Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't live in London, they live in a mansion in the suburbs in and around Surrey which isn't dissimilar to the likes of Alderley Edge. Hence why the likes of Chelsea's training ground is in Cobham.

But in all honesty in terms of 'things going on' I'd much rather live in a city than in the country in Cheshire. More stuff to see and do and more for their families too.
That’s you personally, plenty feel different. I’d prefer to be closer to Wales, the Peaks and the Lake District.

frostbite

Frenkie is waiting for page 1000 and then he will announce his never ending love for redcafe.

Motorman

I'm getting to the stage where I'm getting fed up with this. I know I still want him to join deep down but at the same time I am think. Feck it off and get someone else... arghh

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yep, this living in London thing seems an awfully dated argument these days. Maybe 10 years ago but players these days are getting married and settling down younger and younger and hardly ever spend their nights out partying as it's a different era now

The UK is the UK, shit weather wherever you are so London or Manchester makes little difference
A lot of the Chelsea players don’t even live in london anyway. They live in Cobham and other surrounding parts of surrey also.

It’s right on the M25 so easy to get into London but you get the peace and quiet also.

Anyway, im really not sure FDJ cares where he lives, it seems more partner driven

Mmm-Qatarian

Apparently Barca are going to activate their second lever very soon. Perhaps I'm saying this more in hope than expectation but I wonder if that could help bring about a resolution to this saga.

Tweek

Frenkie's agents are most likely playing some games of their own and planting the Chelsea interest in the media in order to get some CL clubs interested. It makes no sense for Barca to do this as the fee is already agreed between the clubs.

EtH pull on Frenkie is very overrated imo. The player will do whats best for his career first and foremost.
Perhaps, but I feel that if FDJ does leave Barca, he's already agreed that it will be to us. ETH seems too set on FDJ to have not been given some kind of assurance by either player or agent. Most probably the player himself given their previous relationship.

It could be Barca spin to try and get United to help push a deal over the line... panic us into telling FDJ to forget what Barca owe because we'll up the signing fees to compensate him. I doubt United will do that... certainly not anywhere near to the extent of the money allegedly owed.

Maybe it is genuine interest and Chelsea are just trying their luck. The world and his wife knows there is something shady going on between Barca and FDJ... his agent probably doesn't need to put out fake stories to drum up interest.

The fact that barely any interest from any other team has been reported throughout all of this feels like a good indication that anyone ringing his agent has been told it is already move to United or stay at Barca.

Zoo

Apparently Barca are going to activate their second lever very soon. Perhaps I'm saying this more in hope than expectation but I wonder if that could help bring about a resolution to this saga.
It’ll help them with Kounde.

Acquire Me

I'm sorry but I don't believe they have enough draw to beat us to Frenkie after all the work we've put into this deal.
The Ten Hag factor(who's also a top manager but you won't say this) as well as having the project being built around HIM with a promising project will give us a big advantage over everything else you're saying. At Chelsea he'll be another piece of cog alongside Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho, Gallagher amongst others and all 4 are very senior players at Chelsea.
The only clubs that would instantly beat us to FDJ no questions are City, Liverpool, PSG and Bayern none of whom will buy him
FdJ played his best football under EtH and he knows exactly what EtH want to achieve with him at United. I think he is more than excited to do that if he have to leave Barca.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's quite possible it will. It'll certainly give them the money to pay what de Jong is owed and then get him off their books. So i'd imagine it's a win win for them. Whether they see it like that though

Can we stop with this “lever” bollocks.

Barça is soon about to receive their second pay day loan, thus missing out on up to 2bn + of future revenue.

Lots will happen now with this new pay day loan and the La Liga 30 June date. Not long to wait.

MadMike

I'm getting to the stage where I'm getting fed up with this. I know I still want him to join deep down but at the same time I am think. Feck it off and get someone else... arghh
You’re only now getting to that stage? Impressive perseverance.

Speedicut75

So the Mail On Line ( vomits in mouth ) state from xenophobic, Spanish, sources, that he doesn't fancy UTD because it's "run erratically"? I mean what the f*ck constitutes good practice at Barcelona? They're an absolute shite show.

