Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Presidente

The problem is that i'm pretty sure Sport aren't the only ones running this narrative. The only ones that ever said FDJ is still open to a move to United are the British sources like Ducker, and they are probably getting their info from United camp... who get their info from FDJ camp... who are probably playing us and baiting a CL club like PSG
Might have been the case if it wasn't for ten Hag. Very much doubt De Jong will play ten Hag. There must be a reason we are still on this.

cyberman

Tier 1, personal terms won’t be a problem etc etc.

Well I looks like they’re a fecking problem as we stand right now

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The problem is that i'm pretty sure Sport aren't the only ones running this narrative. The only ones that ever said FDJ is still open to a move to United are the British sources like Ducker, and they are probably getting their info from United camp... who get their info from FDJ camp... who are probably playing us and baiting a CL club like PSG
They really are though from what ive seen. Everyone who has reported it have linked back to Sport. It's always "according to reports in Sport, a Spanish publication" etc.
People like Romero, Romano etc have said he wants to stay, but have NEVER said he won't join United.

If you want to know how unreliable Sport are, they tweeted twice in a few hours, or 24 hours one says "de Jong prefers to join Chelsea over United and will push to make it happen" then put "de Jong absolutely does not want to join Chelsea, his priority is Manchester United" now it's "He has no intention of joining Manchester United but isn't against leaving"

If that doesn't tell you what you need to know... i don't know what does. They caught wind of the Chelsea interest, de Jong wanted Chelsea over United. Chelsea interest dried up or was proven false "he had no intention of joining Chelsea and wants United" They're a mess

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
There seriously needs to be a deadline for us for this deal. If it's not done by next week we need to move on to other targets, it's getting ridiculous now.
Pretty sure it was reported a few days ago that we did set a deadline and that it was today.

Although if we do make the decision to move on from signing him it'll be briefed and we'll find out conclusively in a wave of news coming from multiple outlets.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Why are people making out that him going on tour means the deals off? :lol:

WE LITERALLY AGREED A FEE WITH THEM THIS WEEK

the_cliff

Pretty sure it was reported a few days ago that we did set a deadline and that it was today.

Although if we do make the decision to move on from signing him it'll be briefed and we'll find out conclusively in a wave of news coming from multiple outlets.
I for one will be happy that this will be over. FDJ is a good player but feck me he's not prime Zidane for all this headache.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Except he can say with the same contract. That's how contracts work.
Indeed, but lets see what happens when he tries to do so.
Barca will do everything the LEGALLY can to make his time there hell so he either leaves in January, or puts in a transfer request at the earliest opportunity.

Their transfer plans hinge on him leaving from what i gather

TheReligion

Abusive
The player doesn't want to leave. Mostly because United hasn't even competed for the big titles since SAF left. Leaving a team that hasn't been relevant for 3 years for another that hasn't been relevant for 9 years only makes sense if you are going to earn much more and are moving to a nicer City. But to earn about the same but have to move to Manchester and go to a probably worse team makes no sense. Also, Frenkie knows is only Laporta who wants to sell him for economic reasons. That Xavi likes him and he will probably continue playing. Gavi or Kessié don't seem good enough yet to bench him. Pedri is the only one who is definitely better than him in that midfield but he is only 19 and injury prone.
Saw your user name and knew the post would be dross. Unfortunate waste of bandwidth.

Castia

How do you figure that out, we have over 3 weeks until the season starts, he is going on tour not to prison.
The tour finishes a few days before the league starts, if we can’t get the deal done by that point then we’re in trouble.

So late in the summer as well I really hope we have alternative players.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So Barca say they've agreed a fee with United, then tell Sport that he wants to leave but doesn't want to go to United? Why exactly?
No one else is in for him, no one wants to come in for him... Chelsea thought about it then pissed off.

Barca are jeapordising their own transfer window, and people say WE'RE bad!
My point was general, Sport are a Barcelona mouthpiece which is a good reason to read the nonsense they write. Now it doesn't mean that they are only used by Barcelona, I remember at least one occasion where they reported a hit piece against a player and later an article that put the club in a bad light. Sport are a good window into Barcelona's circus, now it's not a good idea to believe what they write.

