G&G balloon fund for Wembley

M13

Reserve Team Player
This is a campaign running on RI that I've agreed to post on here. The original poster is in the newbies at the minute. It's going well so far on RI, and we plan to have as many balloons as possible at the final. It'd be very good visually and would be guaranteed to gain media coverage. If we could chip together (there's enough people on here) to get 10,000 on behalf of RedCafe, along with the 10,000 on RI, that'd be staggering.

If anyone's willing to chip in I'll buy as many G&G balloons we can afford. And hand them out outside Wembley.

Balloons and Party Supplies, From Balloons.co.uk

This site sells them for

4.4p if you buy 2500. (£110) 50 of us would cost us £2.20 each
3.5p if you buy 10000 (£356) 50 of us would cost us £7 each

If you want to pitch in, my (the original fundraiser's) Paypal account email is info@bantermedia.com. Mark any payments as a gift.
Anyone who contributes can meet me outside the stadium on the day or somewhere in Manchester before to get hold of their share. I could also do with a hand passing them out at Wembley.

If you can, just donate whatever you can, and if we don't make the 10,000 target, we can just add it into the RI fund to get as many as possible. Keep all G&G discussion to the relevant thread, please, because we need to keep tabs on this one. Post in here when you've donated.

Thanks.

Edit: When anyone donates, can you please put 'RedCafe - your username' in the email/comment section.

Sir A1ex

Is there any better way for you to collect the money? I'm just aware that for those wanting to give the odd quid or two, the cut Paypal take is huge...

Sir A1ex

I'm not sure... the only other way I can think of would be to meet in person, or to mail their pound coin to us, less the price of a stamp :lol:
True. You can PM those you trust with a bank account number and sort code I suppose (never sure how much risk there actually is in this... there's not much you can actually do with the information, but it seems intuitively a little insecure!)

M13

Reserve Team Player
True. You can PM those you trust with a bank account number and sort code I suppose (never sure how much risk there actually is in this... there's not much you can actually do with the information, but it seems intuitively a little insecure!)
I trust 3 people on this site with that information, no chance :D

Boothy

I'll donate a fiver now mate, I could help distrubute if you want

Chadwick's Acne

Is there any better way for you to collect the money? I'm just aware that for those wanting to give the odd quid or two, the cut Paypal take is huge...
I'd happily put money into this but point blank refuse to give Paypal any money, an absolute shower of fecking cnuts.

Chadwick's Acne

I will donate 37p to you in return.
I don't care how minimal the Paypal cut is, when it gets to the level of money you're talking about it's not 37p when everyone's chipped in.

The feckers screwed me out of £600.00 which I've waited nearly four months for. Impossible to deal with.

Sir A1ex

The feckers screwed me out of £600.00 which I've waited nearly four months for. Impossible to deal with.
As somebody who uses them as both a merchant and a customer I can fully agree. I look forward to the day when my websites are turning over enough money that I can bin them and get a proper CC merchant account!

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
But nothing suss is going on, it's all perfectly legit...:confused:

Not that this negates the gerneal advice "Be carefull with paypal", mind.
Brad had a right ball ache with paypal when collecting money for Manx to go to Rome.

He may have to go through the pain in the arse process to prove its legitimacy; meanwhile his account will be temporarily suspended.

Boothy

Btw - has anybody worked out the logisitics of blowing up 10,000 balloons? Hope you've got a lot of puff, M13!
hand them out when theyre not blown up, then fans blow up once theyre in the stadium?

Boothy

Still no reply from the newb regarding distribution.

When are you planning on ordering them up?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah this is the idea.

They'll be handed out flat and people should blow them up before kick off.
Big question.Do most fans know how to blow balloons ?
Seriously though, I'm ready to pay at least 10-20 euros of balloons if I can get more details about the purchase and all

M13

Reserve Team Player
Still no reply from the newb regarding distribution.

When are you planning on ordering them up?
I'm sure he'll get back to you at some point, plenty time yet.
As it's not me organising it, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that as soon as we have enough for 10,000, he'll order some, or if we don't reach that amount, there'll be a cutoff point and he'll just order as many as we can afford.

Big question.Do most fans know how to blow balloons ?
Seriously though, I'm ready to pay at least 10-20 euros of balloons if I can get more details about the purchase and all
What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure that everyone above the age of 3 knows how to blow into a hole :confused:

M13

Reserve Team Player
Boothy, if you still have no response via PM, send an email to the email address in the OP.

I am really quite annoyed by the absolutely shit response to this from this site. Everyone whinges how they can't get to games, and all we've asked for is a fiver to make this G&G global on a stage that requires something big - do something, for once.

But, adverse to you lot talking about your England away shirts and Cesc Fabregas, we've reached the 10,000 mark.

There are other ideas floating around now: banners, (a really good quote has been made about) a load of beach balls, all big ideas that could do with more funding.

So if anyone still wishes to donate, then it'd be greatly appreciated, and thanks to everyone that already has done.

Church o Choccy

Hi everyone, haven't been on in a while as I've been busier than I've ever been before. This is a great idea, I've whacked a fiver into the paypal account quoted in the OP, that was the idea, right?

Boothy

Boothy, if you still have no response via PM, send an email to the email address in the OP.

I am really quite annoyed by the absolutely shit response to this from this site. Everyone whinges how they can't get to games, and all we've asked for is a fiver to make this G&G global on a stage that requires something big - do something, for once.

But, adverse to you lot talking about your England away shirts and Cesc Fabregas, we've reached the 10,000 mark.

There are other ideas floating around now: banners, (a really good quote has been made about) a load of beach balls, all big ideas that could do with more funding.

So if anyone still wishes to donate, then it'd be greatly appreciated, and thanks to everyone that already has done.
Did get a PM, didnt really tell me about distribution though :lol: hopefully i'll find somebody giving them out as I want some :lol:

Is the 10,000 mark for this forum or the whole campaign?

M13

Reserve Team Player
Did get a PM, didnt really tell me about distribution though :lol: hopefully i'll find somebody giving them out as I want some :lol:

Is the 10,000 mark for this forum or the whole campaign?
The whole thing. It only took about 2 days as well, such is the will to make things happen (thankfully, somewhere, people are trying :rolleyes:).

Boothy

The whole thing. It only took about 2 days as well, such is the will to make things happen (thankfully, somewhere, people are trying :rolleyes:).
10,000 balloons should be good, 5,000 of each colour yeah? Are you giving them out? May have to look out for ya mate

M13

Reserve Team Player
10,000 balloons should be good, 5,000 of each colour yeah? Are you giving them out? May have to look out for ya mate
I'll be signing up to help distribute, yeah. I'll give you a shout closer to the time and get your number or somethin. Yeah it's 5000 of each colour.

The total (in all) that we have now is £270. If anyone can donate anything that they can, even your odd shilling, it'll be very much appreciated.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hey M13, I was joking in my previous post however I really do intent to take part of purchasing balloons.I would need more details regarding the payments and all