Further signings dependent on sales?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
In euros.
James: 20 mil
Jones. 2 mil
Williams. 7 mil.
McTominay. 20-25 mil (no need for him if we buy new mc)
Henderson. 35-40 mil (no need to have no2 with that value)
Tuanzebe. 20 mil ( best time to sell)
Lingard. 15 mil
Pereira. 8 mil

It is 100 mil for new midfielder and Trippier.
If you're playing football manager, maybe.

You're not getting £20 million for either James or Tuanzebe and you're not getting £35 million for Henderson.

You're unlikely to get £8 million for Pereira, and you're unlikely to get £2 million for Jones.

I'm not sure why you'd want to sell Williams for £7 million, and I'm not sure why you'd want to sell McTominay at all, especially given Matic's age and the likely departure of Pogba (who you've bizarrely left off).

Lingard is probably the only one there with a chance of happening.

SirAnderson

Who’s going to leave

>60%: Bailly, Pereira and Pogba
40-50%: Martial, Telles and James

Loan: Williams

If Bailly leaves: We have to keep Tuanzebe.
If Pogba leaves: Ole probably will keep Lingard.

Who’s leaving in 2022: Matic, Mata, DDG and Jones

How you get to those percentages?
Don't mind me, feel like this is all I see when I read this thread. :lol:

roseguy64

I think the only reason we have splashed out on Sancho/Varane is because they are fully expecting an injection of cash for Pogba.. with our track record last few years, id be surprised with another signing.. I would love a CDM though.. Then get a big replacement for Cavani next summer
That makes zero sense considering we've been after those two plus been trying to keep Pogba

bosskeano

very interesting and cryptic comments by Ole.....
Solskjær: "I'm hopeful that there might be a little more business done by us before the summer window closes, while I'm also mindful that a lot of our squad members underwent great development on loan last term." #mulive [mu]
he's not talking about Diallo but i suspect this is specifically about Pellestri and possibly keeping him around next season and not loaning him out

which means there will or must be a couple senior players who are going to be moved on especially if he thinks they intend on bringing in someone else

SirAnderson

very interesting and cryptic comments by Ole.....

he's not talking about Diallo but i suspect this is specifically about Pellestri and possibly keeping him around next season and not loaning him out

which means there will or must be a couple senior players who are going to be moved on especially if he thinks they intend on bringing in someone else
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but imo that's the burst bubble the Cafe will experience when we see that Lingard is still very much in Ole's plans for this season.

bosskeano

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but imo that's the burst bubble the Cafe will experience when we see that Lingard is still very much in Ole's plans for this season.
Not bursting my bubble as i think Jesse is definitely staying this season. Ole saw what he did playing the #10 role for West Ham and on the back end of last season he mentioned the lack of options specifically for Bruno so i think he stays.

now this would make for an interesting move/twist

SirAnderson

Not bursting my bubble as i think Jesse is definitely staying this season. Ole saw what he did playing the #10 role for West Ham and on the back end of last season he mentioned the lack of options specifically for Bruno so i think he stays.

now this would make for an interesting move/twist
Good man, you have saved yourself a lot of pain for the upcoming season. I also personally am fine seeing him come back to the fold in a squad type role, only problem is we can see that having a decent run of games, he showed what he could bring to the table with West Ham, so that's a worry as he won't have a streak of 5 games starting or something like that. Will have to wait and see what Ole has in store.

On that one, yeah I don't mind Matic leaving, if we bring someone in.

bosskeano

Good man, you have saved yourself a lot of pain for the upcoming season. I also personally am fine seeing him come back to the fold in a squad type role, only problem is we can see that having a decent run of games, he showed what he could bring to the table with West Ham, so that's a worry as he won't have a streak of 5 games starting or something like that. Will have to wait and see what Ole has in store.

On that one, yeah I don't mind Matic leaving, if we bring someone in.
i think the only way Ole sells him would be if west ham come in the with a £30m bid otherwise he's going to stay

crossy1686

career ending
I suspect Jesse isn't leaving because he doesn't want to, and with Solskajer changing the formation he'll get more game time. He'll probably leave on a free instead if he hasn't played much by January

Gurtej

£35-£40m for Pogba, £15-20m for Lingard, £5-£10m for Andreas would be my guesstimates... Should come in around £60m
mate We just paid 41m for a defender with one year left on the contract……At min we should be getting 55-60m for Pogba (55m plus add ons) for below reasons:

1) He is an attacking midfielder that usually demands higher price than defender
2) His global appeal is way more than Varane
3) Whatever we say, he is a great player just not suited to our football and club… he has similar if not more influence on big games than Varane for france..

