Television Friends Reunion Confirmed | Irrelevant thread bump confirmed too

Green_Red

God bless the show that gave us Jennifer Aniston. A fine specimen!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So it's not a one off new episode?

I'm not as into it as a lot but that would've been cool.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Fresh Price, Frasier and Seinfeld. With the Simpsons better than all of them, if that can be counted in this category.
Simpsons = Seinfeld > Friends > Fresh Prince

(I need to watch a lot more Frasier).

I do love The Fresh Prince, though.

John_Jensen

The Simpsons & Larry Saunders were streets ahead of any other 90s US sitcom.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Someone worked out how many sexual partners they had throughout the 10 series, and it was off the charts in terms of numbers...

138 between them...
6 good looking single 20/30 something year olds, over 10 years, in New York with an average of 23 each, while one is a womanising celebrity. Thats hardly off the charts?

Sylar

Someone worked out how many sexual partners they had throughout the 10 series, and it was off the charts in terms of numbers...

138 between them...
100 probably Joey and 2 probably Chandler...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Apparently Matthew Perry won't be there for them.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Apparently Matthew Perry won't be there for them.
Yeah, he told Norton he won't be there due to him doing a play over here, but will do a video link to introduce the documentary.

'It's not the reunion everyone is hoping for, they are celebrating Jim Burrows who was a director of Friends.

'The other five [Friends] are going to be on this special and I am going to introduce them from London. I'm doing the play here so I can't be there.'

Will Absolute

I thought all the characters were funny apart from Joey and Phoebe, who, oddly enough, were the comic relief. Something strange about that.

(I suppose Phoebe did have occasional moments of comic lunacy, but I can never remember laughing at Joey. His character was in No Man's Land - too broad to evoke human sympathy, but too 'normal' to be a clown)

SteveJ

Scout
'It's not the reunion everyone is hoping for, they are celebrating Jim Burrows who was a director of Friends.'
I read that as 'Jim Bowen'.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Oh come on, Perry was much funnier.
Er...

Seriously, though, this is a single episode special, isn't it?

Loved friends when I was growing up. It don't know if it would appeal to me as much now, but it did what it set out to do, excellently, which was a mix of humour and characters that people fine likeable, loveable and feel attached to.

Had a huge crush of Aniston as well. That episode where she had to take care of Marcel was all about her legs. :drool:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Can't believe so many (okay, not surprised @Walrus) thought that Friends was actually funny. Not that there were many great shows in the 90s, but Seinfeld blew the doors off of Friends. Shite, even X-Files which wasn't really a comedy was funnier than Friends.

SteveJ

Scout
My glasses need glasses, mate.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Matthew Perry (Chandler) funnier than David Schwimmer (Ross)? :houllier:

I feel like anyone who thinks Chandler is funny at all has to be a massive arse hole.

Skizzo

Yeah, he told Norton he won't be there due to him doing a play over here, but will do a video link to introduce the documentary.
Maybe should have thought it through a bit more

Matthew Perry’s new play The End of Longing, about the lives of four people hoping to find love and happiness, has been destroyed by critics after it opened in the West End on Thursday night.

The 46-year-old actor stars in his playwriting debut at London’s Playhouse Theatre but sadly, most reviewers have already branded it “woeful”, “flimsy” and “essentially a dud” in two-star pannings.

The Guardian notes that Perry gave himself “most of the best lines” in what amounts to little more than an “extended sitcom” while The Telegraph’s Dominic Cavendish reckons it “all feels like a curious waste of time, money and effort”.

The Independent’s Holly Williams does not hold back, describing Perry’s “gendered cliches” as “stale as a drunk’s morning breath”, but later gave credit to the “real charge” he adds when contemplating a life without alcohol. “Perry is a big box-office draw, but The End of Longing will leave all except the most devoted Friends fans longing for the end,” she writes.

InfiniteBoredom

Matthew Perry (Chandler) funnier than David Schwimmer (Ross)? :houllier:

I feel like anyone who thinks Chandler is funny at all has to be a massive arse hole.
Tbh none of them was a well rounded individual. I'd take Chandler's insecurity and sarcasm instead of Ross's self righteousness

Ibi Dreams

When I was younger I thought Chandler was the funniest one, but now I can see that Ross was by far the greatest of all the Friends. It's not even close either, he really was the best one. In the later seasons he really just had the best storylines and he seemed to be getting more and more unhinged, in a good way

InfiniteBoredom

When I was younger I thought Chandler was the funniest one, but now I can see that Ross was by far the greatest of all the Friends. It's not even close either, he really was the best one. In the later seasons he really just had the best storylines and he seemed to be getting more and more unhinged, in a good way
The later season are pretty shit, everyone become a caricature of what they were initially. From 1-5 Chandler was the funniest one, no contest. His story and character development ended when they paired him with Monica to prolong the show.

Schwimmer is very good with his body expression though, 'The One With Ross's Tan' was definitely up there with the earlier stuffs.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I like how Ross acts under pressure. My favourite episode is the one where his girlfriend wants to know where their relationship is heading and he freaks out over the conversation.

InfiniteBoredom

I like how Ross acts under pressure. My favourite episode is the one where his girlfriend wants to know where their relationship is heading and he freaks out over the conversation.
Yeah that was epic :lol:, also the one with the same girl (Mona) in his apartment and Rachel's father butt in, and Joey called him to ask about the hooker in Mon&Chan's apartment.

arthurka

Did I miss something but its the worst series I have ever seen.. My girlfriend loves it and has made me watch this dross because it was the greatest thing since soft cheese, it just awful. Cast, dialog everything about it is just terrible..

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Just rewatching friends.

Have a fan theory...

Friends is set in alternate universe where the USSR never fell (they refer to Minsk as being in Russia) and because of that the USSR never left Afghanistan which meant 9/11 never happened (they never mention it).

Just sharing