Regarding De Jong it's possible that on one hand they share Barcelona's narrative and on the other hand Dursun's own narrative and the article that you are referring to seems to show that. None of it actually makes sense if it comes from a single angle but it clearly doesn't.

Barcelona and De Jong are playing a game of chicken.

Gandalf

Barca will have to pay that money whether he leaves or not. We also still owe Messi.
Not true. He extended his contract when deferring the salary and the money he deferred was added to the remaining 4 years on his deal. Barca are taking the stance that if he leaves they owe him nothing as his contract has not been fulfilled. Legally they are correct but morally they are very much in the wrong as they know that they are not honoring the spirit of the agreement. Laporta would probably shoot his own children for the price of a big mac though so what do you expect.

Mmm-Qatarian

Assuming it's because of the first Sancho pursuit, whereby him going on the tour with Dortmund effectively spelled the end of our chances of signing him in the Summer of 2020. Thing is, we were explicitly told by Dortmund that if Sancho went on the tour with them they would not be selling him. Barca have given us no such ultimatum with De Jong (at least not publicly), and in fact seem highly keen to sell him.

drmuji

Rumours say that Barcelona had issued a directive were certain players cannot use the club toilets anymore. A paid toilet had been installed within the premises for them to use. Access is 17m a pop.

FDJ had responded to such rumours that it was always his dream to crap on Laporta's desk.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
There’s a gif with Frenkie walking through the door to Erik having got off the plane a la Ross and Rachel waiting to be made here.

Castia

So why is he going on tour then? they won’t want to risk a 70m sale and if he’s going looks like they have zero intention of paying him the money owed.

We simply can’t risk this deal any longer, we need to move on.

the_cliff

The tour finishes a few days before the league starts, if we can’t get the deal done by that point then we’re in trouble.

So late in the summer as well I really hope we have alternative players.
Problem is even if we do have alternatives, which sane club would let go of one of their key midfielders a week before the season starts. This needs to be sorted asap if not we'll be getting charged 90 million for Neves.

dove

Who is saying that? It doesn't mean a deal is off but what it definitely means is that it's not as close as some people suggest here. Deal will still most likely happen but I think it's fairly obvious at this point that FdJ's wish is to stay and we are his fallback option if he is forced to leave.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
My point was general, Sport are a Barcelona mouthpiece which is a good reason to read the nonsense they write. Now it doesn't mean that they are only used by Barcelona, I remember at least one occasion where they reported a hit piece against a player and later an article that put the club in a bad light. Sport are a good window into Barcelona's circus, now it's not a good idea to believe what they write.

Regarding De Jong it's possible that on one hand they share Barcelona's narrative and on the other hand Dursun's own narrative and the article that you are referring to seems to show that. None of it actually makes sense if it comes from a single angle but it clearly doesn't.

Barcelona and De Jong are playing a game of chicken.
That i can clearly see.

These deferred wages are a big big problem, and unfortunately, if United truly want him, i see them paying his deferred wages to get this done. I think the board will do all they can to get ten Hag his priority players, even if it means being reckless on their side, which this clearly would be.

Makes no sense for de Jongs agents to leak such stuff though either, as puts United in a bad light and as has been said, if he does join, people will definitely think he had no intention and was forced against his will, so won't give it his all etc. Unless United are being kept in the loop about what his agents are saying and the reasons behind why it's being said? I just don't understand.

Infra-red

Look I know this is what’s been mentioned but I think he genuinely doesn’t want to come here.
From what I have read, it more a case of him not wanting to leave Barca (but reluctantly accepting that he might have to) rather than personally having anything against United.

I'm sure we'll have been given some encouragement from player/agent that he's at least willing to join us if Barca accept an offer and pay him off for the deferred wages. United aren't a particularly attractive prospect for top players anymore, but De Jong is a special case because he played the best football of his career under Ten Hag. If City or Bayern or PSG etc suddenly throw their hats in the ring, we might be in trouble, but at the moment, it looks like we are the only game in town for him if Barca force him out.