Jesse 20-25m

Perriea: 5m

James: 15-20m

Jones: Free

Bailey: 15m

Matic: 5m

there you go: around 120m…. Enough for a great midfielder and Tripper with a better balanced squad….We have Amad and Mejbri coming in so good squad options…

I will be ever more ruthless and sell… Martial;35m or better as a cash plus Martial wherever possible…Williams: 10m…

Polar

How you get to those percentages?
Don't mind me, feel like this is all I see when I read this thread. :lol:
You are absolutely correct. It’s my gut feeling assessment. I think it’s quite normal on this kind of forum:eek: Surprised if you expected something else? Pick up the phone and call Ole if you want facts….or welcome to the real world:lol:

Blood Mage

If you're playing football manager, maybe.

You're not getting £20 million for either James or Tuanzebe and you're not getting £35 million for Henderson.

You're unlikely to get £8 million for Pereira, and you're unlikely to get £2 million for Jones.

I'm not sure why you'd want to sell Williams for £7 million, and I'm not sure why you'd want to sell McTominay at all, especially given Matic's age and the likely departure of Pogba (who you've bizarrely left off).

Lingard is probably the only one there with a chance of happening.
To be fair though, if they were Chelsea or Liverpool players they probably would be sold for those fees. Why are they so much better at shifting their deadwood? It's an area we need to improve on.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
To be fair though, if they were Chelsea or Liverpool players they probably would be sold for those fees. Why are they so much better at shifting their deadwood? It's an area we need to improve on.
I can only assume that we have been paying higher wages which makes it more difficult for us to shift players.

JB7

In euros.
James: 20 mil
Jones. 2 mil
Williams. 7 mil.
McTominay. 20-25 mil (no need for him if we buy new mc)
Henderson. 35-40 mil (no need to have no2 with that value)
Tuanzebe. 20 mil ( best time to sell)
Lingard. 15 mil
Pereira. 8 mil

It is 100 mil for new midfielder and Trippier.
Henderson isn't number 2 and if he is then signing Varane was a complete waste of time because we will still be shite at defending set pieces and crosses.

Selling McTominay is mental, same goes for Williams and Tuanzebe who both need a loan away and you aren't getting money for Jones.

GMoore23

Pogba's commercial value is much higher than Varane's so he should be going for no less than £50 million even with only a year left.
Lingard, I think we'll get 17/18m. Eriksen went for that and he only had 6 months remaining.
Hopefully we can also ship Dalot and Pereira for a combined 15/20m
we should then have enough for Trippier and a world class CDM.

bosskeano

the good thing with all this transfer movement and the work done by Ole and staff, everything has gone quiet with the protests and such

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Because we will keep a player until we are 1000% sure that he is not good enough. By that time, his price hits rock bottom (and other clubs realise that those players are not that good) and then we give them basically for free. Tomori, Brewster, Wilson, Ibe and Pasalic are only few players from those teams who they sold for excellent price despite the fact that they had potential to stay. Chelsea and Pool just take a money and accept a risk will that player become top star or average player.
They are just ruthless in that. We are not. In Man Utd world, 23y old players are still young and learning.

lex talionis

For me the sales that need to happen for sure are Lingard, Jones and Dalot. But what's more important is the addition of a RB to press AWB to raise his game and give Ole a tactical option when we go three at the back, which means Trippier. I'd also like to see us bring in Camavinga, who looks a fantastic talent.

We do know, if we're going to be honest, that Ole will go with McFred against opponents he fears. It's against opponents we plan to crush that Ole will go with a single CDM and on some days that can be Matic and on other days that can be McTominay or Fred and on other days we bed in Camavinga to bring him up to prem speed in 1-2 seasons.

McTerminator

You don't think it's at all unrealistic or overdramatic to be suggesting that we get rid of 11 senior players in one window, including three of our six centre backs, two of our three right backs, and four of our six senior midfielders?

Okay then.
Did he say we would shift them all or did he list who should be allowed to leave given the opportunity and reasonable estimates of how much for?

