkies owed money is in order. €1 each, 17 million fans. Get on it
And if we fall short I’ll keep it

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Right lads I reckon a GoFundMe page to pay Frenkies owed money is in order. €1 each, 17 million fans. Get on it
And if we fall short I’ll keep it
Even if we hit the target and sent it to Barcelona they would spunk it all on fireworks and bAltoona for Lewandowski.

Nicklas

What this transfer need is LvG to tell him that he needs to play in the same position as he did in Ajax and as he does in the NT to have a chance to participate in the World Cup.

ForeverRed1

If there has to be a choice, then yes without a second thought.
Frenkie isn't an undisputed starter anymore with Pedri, Gavi and Kessie as competition. And we have a new lad called Torre who showed some Pedri moves in yesterdays game. Also Frenkie's best position as double pivot isn't there in barca's 433. But at the same time, he costs the club €30m+ in masa salarial every year like an elite player and game changer. So there is a big
discrepancy in cost and benefit for the club.
I love Frenkie as a player, but I understand that the club doesn't want him to stay under those circumstances.
yeah it is the one area your stacked in. I guess it really does suit all parties if he leaves.. just seems like he doesn’t want to, which is a massive stumbling block.

crossy1686

career ending
Xavi is trying to be nice here. Considering they are splashing cash on Raphinha and Lewa, its both sporting and economical decision. He is just being modest about this if this is true
He wouldn’t be saying that if De Jong was willing to take a pay cut also. The fact of the matter is they can’t afford him anymore and they can at least brainwash Raphinha for two or three seasons before he starts getting pissed off about missing wages also.

Ous is from this point on three times cheaper for the club than Frenkie, but is way more important on the pitch. If there was a decision between them, it didn't take 3 seconds to think about it.
Well, when you ever manage to get him on the pitch.
I predict now he’s not playing for a new contract, he’ll be back in the treatment room for 80% of the season.

pawanraj

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
So I’ve been away from the internet for two days. Have I lost anything important, if anyone can update me. Or is it the same; He might join, he might stay?
Same stuff. Fee nearly agreed but he wouldn’t piss on us if we were on fire.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So the long thread transfers usually end up in disappointments... Either the player doesn't join, or joins and isn't too productive.

This is not a good sign...
Well yeah, it makes sense that a long running thread would mean the player wasn't coming, as it means it's been open the entire window

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
De Jong/Martinez/Eriksen all announced on the same day.
All are ex Ajax.
That would be mad wouldn’t it. Are we Ajex FC?
That constsnt mosning needs to stop. Lets support EtH he is the real deal. Jose brought all his Portugal players to Chelsea….

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
So the long thread transfers usually end up in disappointments... Either the player doesn't join, or joins and isn't too productive.

This is not a good sign...
Im not sure Red Cafe transfer thread length has any real bearing on eventual outcome

pawanraj

Im not sure Red Cafe transfer thread length has any real bearing on eventual outcome
Mate, none of what anyone says on this entire site has any real bearing on the eventual outcome... I wasn't being serious, I thought that much was clear. But maybe not.

Teja

Nice - this is basically what I was predicting for several days. We'll add more in guaranteed + less in add-ons. More money in guaranteed will pay off FdJ's remaining wages. I think it will happen soon.

I don't really mind paying a little more upfront by taking out easy to reach bonuses like appearances etc. I hope the remaining bonuses are harder to reach like goals, assists, CL apps etc.

Infra-red

Yep. No update of any significance in the last three weeks. He might join, but it will probably drag in to August.

Pronewbie

Peep
The transfer fee between the clubs was never in doubt for 2-3 weeks now. There's so much re-hashing on twitter and in this thread I've decided to take another break from here - till Frenkie Friday

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Yep. No update of any significance in the last three weeks. He might join, but it will probably drag in to August.
Well no.

We’ve now got FULL agreement (add ons + fee) previously only the guaranteed fee was agreed

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The transfer fee between the clubs was never in doubt for 2-3 weeks now. There's so much re-hashing on twitter and in this thread I've decided to take another break from here - till Frenkie Friday
It was the add-ons which wasn’t agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.