Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenIntrovert

Ffs 17 minutes since the announcement and Frenkie hasn't agreed terms yet?! This will feck up our season if we spend any more time on this dead end deal. Walk away, etc.
He cant agree terms with us yet since his existing contract has not been resolved. He only can move if the club and him come to a agreement on his existing contract.

Doesn’t sound as promising though, sounds to me that Barca want the money and want to sell him, we obviously want him but the player doesn’t wanna come. If he signs are we gonna have an unhappy player that doesn’t wanna be here?
Players don’t need to play for their dream clubs to be fecking awesome. Weirdcafe

Ole was a Liverpool fan, Ronaldo always wanted Madrid yet was the best player in the World here. David Silva nor Aguero ever dreamed of Manchester City. In fact 99.9% of players are not playing for their dream clubs.

ForeverRed1

He's not even the best midfielder at barca.

ETH can want him all he wants it still doesn't change the fact that fdj has consistently said he has no interest in leaving barca. Say we do get him what's to say in a years time he wants out of united much like Di Maria.
Sure, Barca hasn’t gone to plan for him. His best work has for sure been at Ajax. Football goes like this sometimes but I wouldn’t say Barca’s midfielders a better than him. ETH is key here and if he can get frenkie here and playing for him again, he can be world class for us, no doubt about it. He will feel love here that he has never felt there.. if we can build a ETH team and play exciting football again.. no reason he won’t love it.

this is a amazing club with some of the best fans in the world. No reason he can’t fall for this club, especially if the team is built around him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Completely different scenario, no? Barca are publicly calling for him to leave, and blaming him for the lack of funds to register new players which will bring in the new era.

He's being forced out. If he stays, they will blame him for everything. You're naïve if you think he still has a future there unless he takes a £200k wage cut.
You don’t need to fill me in on the facts (or the hypothesis) as I am aware of all of them. They are what give us a good chance of getting the deal done. The fact that the player would prefer to stay and has a contract to do so is why there remains a chance it won’t.

All your shit about public enemy is irrelevant. He will simply be seeing out his contract. And as it stands, Barcelona come out every days and say how highly they rate him and would like him to stay anyway. They are not ‘publicly calling for him to leave’ at all. All it means is they would not be able to buy new players if he stayed. They will not ‘blame him for everything’ - they are complicit in his contract, and anyone with common sense will not take very long to see that Barcelona’s financial woes are not the fault of Frenkie de Jong.

I am optimistic of him joining us. But I am also balanced enough to not question or ridicule others who are less confident, because as I’ve said, there are also reasons for them to lack confidence, regardless of how many counter reasons you give for your own confidence.

tidraKS

Wohooooooooo exciting news :D Can't wait to see him in a United shirt. #21 De Jong :devil:

mctrials23

The only way Frenkie must leave is if Barca cough up enough to make him happy to leave. Hell, he could ask them for the entirety of his outstanding contract to leave if he wanted and stay put when they say no.

I do think it would be funny if after all this we can't agree personal terms with Frenkie and the transfer fails and Barca are fecked.

90 + 5min

Once again we are throwing money on player that is currently not even worth a third of that. Amazing. We never learn. Lets hope he becomes player club hope him to be. I’m hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

Widow

That's not the main issue really. No way we get this far without knowing he is willing. This all hinges on the deferred wages saga on barcas side. The very reason we are even able to sign him is exactly the reason it's taking so long.
I agree but we knew this a few days ago.

We didn't know that, only that we had made an agreement on base fee. Also Ornstein reporting it carries as much weight as manutd.com.
It was reported yesterday that a total agreement was in place. It's in the tweet page, I posted then there.

We wouldn’t be briefing Orny if he didn’t want to come. Plus we’ve agreed to pay more guaranteed - The jigsaw pieces are falling into place.
We don't usually brief Orny, that's Arsenal besides, he is just echoing the piece by Whitwell hence his tagging of him. Whitwell is closer and the more likely to be briefed. Talk of the Devils podcast was recorded a few days ago and the talk about a full agreement being reached then.

The news is good but we are no wiser than we were yesterday.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I really thought this was going to be a straightforward one, the moment I herd ETH wanted him. I though the Antony one would be the one to drag on and on. It would be nice if he was in in time for either the Palace or (i guess more realistically) Villa game...

One note: if my employer owned me a stack of money, I'd be hiring a lawyer pretty damn quick. not sure why he hasn't

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Was that actually happening?! :lol: SadCafe.
Yep, people for some reason think it's a waste of time 2 people in new senior roles at a football club develop strong face to face relationships with 2 of the biggest clubs in Europe....

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Good deal. Now all that remains is for United to pay half of deferred salary and the other half is forgiven by the player.

But there are already too many miracles to ask mateu Alemany.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
To be fair, thread title should mention we are waiting Frenkie to say yes. Non-regular thread muppets may be thinking this is signed sealed and delivered right now.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Ffs 17 minutes since the announcement and Frenkie hasn't agreed terms yet?! This will feck up our season if we spend any more time on this dead end deal. Walk away, etc.
not like we’ve scored any more goals since the fee has been agreed. i’m with you, walk away whilst we still can.

Godfather

Good deal. Now all that remains is for United to pay half of deferred salary and the other half is forgiven by the player.

But there are already too many miracles to ask mateu Alemany.
Yeah or you just pay him from the huge transfer kitty.

Joeycha88

Someone needs to post the frenkie crying meme holding up the kit. Such a weird situation. I think his stance is he doesn’t want to leave because he wants his owed wages. Think this will be official tomorrow! Chooo chooo

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's not even the best midfielder at barca.

ETH can want him all he wants it still doesn't change the fact that fdj has consistently said he has no interest in leaving barca. Say we do get him what's to say in a years time he wants out of united much like Di Maria.
There's a difference between not wanting to be at a club, and just wanting to make it work at a specific club. If it can't work at that club anymore (like seems to be the case with Barca), then there is nothing to suggest he wouldn't want to come here. If Barca had a future planned for him or the funds for him, he'd of course stay.

Di Maria didn't want to come to United, preferred PSG. He probably would've worked out fine if Van Gaal and him suited each other more.

Also - he is absolutely the best midfielder at Barca. Pedri is quality and up there, but is very young still. Also very different players. For Ten Hag, Frenkie is pretty much the perfect midfielder.

Man-United

Do Barca get the money they wanted and we payed as always what the selling club said?

Status
Not open for further replies.