Until he ( the player ) explicitly says that's the case, it's nothing more than a narrative waiting to be qualified. Nature abhors a vacuum, and so does tabloid journalism irrespective of country, or affiliation.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Romano saying that Chelsea would consider FDJ if his stance on leaving Barca changes, Chelsea have spent just shy of 100M Euros at this point though.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
They don't need to sell him anymore once that is activated, so I'm hoping a firm "it's not happening" comes out so we can put this to bed.

Mmm-Qatarian

They don't need to sell him anymore once that is activated, so I'm hoping a firm "it's not happening" comes out so we can put this to bed.
If that were the case do you seriously think they'd have been pushing for his sale this hard up until now?

GinobiliTheGOAT

Barça is soon about to receive their second pay day loan, thus missing out on up to 2bn + of future revenue.

Lots will happen now with this new pay day loan and the La Liga 30 June date. Not long to wait.
They’ll be able to buy it back and you can’t underestimate how big of a brand Barca are. They’ll be fine long term, but Laporta is certainly rolling the dice a bit. Every time there is a horror story of a massive club being dead for the foreseeable future it rarely happens.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Aye, London or Cheshire is give or take. Some will prefer the leafy life, some a big city.

A fluked CL a couple of years back in a season they fired their manager for being so wank means little when making a decision today for the next 4-5 years.

The manager - clearly United have an advantage here.

CL next season - Chelsea have an advantage here.

Money - equal

Chances of doing better in league - past 4 years says, feck knows.

He’d be a bigger star at United of course, because well, it’s United, but that also means little in the grand scheme of things.

The rest is just noise and self loathing drivel.
Yeah, this is a decent summary of both club's overall attractiveness to de Jong. We can't underplay how big a deal ten Hag is, here. He can also make Frenkie look much better and become one of the first names in the Netherlands' team sheet for the upcoming World Cup. He won't have that guarantee at Barcelona.

Mmm-Qatarian

I'm only using the phrase "lever" as that is how it's been commonly referred to in the press. I don't know the ins and outs of it, frankly.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Whether people want to accept it or not Chelsea are a bigger draw than United are right now.

Firstly they are far more likely to be in the Champions league year in year out they have even won it twice in recent times whereas we have barely figured any time we did qualify.

They have won more trophies in recent years they have won bigger trophies than we have managed since Fergie quit, they have a world class manager and a lot of money.
They are at the top end of football right now whereas we are hoping we have a manager that can finally get us back there

Last and not least they are in London which is always a plus for players and their families.

If de jong has a choice of Chelsea or us then the chances are he will opt for Chelsea.

This whole thing has dragged on for so long now i really hope we have alternative options as we will likely need them.
Because of the the Roman sanctions situation, and the subsequent take over and all the fluctuations in the playing squad I’m not sure they are. It’s a pretty fluid and unpredictable club to join at the moment and that may put some off regardless of all the points you listed.

GinobiliTheGOAT

So the Mail On Line ( vomits in mouth ) state from xenophobic, Spanish, sources, that he doesn't fancy UTD because it's "run erratically"? I mean what the f*ck constitutes good practice at Barcelona? They're an absolute shite show.

Until he ( the player ) explicitly says that's the case, it's nothing more than a narrative waiting to be qualified. Nature abhors a vacuum, and so does tabloid journalism irrespective of country, or affiliation.
It probably is BS. But you can definitely argue Barca have a higher ceiling than United and have had more recent success as well.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Time to move on… we’re desperate for midfielders let de Jong and Barca f them selves. We want players who’ll jump at the chance to join us… not players that have to be persuaded to join us! Players who actually want to be here and make a name for themselves will give 110% in every match!

cyberman

Romano saying that Chelsea would consider FDJ if his stance on leaving Barca changes, Chelsea have spent just shy of 100M Euros at this point though.
Of course they wouldn’t get involved unless they had a yes from the player as well…

Status
Not open for further replies.