I did not read it as we should shift them all this season, just that we should try and shift them. Perhaps I misread.

bosskeano

You don't think it's at all unrealistic or overdramatic to be suggesting that we get rid of 11 senior players in one window, including three of our six centre backs, two of our three right backs, and four of our six senior midfielders?

Okay then.
Did he say we would shift them all or did he list who should be allowed to leave given the opportunity and reasonable estimates of how much for?

I did not read it as we should shift them all this season, just that we should try and shift them. Perhaps I misread.

correct....no one was saying that we were going to or needed to shift out 11 senior players in one window as we all know that is very unrealistic and a detriment to the squad in general

what most are saying is that we have some deadwood in the first team or a player in the last year of his contract that we need to move in order to bring in players that Ole wants not guys he's inherited that have proven they aren't good enough

you have to at some point move the older players to give the young guys a chance.....you have to move the older players or players with some value in order to bring in better quality players

we can't afford to become a stagnant club and continuing to give fuking big contracts to ageing, overrated players who just steal money(jones, rojo, romero, mata, matic)

pav1790

First 11, I meant. Apologies. A bit of a hot take after a couple of pints.

But I meant that while having Pogba is nice, and he's superbly talented player but he doesn't do the job at midfield united wants and thus he's not in United's best 11 of 2020 - at least not in midfield. Rice, as much overrated as he is, is still an upgrade on our current DMs. And thus might merit a place in best 11 if signed. My long winded way of saying that Pogba leaving is not ideal but it's not devastating.

ghagua

I would want to see gone:

1) Pogba ( don't want him or his agent anywhere near the club)

2) Martial ( he is what he is, hot and cold when his mood suits him. He is not the striker to lead the club to the title and not worth keeping a sulking player as back up) Get Benjamin Sesko from RB Salzburg (seems the similar type of player to Haaland. Tall, skillful and knows how to finish)

3) Bailly ( won't ever be the first choice and won't be happy with being a squad player)

4) Lingard (seems to have regained his confidence a bit, but now would be the best time to sell and get a decent fee for him)

5) Matic (Just not good enough)

6) Mata (Just not good enough)

7) Tuanzebe (24 years already and looks nowhere near ready)

8) Andreas Pereira (not shown anything. Cracking goal against Brentford though)

9) Dalot (not going to get a real chance so might as well be flogged off)

10) James (give him another 10 years and he still won't be good enough)

11) Henderson ( won't be good enough for starting position and I would take De Gea over him any day)

12) Jones (does he still exist at the club?)

13) Chong (looked so promising but is a God awful player)

Stay of execution:

1) Unless we can get someone who is good, then he stays by default. At least he can stay on the pitch

To come in:

1) Benjamin Sesko (Player in the mold of Haaland. Tall, skillful, and can score. I hear about unproven players all the time, but the same was said about Mbappe, Haaland, VVD and Dias, but look at them now.

2) A right-back who knows how to attack.

3) Elanga (experienced, but has already shown the hunger and attacking skills to become s squad player now and get some experience

4) Will Fish (only 18, but has shown a steadiness that I have not seen from Tuanzebe or Mengi. Won't really get a chance, but he will be good)

5) Pellestri (can be a game-changer. If James can get games, so can Pellestri)

6) Diallo ( Need to see more of him to make a judgment)

7) Garner (better than the trash we will hopefully let go)

8) Mejbri (looks very promising indeed)

9) 2 midfielders (One defensive, one attacking)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
As always, we struggle to sell players. I hope we manage to offload a few of them in the next weeks

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

correct....no one was saying that we were going to or needed to shift out 11 senior players in one window as we all know that is very unrealistic and a detriment to the squad in general

what most are saying is that we have some deadwood in the first team or a player in the last year of his contract that we need to move in order to bring in players that Ole wants not guys he's inherited that have proven they aren't good enough

you have to at some point move the older players to give the young guys a chance.....you have to move the older players or players with some value in order to bring in better quality players

we can't afford to become a stagnant club and continuing to give fuking big contracts to ageing, overrated players who just steal money(jones, rojo, romero, mata, matic)
We're in a thread about how further signings THIS transfer window will need to be funded by player sales THIS transfer window.

