G&G balloon fund for Wembley

Number7

Ret's Slave
i find paypal totally shit but if someone reliable provides me with their account number and sort codei'll stick a fiver in online now...

Number7

Ret's Slave
Quick idea, I have about £100 in the Phoenix fund, I'm willing to spend half on these balloons if it's seen as helpful?

M13

Reserve Team Player
I'm not sure about this whole 'account number and sort code' thing, so if someone can sensibly (and I mean it) reassure me, then that's fair enough and I might give it a go.

Alternatively, if anyone is going to a game and wants to find me to donate in person then give me a PM as well.

Thanks lads.

M13

Reserve Team Player
Quick idea, I have about £100 in the Phoenix fund, I'm willing to spend half on these balloons if it's seen as helpful?
If you're willing to donate that much, I'd suggest you hold onto it until I can get back to you. There are other ideas (banners) floating around, so if anything is confirmed, then it'd be nicer to see that much money utilised more permanently? It's completely up to you.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Well the moneys just sat there at the moment to be honest, and I doubt I'll ever take it out so I don't mind it being used by MUST for whatever reasons they choose.

manxmanc

Good lads those who are donating.

I'll have to give it a few days and see what I can do. I'm a bit skint at the moment paying off uni debt and have already pledged to donate money to a couple of banners we're having knocked up on RR.

M13, do you have any issues with me posting this over there? Most are members here, but probably haven't seen this..

Number7

Ret's Slave
£15 sent...I want one of those 428 balloons to score a goal please. It's all I ask...

Chadwick's Acne

Boothy, if you still have no response via PM, send an email to the email address in the OP.

I am really quite annoyed by the absolutely shit response to this from this site. Everyone whinges how they can't get to games, and all we've asked for is a fiver to make this G&G global on a stage that requires something big - do something, for once.

But, adverse to you lot talking about your England away shirts and Cesc Fabregas, we've reached the 10,000 mark.

There are other ideas floating around now: banners, (a really good quote has been made about) a load of beach balls, all big ideas that could do with more funding.

So if anyone still wishes to donate, then it'd be greatly appreciated, and thanks to everyone that already has done.
No disrespect, but a random person on a random forum asking its users for donations to get enough money to purchase 10000 will always nearly get a negative response even though you're only after 350 quids.

manxmanc

No disrespect, but a random person on a random forum asking its users for donations to get to £10,000 will always nearly get a negative response.
:wenger:

10,000 ballons you nutjob!

Around £350 its not a lot given the amount of poster on here who go 'I wish I could help but can't get to games etc'

Boothy

I'll be signing up to help distribute, yeah. I'll give you a shout closer to the time and get your number or somethin. Yeah it's 5000 of each colour.

The total (in all) that we have now is £270. If anyone can donate anything that they can, even your odd shilling, it'll be very much appreciated.
Cheers mate

:wenger:

10,000 ballons you nutjob!

Around £350 its not a lot given the amount of poster on here who go 'I wish I could help but can't get to games etc'
Exactly what I was thinking :lol:

All he's asking for is a small amount of money, and it's going to a good cause, green and gold balloons at Wembley should look brilliant :D

M13

Reserve Team Player
Thanks lads. It's really taking off now. Hopefully soon we'll have enough for 20,000! Imagine 2/3 people in our end letting go of a balloon. I fail to see how it won't look spectacular.

No thanks to Erics Collar, who simply can't read, and doesn't have some faith in a fellow red. I know people on this board and it simply wouldn't be worth their friendship to run away with £300, seriously.

Everyone who has faith will be rewarded, I'm entirely sure.

Chadwick's Acne

Thanks lads. It's really taking off now. Hopefully soon we'll have enough for 20,000! Imagine 2/3 people in our end letting go of a balloon. I fail to see how it won't look spectacular.

No thanks to Erics Collar, who simply can't read, and doesn't have some faith in a fellow red. I know people on this board and it simply wouldn't be worth their friendship to run away with £300, seriously.

I read it wrong, off to hang myself now.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football

If you let go of the balloons they'll just float down to the floor won't they.

Boothy

Aye, if anybodys doubting M13, I've met him, seems a nice lad.

Even if he did get starstruck by me ;) :D

Member 39557

Are you kidding?! They're going to be filled with breath, and will have to be punched about to keep them in the air. They aren't going to float away. We're also inside Wembley, it's not exactly a protected wildlife habitat.
Look, I don't want to derail the thread. Just thought I'd mention my reason for not getting involved in this or any sort of balloon release, there are potentially thousands of others that will so I doubt my few quid will be much of a loss!

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Stuck a fiver in this morning. Not much but I'm skint as it is. All the best to those doing this.

VP

I'm not donating because I don't think 10k balloons is going to help the cause at all.

Don't mind donating for a banner, but balloons no.