Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
And he could stink the place out like Pogba and Di Maria or have injury problems like Varane, their are no guarantees in football, Barca fans are split on FDJ, some love him, some think he should be doing more for the obscene wages he was suppose to be paid, and that’s the issue, he loves Barcelona unconditionally, the fans, club and manager do not share that same unconditional love, he’s not xavi, Messi, Busquets and this is the reason why he can’t play his favourite position. Barcelona have Pedri, F Kessie, Pjanic, Gavi, Garcia, Busquets already without FDJ which is 6 players for 3 spaces just like they now have R Lewandowski, P Aubameyang, F Tores, O Dembele, A Fati, Raphina. They have 6 players for 3 spaces and M Depay and M Braithwaite are also surplus to requirements.

The reason why Barcelona have mortgaged the clubs future and are trying to do so much within the transfer market is because like United, they had a terrible season, the club won 28 Out of 54 games, recording
14 defeats and 12 draws, they came second in La liga but at one stage we’re mid table, got knocked out of the CL at group stage, then got knocked out of the Europa League very early when they were red hot favourites. They intend to bring in at least 8 or 9 players and phase out 7 or 8 to become relevant again on the pitch so they can generate more money off the pitch. It makes sense for players who were bought by previous managers and cost a fortune who are on high wages be the first to go especially if they were part of a team under R Koeman that lost and drew so many games. A President like La Porta who is a nasty piece of work has at least one admirable quality, he will do whatever it takes to elevate his club and make the Catalonian club win again. He will not tolerate a win rate of less than 60/65% which is why the sacked the last two managers and brought Xavi in, Xavi May like FFJ but he didn’t buy him.
Great story, but Laporta should accept the position where the club's in, instead of acting like a dickhead against players and managers (Koeman). Mortgaging their long term TV rights is by no means a wise or sensible decision. Not accepting that they have to take a step down is by no means a good excuse or a required mentality to be a topclub. It's nothing but politics, sticking your head in the sand and guaranteeing that the future of the club is ruined. Laporta is not being a good manager by retaining the qualities on the pitch at cost of the future. Putting up his successors with an impossible situation, because he wants success now for his own legacy (at the cost of the clubs future).

If he would be a true top chairman he would face the problems, solve them and make sure Barcelona has a good future. Laporta is however a selfish prick, who is willing to disrespect contracts, disrespect players and managers and act like a complete dickhead to just hopefully get some short term success. This all so he can say the club was successfull under his reign. Everything for his own ego and then putting his successors up with an impossible situation. This is exactly how real politics work as well and is the exact reason why the world is on the verge of another total collapse. Advocating that he's doing the right thing here is absolute madness. Laporta is doing absolutely nothing besides being an absolute dickhead. He definitely deserves it to completely backfire on him.

If Barca don't win anything in the next 2/3 years, they won't have trophies, they won't have money and their players value won't be close to what they anticipate now. The club will be in absolute ruins in 5/10 years time. Even if they win 3 CL titles in the next 5 years they'll have a big problem, but then at least their players might have significant value. Their only way out is the Super League. The problem is they make it out like football needs the Super League, like football fans want the Super League. Only Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid want the Super League, because that's the only way they can keep living at the same standards. But that's their problem, not footballs problem. Football doesn't need that non sense. Football needs a level playing field, meaning FFP should become even stricter and there definitely shouldn't be a league created just for the benefit of a few clubs that otherwise can't keep living above their standard.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Think the new substitution rules will really do wonders for a couple of kids this year.
Yup i agree.

I'm hoping some of these kids take their chances and really impress the boss. Some of them definitely look like they have the talent to be starters in a couple of years for definite

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Does anyone know when Barcas first game is?

Plus with Xavi not being there, will those at the top tell whoever is in charge of the team to try and give de Jong a little nudge out the door by not selecting him, even though he's probably fit enough to play?

phelans shorts

McTominay is bang average and can’t pass a ball. Neves is clearly so much better.
Wrong on both counts. You’re actually proving my point from a few pages ago perfectly.

Let me ask you this, when has Neves been a regular in a side that even qualified for the Champions League?

He played a bit part in Porto qualifying for the Champions League 7 years ago, hardly convincing for this brilliant midfielder who is consistently outperformed by his partner who’s the wrong side of 35.

This chronic underrating of our own players isn’t fun, it’s just boring.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Does anyone know when Barcas first game is?

Plus with Xavi not being there, will those at the top tell whoever is in charge of the team to try and give de Jong a little nudge out the door by not selecting him, even though he's probably fit enough to play?
Inter Miami. 1 AM Wednesday in the UK.

