Game 6: Poland vs Northern Ireland

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think we're seeing the pattern of the match develop now. Northern Ireland will look to sit back and hit out on the break whilst Poland will look to push up and break down this tough NI side.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Was that the supporters singing the "go on the piss with Georgie Best" song? :lol:

Edit: way too late :D

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Pretty much every Northern Irish player is sitting back at their own third for much of the match. NI need to push up and put some pressure on the Polish back line in order to get some control over the match.

Minimalist

Defending too deep like that is suicidal.
No I agree now. I thought you just meant the initial set up. They are stupidly deep and frankly, I'm wondering what the hell they've been doing in training in preparation for the match based on the opening minutes.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
McNair is really struggling in that wide right role that he has. He looks so unfamiliar over there.

EDIT: He seems to have moved into the midfield now. I wonder who'll move to the right to take his place.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I should probably know this, but...
Is there a rule that says players have to *walk* back onside from an offside position? I always wonder why they don't hurry up. :nervous:

prateik

Was thinking about Saha yesterday. Someone mentioned Wes Brown being involved during the 99 season and it reminded me of Saha who was at Newcastle on loan at that time.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is what Northern Ireland probably want in this match. Backs-to-the-wall defending, crosses from Poland, and set pieces on their end.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like McNair and McLaughlin have switched roles. McLaughlin is playing more as a right wide midfielder of sorts, whilst McNair is playing as the right wing back now.

Skills

Snitch
Northern Ireland are shit. Hope they get 4-5 smashed past them