Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Kaos

A good episode.

Don't care for the Bran arch though, he and his three eyed Raven can feck off the show. That little shit from Love Actually who tags a long with his sister annoys me too, just when you thought you were going to get a Stark reunion he blabs on about the three eyed raven and how Bran has to fulfill his tedious destiny :rolleyes:

Sw33t

A good episode.

Don't care for the Bran arch though, he and his three eyed Raven can feck off the show. That little shit from Love Actually who tags a long with his sister annoys me too, just when you thought you were going to get a Stark reunion he blabs on about the three eyed raven and how Bran has to fulfill his tedious destiny :rolleyes:
I hear that.

he annoys me beyond belief, felt well sorry for him at first, but now it's just weird with some dodgy raven thing. You know he's going to get Hodor in to some serious trouble when he takes control of him, and i love Hodor! Leave him be! Crawl north, you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm still having to delete posts that contain unspoilered speculation about future events.

Arrrrrrgh.

Duafc

Village Lemon
can anyone give me a link for episode 4 of game of thrones?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
It's far from boring, but I think that it's fair to say that it's not up to the standard of the first two, which I think most people on here are getting at. Expecting complete drama in every episode is silly, but I think the general standard has dropped a little.

I loved every second of the first season, just to clarify.
The show isn't well written enough to warrant meandering like this.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Acquiring episode 3 through legal means as we speak, oh Ygritte, I've missed you darling:drool:

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
I watched the first three seasons in pretty quick succession and really enjoyed the show. Been watching this season as the episodes release and have found it very underwhelming. I don't know, can't really pin-point what has been missing this season. Is the show moving along at a tumescent pace or is it me not used to watching only 50 minutes of the show at a time? May be binge watching it is a better idea?

Kazi

I watched the first three seasons in pretty quick succession and really enjoyed the show. Been watching this season as the episodes release and have found it very underwhelming. I don't know, can't really pin-point what has been missing this season. Is the show moving along at a tumescent pace or is it me not used to watching only 50 minutes of the show at a time? May be binge watching it is a better idea?
A lot of people said that the show peaked at Season 3 Episode 9. I've been watching it weekly since the second season started (binged on the first), and I find the current season just as good as the previous two.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Almost definitely having to wait a whole week in between episodes compared to binge watching the first 3 seasons, this season has been brilliant so far IMO, every episode very interesting and something big happening pretty much.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
If the show could afford to kill off Joffrey so soon in this season, that only means that they have more epic events lined up.
That surely depends on the bo....er....tome.

EDIT: I feel I should point out that I haven't read any of the books. Just in case someone takes this as some kind of clue.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Don't worry about R.N7. He slates GOT for being a 'soap opera' but then creams himself in the Mad Men thread when Mad Men is actually a soap opera, a very stylish one, but a soap opera nonetheless.
How anyone can think Game of Thrones is boring but Mad Men isn't is beyond me. I've watched Mad Men up until this season, and I can't for the life of me explain why. It's just incredibly dull.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
This season has been weird. It kicked off magnificently and got even better in the second episode but has dropped off massively since then. The last episode looks to be setting up something interesting though.

Moby

Dick
The funny thing is as much as I enjoyed Joffrey dying, his departure has left a gaping hole in the show as he was the main villain. Littlefinger seems to be accepting that role now but I don't think he can play that anywhere near Jack Gleason did, who was just absolutely wonderful in that negative role.

I think the show needs some good negative guys right now. Jamie used to be one, and now he's softer than an eight year old girl. Even Tywin is being portrayed as someone who thinks he is right in his own mind and justified in doing what he does, as it's to protect his family. The Bolton dad and son are cruel but hardly have any sort of presence on the show.

The best part about Joffrey was as soon as you tell him doing something was wrong, he would go on and do just that and take pride in it. Can't see Littlefinger rising to that level, I just can't take him seriously because in all his scenes he looks like all he is doing is trying to think which accent to dish out next.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Apologies, first time I have seen it. Is there any chance my post could be undeleted and spoliered instead as it's a story arc I'm interested in?
Since you ask so nicely it is a pleasure. Hopefully I picked the right post to spoiler and undelete.

Ashwin

Snake charmer in the land of RattleSnakes.
The funny thing is as much as I enjoyed Joffrey dying, his departure has left a gaping hole in the show as he was the main villain. Littlefinger seems to be accepting that role now but I don't think he can play that anywhere near Jack Gleason did, who was just absolutely wonderful in that negative role.

I think the show needs some good negative guys right now. Jamie used to be one, and now he's softer than an eight year old girl. Even Tywin is being portrayed as someone who thinks he is right in his own mind and justified in doing what he does, as it's to protect his family. The Bolton dad and son are cruel but hardly have any sort of presence on the show.

The best part about Joffrey was as soon as you tell him doing something was wrong, he would go on and do just that and take pride in it. Can't see Littlefinger rising to that level, I just can't take him seriously because in all his scenes he looks like all he is doing is trying to think which accent to dish out next.

That is so true!! :lol:

Bebe

That's kind of the appeal though, isn't it? Different characters seem like "the bad guy" at different times because they're all flawed in some way.

Ambiguity over who the good guys are is one of the franchise calling cards really. Beyond the white walkers, hard to classify too many characters as purely evil.

Ashwin

Snake charmer in the land of RattleSnakes.
Well purely going by the storyline thus far, looks like LF is the cause for all evil in the show. He poisoned the hand of king and got his wife to blame the Lannisters for it.
But then knowing the show, he (LF) might just be a puppet controlled by someone else.

Muffled funk

Not to be trusted
Why didn't he do that in the first place then. Typical another filler episode where the plot isn't moved along at all.

Muffled funk

Not to be trusted
Serious waste of time, right? I would have rather watched each one of the 200 people make their case to Daenerys.
Definitely there was 200 odd left and they seemed to be getting more important with each one, 215- 214 was a huge jump from a guy who got his goat killed to a guy who got his dad killed. I was busting to see who was next.

Last edited: