Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLord

I have a question for the legal muppets on here, based on a hypothetical:

- Suppose FDJ did sign a document stipulating a portion of his wages can be paid at a later date, and for argument sake, let's say the later date is August 15th 2022. (can be anything, say he gets his 1st instalment on the deferred wages or the entirety starting August 15th).
- Now suppose 5 business days have passed since August 15th 2022, and FDJ has still got nothing wired to him on the deferred wages.

Could he be within his rights to rip-up the contract with Barca and walk into another club?

In such a situation, where FDJ goes AWOL because his employer are not fulfilling their end of the agreed and signed contract, there would definitely be a court battle between FDJ Barca.
But wouldn't that allow the club receiving him to just pay FDJ a bonus on signing and didly-squat to Barca pending the verdict of the court case?
Walking into another club involves a lot of parties and a lot of paperwork. He could definitely file a case in court for untimely payment and win the case in his favour. But signing for another club simply for some deferred payment is out of question in modern times. The entire court proceedings may take several months, and he'd probably end up ruining his professional career.

Fanta Stick

Not a hope. Raiola had this negotiated before he passed away- there is no way that he would not have milked an oil club for an insane signing on fee (£60m minimum) and a similarly high agent fee. Also, whatever his reported wages are you can probably quadruple them - the Sheikhs pay a lot off the books (refer to Mancini).
Hence I wrote: 'official'

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Are Sport considered a pro - X team paper? I.e Are they pro Madrid or Barca? People seem to think they hate us at United but is it just anti-Barca stuff? Or is it just a good story that gets more clicks than any other due to involving both Barca and Utd, so they are just making as much money out of it as possible themselves?

I don't bother following, but I imagine they have no information at all on the situation regarding us and Frenkie/Barca. It makes me wonder if there is an ulterior motive. If De Jong stays while refusing a paycut I presume it royally fu**s Barcelona's plans up and screws up player registrations going forward. Could they just be praying we move on, knowing Chelsea have no interest, leaving Barca without a buyer or any negotiating power with regard to Frenkie's contract.. Got to wonder who Sport actually dislike with this.

Or maybe they are actually just right, Chelsea are moving Jorginho on discretely and replacing him with Frenkie, while we get left with out pants down? It's a really strange story given the lack of corroboration elsewhere.. :confused:
Sport are a Barca based pro-Barca mouthpiece.

Lynty

I know nobody here really knows anything about the contract situation at Barca, but I wonder if de Jong stays beyond the September deadline, are Barca locked in to the lucrative contact previously agreed with de Jong?
Yes. Hence why they're so desperate to push him out by anymeans possible (well...by anymeans that doesn't include actually paying him)

Withnail

Yup, it’s a strange phenomenon. You could have been a season ticket holder for 40 years but if 10 of your posts haven’t been liked then you don’t know shit.
It's a vetting process which is why you get more privileges along with your likes. It's obviously going to factor into people's thinking a bit but it's also a running joke. Everyone knows it's a bit of a cheap shot.

Dan600

I believe that Sport are a pro Barca outlet but I'm not totally sure. It's been said they report what Barca tell them too, but i don't really know.

If Chelsea were shipping someone on and were interested enough that a crappy source like Sport are reporting it, then you'd think that the Chelsea tier 1s would at least verify it as true. This is the third time Sport have reported Chelsea links and as per, the Chelsea tier 1s are silent again
Sport are a Barca based pro-Barca mouthpiece.
I felt I had read that before, which makes it all the more confusing to me really.. In some ways it makes you realise we aren't the only ones with awful PR teams. The finances being aired in public, the flip flop nature of he wants to go/he wants to stay, if this is suppose to make them look good and Frenkie look bad, then I don't know... It's up there with Prince Andrew's 'I don't sweat' interview in the self-awareness stakes.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
No... its literally just Sport that's saying this and they've been throwing the same stuff around for weeks with no other journos reporting it or even mentioning it.
Chelsea journos are silent on the matter, they've not said a word about it and you'd expect them to say something wouldn't you?
It was reported also by that other outlet who are supposed to be reliable (Relevo? Something like that).

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It was reported also by that other outlet who are supposed to be reliable (Relevo? Something like that).
Relevo... you mean the report that Chelsea were to make a bid in the coming hours, that never arrived and no other journos picked up on or reported?

The guy who reported it also worked 9 years at Sport, not that that makes a difference mind

devil99

So Barcelona keep highjacking all Chelsea transfers and they are going to help them by paying more for FDJ. It perfectly makes sense

Didn’t his dad want paying 50m or something insane? As well as a huge agent fee…
Raiola set up the entire Dortmund deal with release clause to ensure that the agent, player and his Dad would be the ones making the most by far out of the transfer, not fecking Dortmund.

Judging by what Raiola received from the Pogba deal (27 million Euros just to him and his company), it’s safe to say the Haaland one made each party tens of millions, probably as much as the Pogba one each. All off the “official” fee though so suited City down to the ground.

Rolaholic

Basically they're fecked if he doesn't take a paycut or accept a transfer :lol:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Relevo... you mean the report that Chelsea were to make a bid in the coming hours, that never arrived and no other journos picked up on or reported?

The guy who reported it also worked 9 years at Sport, not that that makes a difference mind
The one that said Chelsea had informed Barca of their interest in the last few hours and that they are preparing a bid.

We then increased our own bid and the latest is that Chelsea won't match it but FDJ wants to go there and Chelsea will only get involved once there is a breakthrough in his situation.

Rolaholic

Does anyone really believe that Chelsea will give Barcelona any sort of big money and financial lifeline after getting played like mugs by them twice this summer window??

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yup, it’s a strange phenomenon. You could have been a season ticket holder for 40 years but if 10 of your posts haven’t been liked then you don’t know shit.
A person may be a season ticket for 40 years but that doesn’t rule them out of being a complete bell end. They don’t go hand in hand

FatTails

I can’t imagine a player at United taking a pay cut to stay at United. Barca really seems to have a special pull, even when the club is a dumpster fire.

Charles Miller

If what Romano said today on his youtube channel is correct, the situation has not changed. FDJ doesn't want to leave Barcelona and is not accepting a pay cut.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We need to stop taking "the player doesn't want to leave" so literally.

There is every chance that actually means "the player doesn't want to leave... until he's paid what he's owed"

sully07

I am torn. Whilst I believe he would be a great fit for the team, part of me wants him to go Gareth Bale on them and site on the bench taking the money. Barcelona would implode.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The one that said Chelsea had informed Barca of their interest in the last few hours and that they are preparing a bid.

We then increased our own bid and the latest is that Chelsea won't match it but FDJ wants to go there and Chelsea will only get involved once there is a breakthrough in his situation.
If Chelsea are truly interested, then why aren't any of the reporters close to Chelsea picking up on it? You'd think that if they were serious their interest would be confirmed by those who have good sources.

The only things we've had in the UK are things like The Mail etc who report it using Sport etc as their source

Status
Not open for further replies.