g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Barca fans claim it's a reliable source, can' imagine anyone in their right mind would want to stay after the treatment he's received this summer. Trying to skimp out on his wages now they're telling him to feck off

MadMike

Do we know any numbers? Like what was the total cost of the deferred wages? How much does Frenkie want basically to not feel like he's being stitched up?

Not suggesting that we pay it, necessarily. Just want to get the picture. Because he will surely get some sort of signing bonus to sign for United

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Once again we are throwing money on player that is currently not even worth a third of that. Amazing. We never learn. Lets hope he becomes player club hope him to be. I’m hoping for the best but expecting the worse.
Are you gonna drop the bomb or not?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He's not even the best midfielder at barca.

ETH can want him all he wants it still doesn't change the fact that fdj has consistently said he has no interest in leaving barca. Say we do get him what's to say in a years time he wants out of united much like Di Maria.
I've always believed di Maria would have stayed if not for that ridiculous game at Leicester. We were coasting and having fun, so was he, until the ref decided we were playing American football or wrestling. Di Maria saw how we fell apart - and then he did too

Brophs

The One and Only
And you lot thought the two lads were over in Barcelona for the week just slaying fanny and eating at restaurants that serve you your dinner on a roof tile.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Cypriot

You don’t need to fill me in on the facts (or the hypothesis) as I am aware of all of them. They are what give us a good chance of getting the deal done. The fact that the player would prefer to stay and has a contract to do so is why there remains a chance it won’t.

All your shit about public enemy is irrelevant. He will simply be seeing out his contract. And as it stands, Barcelona come out every days and say how highly they rate him and would like him to stay anyway. They are not ‘publicly calling for him to leave’ at all. All it means is they would not be able to buy new players if he stayed. They will not ‘blame him for everything’ - they are complicit in his contract, and anyone with common sense will not take very long to see that Barcelona’s financial woes are not the fault of Frenkie de Jong.

I am optimistic of him joining us. But I am also balanced enough to not question or ridicule others who are less confident, because as I’ve said, there are also reasons for them to lack confidence, regardless of how many counter reasons you give for your own confidence.
When the president of your club is doing everything to get rid of you - you don't stay at that club.

I'm not a blind optimist and FDJ is not my favourite player ever. But his relationship with Barcelona is finished - you're naïve if you don't see it. United or not he's gone.

I can see there's no reasoning with you. I'm hoping that with your user title, the 'master of hindsight' you'll see how silly you sound later on.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

Barca fans claim it's a reliable source, can' imagine anyone in their right mind would want to stay after the treatment he's received this summer. Trying to skimp out on his wages now they're telling him to feck off
He Must be mad to want to stay if this is true. They are pushing him out as hard as they can.

Hughes35

Great news..... Very weird all this stuff about him turning to muck because he wants to stay at Barca.

Just because a player is a fan of a club doesn't mean they can't perform for another. Loads of players are Utd / Liverpool / Madrid / Barca fancs etc but perform for other teams. I can see what he wouldn't be happy with Barca but Utd have done nothing wrong so he can't be pissed at us.

Think this will be a great signing. If Ronaldo stays then Martinez, De Jong, Erikson, Malacia and a RW (Anthony?) looks like a pretty good summer all things considered.

Not many teams buy 5 first team starters on one window so I'd be pretty happy.

Another CDM on top of that would just be the cherry really and I'd be confident going in to a season for the first time in years.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
There's a difference between not wanting to be at a club, and just wanting to make it work at a specific club. If it can't work at that club anymore (like seems to be the case with Barca), then there is nothing to suggest he wouldn't want to come here. If Barca had a future planned for him or the funds for him, he'd of course stay.

Di Maria didn't want to come to United, preferred PSG. He probably would've worked out fine if Van Gaal and him suited each other more.

Also - he is absolutely the best midfielder at Barca. Pedri is quality and up there, but is very young still. Also very different players. For Ten Hag, Frenkie is pretty much the perfect midfielder.
I know a few Barca fans and they're all devastated at the prospect of losing Frenkie and how the club have let it come to that. That simply doesn't happen for a player that has supposedly been underwhelming there. He might have been at his best at Ajax but he's clearly been excellent for Barca too.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Xavi telling De Jong that he doesn't want him must hurt; I hope Ten Hag can help him; he's been a nothing player for many months now.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
not like we’ve scored any more goals since the fee has been agreed. i’m with you, walk away whilst we still can.
Actually it's still taking too long. Forget about walking away, even Anderson would run from this, the fat bastard.

90 + 5min

Maybe. Seeing him in Barcelona doesn’t give me confidence that he is the one to fix our problems. I see Eriksen (if it goes through) as far better signing. I think We should have gone for Kante type players but I hope deJong prove me wrong. At least, he can’t be worse then some of those who left.

Zippycup

FDJ instantly makes our team look so much better.
Obviously, he is familiar with ten Hags set up so you'd think it would help settle him
Into the team rather quickly

A great signing if it happens.

red_de_pologne

Nope.
You said “Yes he did in an interview on Holland duty, when asked about joining Man Utd.”

And well, he didn’t say that, so you’re lying. Go watch the interview/press conference pal.
Jesus.. I said he stated his desire to stay at Barcelona (he did) in an interview that mentioned his possible transfer to United (that was the context), read carefully and take a deep breath before jumping on others and accusing of lies.. pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.