G&G balloon fund for Wembley

M13

Reserve Team Player
The idea is to have a sea of green and gold on a world stage. It's the perfect opportunity to take Green and Gold worldwide, at the national stadium, in front of Scudamore et al, in front of TV cameras, all of the sport media. It's one of numerous ideas, and is the one 'large scale' idea to kick things off on the day.

If you disapprove, you disapprove, but if on the Monday after, the papers are full of green and gold from the match, then I'll be expecting you to acknowledge that.

If not, we have absolutely nothing to lose.

M13

Reserve Team Player
Thanks to everyone that donated. We (Redcafe and Red Issue) reached a total of £410 :eek:, which should be enough for 20,000 balloons for the Wembley game. Any money that is remaining will be put towards banners and other ideas so nobody's money will go to waste.

Again, thanks very much, and here's to it being a huge success!

M13

Reserve Team Player
This is a repost from Greenandgold in the newbies/RI to update you all.

Hey everyone,

Firstly, thank you all so much for everyone who contributed to the balloon fund.

It's still growing and anyone who still wants to throw a few pennies at it is more than welcome. The company we're ordering from has next day delivery so we can get more and more right up to the 28th. Otherwise, anything left over I'll put towards balloons for Milan (h) etc.

The total as of today is.... drum roll....

£450

which = 18,000 balloons! :eek::eek::eek:

The lovelly balloon lady accepts paypal so this will go straight from my account to hers without us losing a penny of it!!

Here's the important bit!

I need as much help as possible getting these out to the right people.

Email emma@joinmust.org if you are available to help with distribution and we can organise it from there.

M13

Reserve Team Player
Right I said I'd keep people posted so this is what I intend on doing.

The organiser has ordered and received the balloons so it's good to go.

15,000 will be going to Wembley, and a few hundred will be handed out at each game at OT until they run out.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
When are they planned to be released?

Before kick off or during?

And how would you plan something like that?

M13

Reserve Team Player
When are they planned to be released?

Before kick off or during?

And how would you plan something like that?
AFAIK, they're going to be released when the teams come out. But if there's any change to that, it'll be posted here. People will just be told when they get given the balloons, I'd imagine.

Boothy

M13 have you had an email back from MUST yet regarding the distribution?

ralphie88

It has to be stressed that this will only work if we - the fans - all play our part. That means taking some balloons in with us, handing them out to the people around us, and blowing them up once in the ground.

Also, anyone driving down from Manchester - if you can take a box of balloons from the MUST office down with you, that would be extremely helpful.

Logan!

AFAIK, they're going to be released when the teams come out. But if there's any change to that, it'll be posted here. People will just be told when they get given the balloons, I'd imagine.
It has to be stressed that this will only work if we - the fans - all play our part. That means taking some balloons in with us, handing them out to the people around us, and blowing them up once in the ground.
Pardon my ignorance, I'm not an expert balloon blower upperer by any means, but if they're inflated with air from a person's lungs, when 'released' they'll just fall to the floor will they not?

Boothy

Pardon my ignorance, I'm not an expert balloon blower upperer by any means, but if they're inflated with air from a person's lungs, when 'released' they'll just fall to the floor will they not?
They'll be hit around the stand I hpe

ralphie88

If you let them fall to the floor, yes they will. :)

kps88

Tbh I would like to see some of them get on the pitch. Guaranteed way of getting some air time and a mention from the commentary team.

Boothy

I got an email off Emma telling me another guy was sorting it out and would let me know as soon as there was more information, hopefully find out before tomorrow night so I can pick some balloons up pre-match

mufcwarm92

This is a great idea, I can just picture the thousands of balloons flying around the United end. I'm just hoping all this anti-Glazer stuff improves the atmosphere, as I've been to the other games at the new Wembley and we seem to always get outsung by the opposition fans.

Widnes

This is a great idea, I can just picture the thousands of balloons flying around the United end. I'm just hoping all this anti-Glazer stuff improves the atmosphere, as I've been to the other games at the new Wembley and we seem to always get outsung by the opposition fans.
I've only been the one final at the wembley when Chelsea beat us in FA Cup final but we certainly outsung them that day, In fact I didn't hear the Chelsea fans untill Drogba score in about the 110th minute.

Mister Jeebus

Finally got a paypal account opened and have thrown in a fiver. I'm not going to the match so will someone who is draw a likeness of me on each of my balloons using a marker so that I can see which ones are mine? I can pm a recent portrait to help. Failing that, I can pen a couple of hundred words to personalise each balloon if you're no good at drawing.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
looking forward to seeing this go down. with any luck it will be very striking and full of awesomeness.

Crumpsall Red

Sadly some JCL'S at work today have been given two tickets through a work contact in Manchester. I think they've only ever been to OT once before. I've instructed them that if at anytime someone hands them some balloons, don't look at them like they're from outer space just blow the feckers up and release when you're instructed to.

I think they got it!?

Boothy

Sadly some JCL'S at work today have been given two tickets through a work contact in Manchester. I think they've only ever been to OT once before. I've instructed them that if at anytime someone hands them some balloons, don't look at them like they're from outer space just blow the feckers up and release when you're instructed to.

I think they got it!?
Urm... :nervous:

;)

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I think the whole balloon campaign turned out a bit flat

BRobson

I think it did well, the BBC commentator mentioned it a few times. Well done to those involved.