Gabriel Obertan | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Personally I'd rather see Nani given the chances. Both can be equally frustrating I know but I do think at this moment in time Nani is the better player, all be it with low self esteem at the moment.

davisjw

Patience is needed but sadly Fergie has built a team around players that we need to be patience with.

surf

This simply is not true. Ronaldo on his debut v Bolton was incredible and got the whole football world talking and only played for 30 mins.
Agree. The cafe has a lot of revisionism which suggests that Ronaldo wasn't very good for us as an 18 year old. He was the fans' player of the season in his first season and the best player on the pitch in the cup final.

Back to Obertan, I have yet to see the potential that most of you do. I'd prefer to see Welbeck getting games.

Godfather

Ah so everyone has finally realised he isn't actually all that good. Over hyped by pretty much everyone on here.

Don't get me wrong, he sure has the talent but he's in a similiar position to all of our youngsters. He doesn't have that special spark. He could easily go down the same road as Nani.
Yes, please :drool:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I remember that some criticized me (Top) for my lack of enthusiasm regarding his signing.What could I do ? I was surprised by it and I knew a long time was needed before we'd see him be a regular player.

twitter thread suggester
I remember that some criticized me (Top) for my lack of enthusiasm regarding his signing.
I just questioned why you kept downplaying him after we had bought him, and said I hoped he'd prove you wrong.

I would be the last person to criticise someone for having an opinion on a new player when it's based on what you've seen yourself, considering how I didn't rate Valencia based on how he played for Wigan.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
He needs to bulken up, the Gym should help and the weights would work. Still needs to be more threatening in attack, needs to improve his shooting as we haven't seen him shoot that much yet, he also is tall and should get more headers and also needs to use his trickery to his advantage like the Wolfburg game. I'm convinced that he still is one of our potential stars, we just need to put faith in him like Ronaldo.

Scholesgoals

He needs to bulken up, the Gym should help and the weights would work. Still needs to be more threating in attack, needs to improve his shooting as we haven't seen him shoot that much yet, he also is tall and should get more headers and also needs to use his trickery to his advantage like the Wolfburg game. I'm convinced that he still is one of our potential stars, we just need to put faith in him like Ronaldo.
fixed

smallred

anybody else see him last week driving before the city match outside the united chippy across from the blaize/trafford bars?

was amazed to look up and there he was, driving a shitty french jeep that was years old. he seemed happy though he looked like he was lost as he drove off into town rather than heading to the stadium.

on topic, im worried now for him that he wont make it, just like the millers, djemba djumbos and bellions, but i hope i am wrong, he seems a likeable chap.

Partizan

Cheesy
We survived being bankrupt,we survived German bomb
on topic, im worried now for him that he wont make it, just like the millers, djemba djumbos and bellions, but i hope i am wrong, he seems a likeable chap.
For what he cost us I guess we can afford to take the risk. he's a typical young player, good in patches then his form drops off. We need to give him a chance to make the grade and stop all the knee-jerk stuff, "Oh he is going to be World class" "Oh he's never going to be good enough"

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I just questioned why you kept downplaying him after we had bought him, and said I hoped he'd prove you wrong.

I would be the last person to criticise someone for having an opinion on a new player when it's based on what you've seen yourself, considering how I didn't rate Valencia based on how he played for Wigan.
All in good spirit Top, I was really surprised by this signing and as a player he never kept my attention (as much other promising players did in France) before his signing.In the few games he's played for the senior team, I saw things that I liked and others that will take time to work on.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His biggest problem was that he can't kick a football, but apart from that very promising I thought.

If he can develop his crossing, shooting technique.. he has a chance of making it.

Devilton

I like what i've seen so far. He's got a lot of work ahead of him, but there is enough raw talent for me to believe he has a fighting chance to make it here. The next 2 years will be critical. I think how he does in the next preseason and cup games will determine how much of a chance he has of taking the full step up.

Scholesgoals

This thread represents everything wrong with this forum.
i'd say the anderson and nani threads are worse.

Honestly, if some of these muppets had their way we would have sold ronaldo after the first game for a box of fags.

it wears me out sometimes, but then i think feck em

Longlivekeano

Has more potential than Bellion. Worth the risk considering his small transfer fee of 3 million and his relatively young age.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
His biggest problem was that he can't kick a football, but apart from that very promising I thought.

If he can develop his crossing, shooting technique.. he has a chance of making it.
So he probably should have chosen another sport eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.