Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ffs 17 minutes since the announcement and Frenkie hasn't agreed terms yet?! This will feck up our season if we spend any more time on this dead end deal. Walk away, etc.

DevTheRed

As others have said many times I can’t imagine it would’ve gotten this far (months of negotiations and now a total agreement of the fee AND add ons) without both clubs thinking that Frenkie would accept the move.

Personally I think this one is in the bag now, matter of time.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
this is the guy that ETH wants more than anyone, who he wants to build squad around. Also one of the best in the world in his position.

of course he is worth it.

He's not even the best midfielder at barca.

ETH can want him all he wants it still doesn't change the fact that fdj has consistently said he has no interest in leaving barca. Say we do get him what's to say in a years time he wants out of united much like Di Maria.

croadyman

I wonder if Barcelona will leave him out of their pre season tour tomorrow to push him out
That will now be the telling thing, well obviously along with sorting out personal terms and how he gets deferred wages.

RedStarUnited

I watched him in real time thanks, you all love Carrick, great, for me one of the most over rated players ever to wear the short, each to their own opinion, I cannot try to convince you otherwise, trust me you will not convince me, like I say I watched the guy, live and formed my opinion, not from stats or you tube or what some pundit says.

Whilst we are on Brian McLair in midfield was also terrible (not as a striker though), anymore people I can annoy???
Do you remember 2012/2013? apart from RVP who else do you think had a good season that year?

Gandalf

We wouldn’t be briefing Orny if he didn’t want to come. Plus we’ve agreed to pay more guaranteed - The jigsaw pieces are falling into place.
I think the bolded is key, that is probably what Barca needed to be able to come to a deal on the deferred wages with Frenkie's camp so it could be the catalyst to this accelerating now.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Doesn’t sound as promising though, sounds to me that Barca want the money and want to sell him, we obviously want him but the player doesn’t wanna come. If he signs are we gonna have an unhappy player that doesn’t wanna be here?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Remember when Murtough and Arnold were getting pelters in here 24 hours ago? Their trips have wrapped up 2 deals this week.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Doesn’t sound as promising though, sounds to me that Barca want the money and want to sell him, we obviously want him but the player doesn’t wanna come. If he signs are we gonna have an unhappy player that doesn’t wanna be here?
Does this remind you of someone?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Good point. Walk away?

avgp_1

Wasn't the initial fee €65m or something + variables. We've upped the final offer to help resolve this stalemate?

Godfather

I'm in full muppet mode now. That's until the inevitable negative twats from the Spanish press come out in full force again after their siesta.

UnitedFire

At this point you are just embarrassing yourself mate…
Let's wait and see.

But yeah you have to assume this final agreement was necessary to sort out de Jongs financial needs.

I hope it also came with an IOU from Barca. First dibs on a young talent.

TheHeya

There’s no way we’ve gone to this much trouble to agree a fee if we didn’t think De Jong wanted to come. It’s on like Frenkie De Jong!

Godfather

There's incompetence and then there's agreeing on a 85 million euro package for a player that doesn't want to join. I just refuse to believe that this could be the case.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Di Maria and Van Gaal didn’t have any sort of relationship.

Ten Hag and De Jong are pretty much like footballing family so I don’t really see it as another Di Maria type move.

Him leaving his already favourite club probably means him leaving United is quite minimal in chance as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.