Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Yik

Bran's journey is quite boring to me. Anybody else agree? Seems a bit pointless tbh. I'd rather they spent more time on Arya and the Hound.

Yik

How is Arya and the Hound's journey less pointless? Where are they even heading by the way?
KFC?

But seriously Bran's scenes aren't fun to watch at all. Bran mopes around, Jojen says something cryptic, Hodor Hodors. Thats literally all that happens in Bran's scenes.

Its not about where they're going or why, its the way the journey is unfolding. Arya and Hound's journey on the other hand is quite honestly one of the best parts of the show. The two characters play off each other really well. That chicken monologue, the bit about Syrio Forel, pretty much anything the Hound says, its very entertaining. With Bran though there's really no meaningful interaction going on, its all a bit dull.

My two cents.

MarcRed96

Bran's journey is quite boring to me. Anybody else agree? Seems a bit pointless tbh. I'd rather they spent more time on Arya and the Hound.
Yeah, Bran's story is shit. I was on the verge of screaming at my computer screen (well, not really) when he decided against going to Jon a couple of episodes ago.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Well Bran's crossed paths with Jon Snow at least. Arya is one of my favourite characters in the show but her interactions with the Hound isn't good enough for filler after filler, really hope they actually arrive somewhere soon.

JP77

I've only just recently managed to catch up, had about four episodes recorded and got them watched back to back. Regarding Joffrey in episode 2:

What was the general feeling and opinion with how they did his death? Mixed emotions for me. On one hand it was a massive shock and the entire scene was great...but I couldn't help but be disappointed they killed him like that if I'm honest. Was desperate for interactions between him, Arya and others and some of them possibly getting their own revenge on him.

So yeah, pretty mixed for me on that one.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Well Bran's crossed paths with Jon Snow at least. Arya is one of my favourite characters in the show but her interactions with the Hound isn't good enough for filler after filler, really hope they actually arrive somewhere soon.
What do you suggest? They just turn up in another two seasons with Arya being a cynic killer or something, without showing her journey towards the same?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yeah, they could have slimmed that down and just made sure we remembered they exist.

Similarly I don't think they need to spend as much screentime on Daenerys.

I hate having to google the spelling of their names every time I want to reference a character.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
You're spot on. Im a hypocrite. But Ygritte is gorgeous and those saying otherwise are being disingenuous.
I was joking with my post anyway, I just wanted to wind up Slevs. Although she does look quite poor next to Emilia Clarke and Nathalie Emmanuel, IMO.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I've only just recently managed to catch up, had about four episodes recorded and got them watched back to back. Regarding Joffrey in episode 2:

What was the general feeling and opinion with how they did his death? Mixed emotions for me. On one hand it was a massive shock and the entire scene was great...but I couldn't help but be disappointed they killed him like that if I'm honest. Was desperate for interactions between him, Arya and others and some of them possibly getting their own revenge on him.

So yeah, pretty mixed for me on that one.
Good point I think, many people wanted to kill him and I would have enjoyed seeming him beheaded in battle or something like that. Or perhaps stabbed in the back like the Mad King. Martin seems motivated by realism and as much as it would have been nice to keep him alive for other characters to kill, I thought having the Tyrells do it was realistic. I wouldn't let my daughter marry him!

Drifter

American
Great episode.Powerful stuff from Tyrion. For me hands down the best character.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Is this on tonight? Or is their a break because of an American holiday weekend or something?

I'm afraid to Google it because of spoilers but I trust all of you.

Edit: 12,500 posts!

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
what a horrible recast they did for the mountain. It cheapens the production when they keep recasting characters. This lad can't act and has a thick icelandic accent. Should have recast the first mountain and have the second one dub his lines. Apart from that a good episode. Aiden Gillen got to kiss Sophie Turner the jammy bastard

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
The Mountain recast was a bit weird. Either way I hope Oberyn fecks him up in the trial. Little Finger is getting super creepy by the episode.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
The scene between Tyrion and Oberyn was fan-fecking-tastic. All 3 of the scenes with Tyrion were great but that was one of the best monologues ever in this show (up there with Jamie's king slayer one in last season to Brienne), Dinklage also sold his feelings throughout that scene superbly.