Rob Bowman

Call me crazy but I think the backup player for Frenkie is Eriksen, I also think this is why we are so relaxed in terms of not really pushing other targets.

I'm not calling them similar players but Eriksen can absolutely play the role of the creative man in the double-pivot.
This is very interesting. It would solve and sort so much...

ACM- Bruno (VDB)
CM- FDJ (Eriksen)
DCM- Fred (McT)

Again interesting thought, thanks for sharing.

Pickle85

Wrong on both counts. You’re actually proving my point from a few pages ago perfectly.

Let me ask you this, when has Neves been a regular in a side that even qualified for the Champions League?

He played a bit part in Porto qualifying for the Champions League 7 years ago, hardly convincing for this brilliant midfielder who is consistently outperformed by his partner who’s the wrong side of 35.

Not to get dragged into this mctom vs neves argument but this particular point is a bit silly. McTominay is an average player surrounded by above average players that dragged him along to the champions league. Neves is an average player surrounded by average/subpar players. McTominay is only a regular in a champions league side because he has decent players around him. It's not because of him, it's on spite of him.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Inter Miami. 1 AM Wednesday in the UK.
Will be interesting to see what the team is and whether de Jong is even selected.
If he's not, i'd say it's pretty telling. Even if he's on the bench though, theres no guarantee he'll be playing any part in the game.

Berbaclass

Will be interesting to see what the team is and whether de Jong is even selected.
If he's not, i'd say it's pretty telling. Even if he's on the bench though, theres no guarantee he'll be playing any part in the game.
Don't do it to yourself mate :lol:

I'm sure he'll play for fitness. I'd rather he does if this is going to take another month.

phelans shorts

Not to get dragged into this mctom vs neves argument but this particular point is a bit silly. McTominay is an average player surrounded by above average players that dragged him along to the champions league. Neves is an average player surrounded by average/subpar players. McTominay is only a regular in a champions league side because he has decent players around him. It's not because of him, it's on spite of him.
I strongly disagree. McTominay has been a very important part of our team for a number of years, every bit as good as those around him.

Do I think we should improve if we can (see:Frenkie, although McTominay partnering him wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest) absolutely, but the idea that McTominay is dragging us back is bollocks.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Don't do it to yourself mate :lol:

I'm sure he'll play for fitness. I'd rather he does if this is going to take another month.
Doesn't bother me at all pal. Means absolutely nothing at all play or not play.
This is going for the long haul, i'd be extremely shocked if it was done before the start of the season thats for sure

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Neves didn’t play a bit part for Porto. He literally captained that team from an incredibly young side. He’s played for a hyper negative wolves side, how is he alone expected to drag them to top four? He’s very good at what he does something which can’t be said for McTomminay.

Berbaclass

Neves didn’t play a bit part for Porto. He literally captained that team from an incredibly young side. He’s played for a hyper negative wolves side, how is he alone expected to drag them to top four? He’s very good at what he does something which can’t be said for McTomminay.
Personally think McTominay has been badly used for years. Obvious he's not a defensive midfielder and is better used more offensively.

OrcaFat

I strongly disagree. McTominay has been a very important part of our team for a number of years, every bit as good as those around him.

Do I think we should improve if we can (see:Frenkie, although McTominay partnering him wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest) absolutely, but the idea that McTominay is dragging us back is bollocks.
McT has been very much part of the problem. Unless he improves, he has no long term future here. He’s not alone (on past 12 months performance, most of them will be gone before we seriously compete again) but defending him seems like a waste of time.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Personally think McTominay has been badly used for years. Obvious he's not a defensive midfielder and is better used more offensively.
Wasn't McTom a striker before going into midfield? Am sure i heard it mentioned during the match the other day?

Woziak

Great story, but Laporta should accept the position where the club's in, instead of acting like a dickhead against players and managers (Koeman). Mortgaging their long term TV rights is by no means a wise or sensible decision. Not accepting that they have to take a step down is by no means a good excuse or a required mentality to be a topclub. It's nothing but politics, sticking your head in the sand and guaranteeing that the future of the club is ruined. Laporta is not being a good manager by retaining the qualities on the pitch at cost of the future. Putting up his successors with an impossible situation, because he wants success now for his own legacy (at the cost of the clubs future).

If he would be a true top chairman he would face the problems, solve them and make sure Barcelona has a good future. Laporta is however a selfish prick, who is willing to disrespect contracts, disrespect players and managers and act like a complete dickhead to just hopefully get some short term success. This all so he can say the club was successfull under his reign. Everything for his own ego and then putting his successors up with an impossible situation. This is exactly how real politics work as well and is the exact reason why the world is on the verge of another total collapse. Advocating that he's doing the right thing here is absolute madness. Laporta is doing absolutely nothing besides being an absolute dickhead. He definitely deserves it to completely backfire on him.

