Game 16: England vs Wales

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That goal by Sturidge though. I've watched it a few times now and I still can't work out how he managed it. :lol:

I hope he starts the next game.
Real composure there. Waited just a bit by feinting a shot and placed it.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
If Kane and Sterling are even in consideration for the next game then it will be a crime.

Glad we won. A big feck you to Bale.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
How can you praise Vardy for his positioning on the goal? Miles offside, just lucky it comes off a Welsh head.

And for all this talk of great substitutions Vardy was anonymous
Does it really fecking matter how he scored? He came on at half time and got the equaliser, which is a hell of a lot more than the guy he replaced did.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Real composure there. Waited just a bit by feinting a shot and placed it.
Managed to get it over a falling defender with no back-lift and curled it in the corner. Was a great take.

Soroush

YES! England really desrved to win this match.
Sturridge and Vardy should start next game.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Kane's done for the tournament, I think. He's just not fit, after a long season.

Important win for England but we really need to create more chances.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Hate Joe Hart but even I have to admit I loved seeing him run up to celebrate.

JohnnyKills

Sturridge has always been the best english striker when he's fit, should start every game before he's broken again.
Yeah I agree, he's lethal when on form. Better bet than Kane against high-class oppo.

Kane's stock is falling with every game it seems.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I thought Rooney played well too and that is coming from one of his biggest bashers on here last season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Alli was the worst of the midfield three for the second game in a row. I'd drop him for Wilshere against Slovakia.
Yup. He looks knackered

How can you praise Vardy for his positioning on the goal? Miles offside, just lucky it comes off a Welsh head.

And for all this talk of great substitutions Vardy was anonymous

Sturridge and Rashford were good, Vardy scored... that's great substitutions I would say.

Also think that Wales were far more concerned about what Vardy had to offer then Kane.

andy0

What happened to the 3-0, 4-0 you guys were talking about? :lol::lol:
That's a try at part of England's new formation, not the score

Just need to get rid of Dier for another striker and they might be getting close

4-0-1-5

mancan92

Credit to Roy, some bold subs. Would've been a travesty to draw both games after dominating both.

Sturridge has got a lot of stick but he made something happen, well done.
I don't know how much credit you can really give to Roy. He had literally no other option but to do that. At the end of the day its easy to make changes when you have strikers of the quality of Vardy,Rashford and sturidge on the bench. He got it completely wrong in the first half.

saivet

What about Danny Dri … oh, forget it!
You wouldn't want him replacing Alli anyway.

Would have Wilshere starting for Alli. Sturridge for Kane and probably Rashford for Sterling.

Vardy too for Lallana, though think Lallan would balance things a bit better.

Distracted Steward

The only way this England team is going to have a chance at winning the whole thing would be to field a more attacking front three. One striker and two playmakers isn't a dynamic enough threat. They need more interchange and striker's runs to churn up the defense. I think the impact of the subs showed that today.

I don't get why Vary was left out. After the season he had, how's he not the fort name on the team sheet? He is exactly the type of player that makes a front three a persistent and dynamic threat.

Roy needs to make the threat with strikers, not Lallana and Sterling. Keep them for subs into the midfield when you have the opposition pinned back but aren't getting anything for it.