Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

George The Best

The second part of what you've said is what is convincing me that there must be something in this. I can't imagine us sticking with this for so long based on nothing, but I also simultaneously am sceptical with Barcelona, who just seem dodgier and dodgier the more this goes on. They're very quick to buy new players but don't seem to be quick with moving de Jong on. You'd think that they'd be desperate for that transfer fee and even if you subtract the money they owe de Jong from that transfer valuation, they've got money there right on the table that they seemingly aren't in a rush for. I'm convinced that they think they can get de Jong to agree to a huge wage drop, and that's why the deal has stopped.

Haha, no, but it surprised me as I swore he was at least 3 or 4 years younger than that. Matic is 33 and his have legs have fallen off for some time, and I'm aware of the stereotype of players slowing down/age catching up with them once they get to a certain point. Not saying that Fred is going to have a bad season by any means or will turn to shit as he blows out his 30th birthday candles, but it does highlight that we need to have some sort of plan with what's going on with our central midfield area for the long-term.
Didn’t ETH say we will build an FDJ in the academy

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Let's hope our bio-engineering is up to the task
I know our academy is pretty good and all that, but i'm sure we've not quite mastered genetic engineering/clone technology yet.
Unless we have? Maybe de Jong will ge a text from EtH one day asking for a tiny snippet of his hair :cool:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If Barcelona have already agreed a fee with United and need De Jong gone, I’m struggling to think of a reason why they took him on tour.

I’m expecting “player goes on tour with contracted club shocker”

But leaving him home wouldn’t affect the price they got and would have been a big sign that he’s not wanted. And taking him risks injury
Constructive dismissal. They have to be careful not to create a case for a claim.

LordSpud

Frenkie - doesnt want to join Manchester United, a club he feels is ran "erratically" (hard to disagree). But he wishes to remain at THE erratically-ran club in Barcelona. Go figure.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I know our academy is pretty good and all that, but i'm sure we've not quite mastered genetic engineering/clone technology yet.
Unless we have? Maybe de Jong will ge a text from EtH one day asking for a tiny snippet of his hair :cool:
We'll go all Mewtwo on the league :drool:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
On Aug 1, Barca have to submit their financials to La Liga. Are they in the clear? Do they desperately need to sell FdJ?
If Barca are in the clear, then what do United fans expect to change within the next 30 days? Why will Barca agree to pay FdJ's backlog after 25 days (for example) but not now?
It's a weird one as surely they've already started paying his enhanced wages from 1st July as that's when most football contracts run to isn't it? I do feel August 1st will be the next big deadline that comes and goes like the rest have so far

Shiva87

Frenkie - doesnt want to join Manchester United, a club he feels is ran "erratically" (hard to disagree). But he wishes to remain at THE erratically-ran club in Barcelona. Go figure.
United are run erratically in a way that compromises the football side of things. Barca are erratic on the financial side. At this moment, Barca are more likely to win their league and win CL as compared to us. That is why

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
United are run erratically in a way that compromises the football side of things. Barca are erratic on the financial side. At this moment, Barca are more likely to win their league and win CL as compared to us. That is why
Next season, maybe. Last season they got embarassed by Eintracht Frankfurt

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Absolutely bullshit, and most likely created by the megaminds at Sport, who are clearly far more informed about this saga than either of the clubs, the manager or the player himself

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
It's a weird one as surely they've already started paying his enhanced wages from 1st July as that's when most football contracts run to isn't it? I do feel August 1st will be the next big deadline that comes and goes like the rest have so far
I agree ... United should just move on. Surely there is one other player in the top-5 leagues (~2,300 division 1 players) who could perform De Jong's job.

OrcaFat

Are you actually trying to explain something that is obviously made up? And why?

Guapa

Would absolutely love him here.Think he's a top,gifted footballer who plays the game at ease,but think he'll end up agreeing a compromise with Barca and will stay.

Indy_Red

I still believe we will get Frenkie and who knows maybe Memphis thrown in as well, but i really hope we dont do anymore business with Barca. They seem to change their mind daily it would seem

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
It's not happening; with the rise in interest rate (always bad news for anyone or anything with debt), they won't sign B.Silva, meaning they won't sell DeJong. Apparently, Xavi would only let DeJong go if Laporta signs Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.