How did either of you read it as anything else other than getting rid of them all now, when he also quite literally explained about how he thinks NOW is the best time to shift these players out?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
In my opinion this should be our team

GK: DDG, Heaton, Henderson

DR: AWB, Trippier/Milenkovic, Laird
DL: Shaw, Telles
DC: Maguire, Varane, Lindelof, Bailly

DM: Fred, McT
MC: Camavigna/Neves, VDB
AMC: Bruno Fernandes, Mejbri

AMR: Sancho, Diallo, Elanga
AML: Rashford, Martial

STK: Cavani, Greenwood

Maybe we can persuade Chiellini to join on a free thus adding experience at the back and provide some quality cover once Bailly gets injured.

Nori-

Haaland next season. Very realistic if we can win something this year and convince him we can compete.

Other benefits:
+ Work under Ole again
+ Link up with his star partner Sancho
+ We can afford top wages + fee

If he doesn't move elsewhere this summer I can genuinely see him joining us next year

Bestietom

We will be lucky to sell 2 or 3 players this window. Clubs are hoping to get back on their feet with return of fans after nearly 16 months without them. Loans is probably best way or maybe some in swap deals.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
mate We just paid 41m for a defender with one year left on the contract……At min we should be getting 55-60m for Pogba (55m plus add ons) for below reasons:

1) He is an attacking midfielder that usually demands higher price than defender
2) His global appeal is way more than Varane
3) Whatever we say, he is a great player just not suited to our football and club… he has similar if not more influence on big games than Varane for france..

Jesse 20-25m

Perriea: 5m

James: 15-20m

Jones: Free

Bailey: 15m

Matic: 5m

there you go: around 120m…. Enough for a great midfielder and Tripper with a better balanced squad….We have Amad and Mejbri coming in so good squad options…

I will be ever more ruthless and sell… Martial;35m or better as a cash plus Martial wherever possible…Williams: 10m…
Firstly premier league clubs always have to pay a premium so I would suspect any Pogba deal would not be much greater than the Varane deal maybe at a maximum 40-50 million if he goes abroad, but realistically it basically seems to be PSG or bust. And they may decide to wait a year and get him for free and Pogba is in a win-win situation, he knows if he leaves for free his wages will be massive and he knows we will have to break the bank in wages to keep him. So there is no guarantee we are getting a penny from him.

As for the rest of your list, Bailey is going nowhere he just signed a new deal, Jones we would have to pay off his contract to get him to leave (around 6 million), Matic, if he does go, will probably be a similar nominal fee to what we got for Young and be more of a salary dump then anything else. Martial as well is going absolutely nowhere either due to his wages. We might get somewhere around those fees for Lingard, James and Perriea, but there is no guarantee at all that people will come in for them.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I just don't see where Lingard gets a game.
In the wide attacking areas we already have; Rashford, Martial, James, Diallo & Greenwood, its suggested that Pellistri may not go out on loan again, and of course Sancho is now onboard too.
Will Greenwood and Diallo get less game time because of Lingard?
In the #10 position obviously Bruno is an untouchable, but there's Donny desperate for game time, and a new contract has just been given to Mata, not to mention that Sancho or Pogba can also play that role. What about Hanibal?
If Lingard is going to be back up to Bruno, then what was the point of giving a new contract to Mata, and what's the point of keeping Donny, is he ever going to get a game..?

This squad is so ridiculously bloated we have got to cut loose players such as Lingard.

McTerminator

We're in a thread about how further signings THIS transfer window will need to be funded by player sales THIS transfer window.

How did either of you read it as anything else other than getting rid of them all now, when he also quite literally explained about how he thinks NOW is the best time to shift these players out?
There are nuances within the English language that are clearly lost on you. That’s how.

Now is the best time to shift these players, true statement.

odds are we will shift three or four of them this window. Anybody who believes we will get rid of 11 players in one window needs to think more.

be different if he said “we must sell all of these players this window.”

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
There are nuances within the English language that are clearly lost on you. That’s how.

Now is the best time to shift these players, true statement.

odds are we will shift three or four of them this window. Anybody who believes we will get rid of 11 players in one window needs to think more.

be different if he said “we must sell all of these players this window.”
The fact is, the post explicitly referred to the here and now for almost every player listed, in a thread about the here and now.

Sounds like we agree that it's bonkers that anyone wanting us to ship 11 players in one go needs to have a think, so I find it surprising that you're standing by a post that lists 11 players and explains why we need to get rid of all of them now.