If Barca don't win anything in the next 2/3 years, they won't have trophies, they won't have money and their players value won't be close to what they anticipate now. The club will be in absolute ruins in 5/10 years time. Even if they win 3 CL titles in the next 5 years they'll have a big problem, but then at least their players might have significant value. Their only way out is the Super League. The problem is they make it out like football needs the Super League, like football fans want the Super League. Only Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid want the Super League, because that's the only way they can keep living at the same standards. But that's their problem, not footballs problem. Football doesn't need that non sense. Football needs a level playing field, meaning FFP should become even stricter and there definitely shouldn't be a league created just for the benefit of a few clubs that otherwise can't keep living above their standard.
Let me be clear here, I’m actually agreeing with you Laporta is playing the short game for his own ego and with the new FFP rules to come in from Uefa within the next two seasons where the club can only eventually spend 70% of it’s actual turnover on transfers, wages and agents fees. This will stop clubs trying to always buy success and put restrictions on state run clubs who can only invest up to £49m per season I believe

Let’s put that into perspective. united turn over £500m per season with last years wage bill of £325M(65%) we would have 5% left for transfers and agents. So we could have spent £25m last year or £20m net spend on a player and £5m agent fees.

Why do you think United and other clubs are trying to get so many big earners off the payroll. City are ahead of the game on this, growing their turnover, all be it by a shady Middle East bogus company, big transfers fees out and moderate ones in and a far more controlled wage structure than us. They would not sign Alexis Sanchez at 400k per week, Maguire at 250k or a 36 year old Ronaldo at 500k per week? La porta has no idea what’s coming because he just sees short term success and being lauded by the Barcelona members.

This is the real reason none of the top clubs want Christiano, no one wants £50m of wages for two years on your books when your about to be capped by UEFA from 24/25 season.

Suvvernmanc

Hannibal and Garnacho too.
And hopefully Facundo Pellistri too. I personally think he will be a superstar. There is something about him that I saw in his 1st few games for us. He is a 'naturally gifted player, the rest can be taught' type of player.

Revaulx

Basically you insinuated that Van Gaal had beef with Di Maria and played a part in the burglary.

The case is still undetected so I’m going to reopen that motherfecker right now If you’ll testify?
He probably got pissed and roped in some of his mates from Wings to have a bit of a laugh :)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I just don’t see how a player that can’t pass will ever be a top player. Technically McTominay is just miles off where we need to be. I couldn’t see him in Liverpool or City teams. I think Neves could do the Rodri role very well in comparison.

saivet

McTominay has been a key midfielder for us for a few years and midfield is and has been the biggest problem area, so of course he's played a big part in holding us back.

OrcaFat

The President La Porta has said he can stay but not on the current contracted wages of rumoured €22M per season. La Liga sanctioned Barcelona last year and they now have to fall in line with their wage to revenue ratio being less than 70% which of course it was not, hence the debt. The club was basically over trading with players like Messi, Suarez, Griezmann etc all contributing to their wage bill being unsustainable so controls were put in place and now for Barcelona to sign and register new players, the whole salary of the teams comes into consideration. Barcelona need to get I’m guessing FDJ, G Piquet, M Depay and a few others off the wage bill to register players like F Kessie, Christensen, Raphina however it is important to note that a lot of these players due to their love for Barcelona are taking much lower wages than they could get at other teams right now and this is what La Porta is trying use in forcing FDJ to reduce his wages if he truly wants to stay.
Yeah but he doesn’t have to, he can just say no and stay anyway. It would cause Barca a problem, sure, but that’s for the club to worry about - they can’t solve it by forcing players to accept lower salaries, they can only ask, they cannot demand it. You may imagine every player would be reluctant, yes, tough luck Barca.

phelans shorts

McT has been very much part of the problem. Unless he improves, he has no long term future here. He’s not alone (on past 12 months performance, most of them will be gone before we seriously compete again) but defending him seems like a waste of time.
My entire point is that he isn’t some anchor dragging us back. In fact he’s been a very functional part of a very functional team that regular played in the Champions League, but morons have some agenda making out he’s a Sunday league player who’d struggle in the Championship, when he has rightly been a regular starter for us.

The last twelve months was the blip, and it was bad, everybody was. People need to put their bizarre desire for XYZ (primarily British lads, weirdly) to be scapegoats behind them. Lots of these players are going to be important parts of Ten Hag’s plans. More importantly most of them are better than Ruben bleeding Neves or Youri Tielemans.

Status
Not open for further replies.