Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Only way is dipping into next summer budget, show some forward planning for once
Dont think we will do this. FDJ we will revisit next summer, as well as a top striker. A backup GK and a squad ST (if Ronaldo leaves) are my guesses for the rest of the window. So nothing too exciting.

croadyman

Dont think we will do this. FDJ we will revisit next summer, as well as a top striker. A backup GK and a squad ST (if Ronaldo leaves) are my guesses for the rest of the window. So nothing too exciting.
Well Erik said we needed numbers in forward positions so there is hope of a striker. Surely seeing Martial's injury proneness will make his mind up to buy one before Thurs

LordSpud

Agreed about FDJ. I think United are being quite shrewd with this. There is a possibility if Barca have a poor season which is possible given the sheer amount of players they bought in at once that they might need to let him go on the cheap just to keep them in the green. The only problem is we kinda need him now. But if you remember Dortmund wanted silly money for Sancho, a year later it was tens of millions cheaper.

croadyman

Agreed about FDJ. I think United are being quite shrewd with this. There is a possibility if Barca have a poor season which is possible given the sheer amount of players they bought in at once that they might need to let him go on the cheap just to keep them in the green. The only problem is we kinda need him now. But if you remember Dortmund wanted silly money for Sancho, a year later it was tens of millions cheaper.
Do you honestly believe we get another shot even if we get ourselves back into Champions League

croadyman

Hope people are right who think we will come back for him again next summer, personally can't help thinking it's now or never

Zaboot

The only way to keep this thread going is to have fate we will revisit next transfer window

Speako

Like the last few diehard fans waiting at the stage door for their artist to appear, it feels like we’re down to those who now live purely in blind hope. It’s over: he’s gone home: it isn’t happening.

And then; right when all hope had gone, when the lights we’re about to be turned out and it’s time to board the final train home..the door opens…and out he walks…contract in hand…majestic, ‘never in doubt’ he grins.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This is dead ... but if we were to try for him one last time we should hear about it very soon considering that Antony has been wrapped up.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I mean I'm still all for signing De Jong, but since we more or less signed Antony, I'm starting to get sceptical where the money is going to come from

mu4c_20le

It ain't dead until he takes the pay cut or window closes. Simple as that. We remain an option for him.

OrcaFat

It ain't dead until he takes the pay cut or window closes. Simple as that. We remain an option for him.
Yes, exactly.

I could imagine us having one last try at this. With Casemiro and Antony on board, top 4 must look a lot more likely to FDJ. If he’s really hesitant because of no CL it would just be one year without and he would be definitely joining a team on the rise.

Laurencio

I reckon he's negotiating with Barca about a new deferral at this point. How those negotiations go in the next few days will determine what he decides to do. He will want a clear repayment plan and clear clauses regarding bonuses. If he doesn't get that, he might consider leaving.

Zaboot

It's a fact he does not want to leave Barca. He has a contract with them. This isn't going to turn into a Bale situation for him if he doesn't leave, he is good enough to get games and he knows it. He knows he doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want to. Barca are just chancing their luck to see if they can get him on lower wages. It's all talk from barca but at the end of the day if he stays barca know he has a contract.

It's dead in the water.

Knightmare7

Sadly, Antony sounds the death knell for this deal. Casemiro arguably put us close to not being able to pull it off, but this definitely does it. Transfer budgets aren’t unlimited

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Nope. Only reason all this inane chasing made sense was him being the one to build our midfield/future around, etc. The only reason it still isn't 100% dead is the same rationale still applying.

Beyond Thursday? Feck him.

Status
Not open for further replies.