Last edited:

bosskeano

I started the thread and in no way did i ever say we should ship out all 11 players or how many ever that were listed. If that was your impression than you clearly misunderstood what was being stated.

It was simply a list of senior players that could be made available to move on if that was a necessary evil in order to bring in players that fit Ole and what Ole wants to do with the squad.

For example....Pogba is the highest profile player we have who could be made available and would bring in the most money. The area of the pitch everyone wants to improve is the CM which Pogba can't do given the playing style or personnel we have rigth now. WIth him on his last year, sell him and make 50m quid. Make an audacious attempt to bring in DeJong from Barca as we know they are strapped and have to move a big name player in order to have the ability to register Messi and his new contract extension. It may work or it may not work as we can always move to a 1b option like Camavinga or look at a guy like Neves that suit that holding mid role better than Pogba does.

Commentary

General consensus among fans appears to be sell....

Jesse Lingard and Daniel James, so let's see what United do.

Rumour has it Ole wanted to sell James last summer to raise the funds for Sancho but Woodward blocked it....so if he doesn't get sold....

Matthew84!

Well I'm not sure how true it is but apparently a premier league club and Fenerbahce want Pereira and we've asked for €25m, not sure what that is is pounds, I'd let him go for 10m

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I started the thread and in no way did i ever say we should ship out all 11 players or how many ever that were listed. If that was your impression than you clearly misunderstood what was being stated.

It was simply a list of senior players that could be made available to move on if that was a necessary evil in order to bring in players that fit Ole and what Ole wants to do with the squad.

For example....Pogba is the highest profile player we have who could be made available and would bring in the most money. The area of the pitch everyone wants to improve is the CM which Pogba can't do given the playing style or personnel we have rigth now. WIth him on his last year, sell him and make 50m quid. Make an audacious attempt to bring in DeJong from Barca as we know they are strapped and have to move a big name player in order to have the ability to register Messi and his new contract extension. It may work or it may not work as we can always move to a 1b option like Camavinga or look at a guy like Neves that suit that holding mid role better than Pogba does.
I don't think I ever made out you'd said that, at least not when I responded to the OP.

I went through the players you'd listed with my assessment of how and why they might leave, and even raised the possibility that one of De Gea or Henderson could leave.

The only two in your list I had any real issue with were Lindelof and Telles as they're important squad players.

After that, I said we'd need to keep one of Williams/Dalot until a right back came in, and one of Bailly/Tuanzebe otherwise we'd be light on centre back cover, but I agreed that all could possibly be up for sale/loan, with the obvious caveat that one leaving would mean the other is not.

Your OP basically listed potential departures. The post I've been discussing with McTerminator literally explained why we should get rid of all of the players ASAP. They were very different posts.

I didn't misunderstand anything about your OP, but it seems you've misunderstood what I've been discussing.

For the record, I agree that we should cash in on Pogba if we can, and I also agree that we'd be wise to reinvest that money in a new midfielder.

bosskeano

I don't think I ever made out you'd said that, at least not when I responded to the OP.

I went through the players you'd listed with my assessment of how and why they might leave, and even raised the possibility that one of De Gea or Henderson could leave.

The only two in your list I had any real issue with were Lindelof and Telles as they're important squad players.

After that, I said we'd need to keep one of Williams/Dalot until a right back came in, and one of Bailly/Tuanzebe otherwise we'd be light on centre back cover, but I agreed that all could possibly be up for sale/loan, with the obvious caveat that one leaving would mean the other is not.

Your OP basically listed potential departures. The post I've been discussing with McTerminator literally explained why we should get rid of all of the players ASAP. They were very different posts.

I didn't misunderstand anything about your OP, but it seems you've misunderstood what I've been discussing.

For the record, I agree that we should cash in on Pogba if we can, and I also agree that we'd be wise to reinvest that money in a new midfielder.
i didnt realize that was specific to McTerminator but i definitely agree that we should cash in on Pogba

McTerminator

The fact is, the post explicitly referred to the here and now for almost every player listed, in a thread about the here and now.

Sounds like we agree that it's bonkers that anyone wanting us to ship 11 players in one go needs to have a think, so I find it surprising that you're standing by a post that lists 11 players and explains why we need to get rid of all of them now.
We do seem to agree on that yes.

However, placing items for sale and selling the items are different. That is my point and why I stand by the post.