No, it's really not to be fair.
If that was the case, with all these reports that he "doesn't want to go to United but will leave if needed" would cause a few clubs who were interested to spring into life.
No one else is interested. Chelsea was for a short while, but they've cooled off it seems. It's United or no one at this minute in time.
It definitely appears to just be United interested at the moment. I'm sure Barca have done what they can to attract interest from elsewhere, but they look to have failed (so far...) and have now seemingly accepted United's offer.

JPRouve

Scout
So why is he going on tour then? they won’t want to risk a 70m sale and if he’s going looks like they have zero intention of paying him the money owed.

We simply can’t risk this deal any longer, we need to move on.
They want to sell Memphis and unless I missed something he is supposed to also go on tour. Clubs rarely leave players out of tour because they may be sold in the following month.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Indeed, but lets see what happens when he tries to do so.
Barca will do everything the LEGALLY can to make his time there hell so he either leaves in January, or puts in a transfer request at the earliest opportunity.

Their transfer plans hinge on him leaving from what i gather
It does not. They can sign players anhow

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
From what I have read, it more a case of him not wanting to leave Barca (but reluctantly accepting that he might have to) rather than personally having anything against United.

I'm sure we'll have been given some encouragement from player/agent that he's at least willing to join if Barca accept an offer and pay him off for the deferred wages. United aren't a particularly attractive prospect for top players anymore, but De Jong is a special case because he played the best football of his career under Ten Hag. If City or Bayern, or PSG suddenly throw their hats in the ring, we might be in trouble, but at the moment, it looks like we are the only game in town for him.

It definitely appears to just be United interested at the moment. I'm sure Barca have done what they can to attract interest from elsewhere, but they look to have failed (so far...) and have now seemingly accepted United's offer.
Yup i agree there.
I can definitely see that they're tried everything to get other clubs interested, and i think Chelsea were for a very short time, but they just didn't think it was worth it, or was told by his agent that he wasn't interested? I don't know, none of us do to be fair. Theres much more going on behind the scenes that we know about, and the media are playing out the story that both Barca and de Jong want us to see.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

I'm sure we'll have been given some encouragement from player/agent that he's at least willing to join if Barca accept an offer and pay him off for the deferred wages. United aren't a particularly attractive prospect for top players anymore, but De Jong is a special case because he played the best football of his career under Ten Hag. If City or Bayern, or PSG suddenly throw their hats in the ring, we might be in trouble, but at the moment, it looks like we are the only game in town for him.

Because no one else is crazy enough to pay that much

Castia

Yes but again, if he goes on tour he is not stuck there for the duration. Commercial flights do exist you know.
I mean we’ve agreed a fee why the feck would he be going on tour. We’ve been patient to this point but this is the time where we force their hand. If he gets on the plane we should walk.

Makes zero sense to take him, what are they getting out of taking him to the US if they want him sold?

Man-United

I'm starting to believe that he was a Liverpool fan as a kid and hates us just like Haaland despise United.

Castia

They want to sell Memphis and unless I missed something he is supposed to also go on tour. Clubs rarely leave players out of tour because they may be sold in the following month.
You dont take a player after a bids been accepted, i‘ve never seen that one.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Yes they can, but they can't register them with La Liga... so they'd have all these new players that can't play in the League
Not yet. They can sell some other players and with their levers, the cap can be adjusted, i.e. increased

JPRouve

Scout
That i can clearly see.

These deferred wages are a big big problem, and unfortunately, if United truly want him, i see them paying his deferred wages to get this done. I think the board will do all they can to get ten Hag his priority players, even if it means being reckless on their side, which this clearly would be.

Makes no sense for de Jongs agents to leak such stuff though either, as puts United in a bad light and as has been said, if he does join, people will definitely think he had no intention and was forced against his will, so won't give it his all etc. Unless United are being kept in the loop about what his agents are saying and the reasons behind why it's being said? I just don't understand.
It does makes sense for the agent, he wants to force Barcelona's hands. The agent is allowed to say one thing to United in private and claim something else in public in order to push Barcelona into a corner. And I don't think that United, De Jong or his agent give a damn about what people will imagine, they care about getting their money while the club cares about getting the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.