Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
fecking sky should be simulcasting this. Hopefully the finale is epic.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
This is the first one I'll be able to catch on the night due to not being in a state, what time is it usually up for download or where is it streamed with good quality? So I can report these nefarious means of course.

Kazi

This is the first one I'll be able to catch on the night due to not being in a state, what time is it usually up for download or where is it streamed with good quality? So I can report these nefarious means of course.
3.15am UK time. This is a longer ep, so maybe a few minutes later than normal.

Sent Sky an angry email, demanding them to show all Game of Thrones episodes on Sunday night / Monday morning at 2am.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
3.15am UK time. This is a longer ep, so maybe a few minutes later than normal.

Sent Sky an angry email, demanding them to show all Game of Thrones episodes on Sunday night / Monday morning at 2am.
That's it then they'll have to do it now, in fact threaten to join Virgin Media and I reckon they may start showing it ahead of the US.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Also, no surprises that
arya and sansa dont meet up. Sansa wasnt even in the episode!

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
How is Brann going to fly? Does he turn into a raven, or do they give him redbull and he gets wings, or what's happening? And why did those skeletons attack? And who was the wee girl throwing fire? In fact, who was the old man as well? I couldn't remember why they were heading for that tree in the first place...was it because it kept turning up in his dreams?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
How is Brann going to fly? Does he turn into a raven, or do they give him redbull and he gets wings, or what's happening? And why did those skeletons attack? And who was the wee girl throwing fire? In fact, who was the old man as well? I couldn't remember why they were heading for that tree in the first place...was it because it kept turning up in his dreams?
Maybe they are going to send him out the moon door.

PhilipB

Maybe they are going to send him out the moon door.
I would enjoy that.

I wonder what happens to the Brienne character now? She's now kinda pointless.

Daneyeyrsyes chaining her dragons was awful sad. Lyk if u cry evrytime.

Tyrion in full serial killer mode was cool, but also random. I wonder if Tywin died, neither shot seemed fatal.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I would enjoy that.

Tyrion in full serial killer mode was cool, but also random. I wonder if Tywin died, neither shot seemed fatal.
Maybe Brienne can go around killing our favorite characters for the rest of the show.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I would enjoy that.

Second one certainly did!

I loved it. Tyrion went full beast mode.

Jamie as hand of the king now?

PhilipB

Maybe Brienne can go around killing our favorite characters for the rest of the show.
I got none left. Apart from the rogue dragon that's cooking toddlers.

Second one certainly did!

I loved it. Tyrion went full beast mode.

Jamie as hand of the king now?
Second one looked like a shoulder shot to me?

Kazi

Can't wait to see what Varys has up his sleeve.

Jojen died just so that Brandon can fly? That's a bad deal.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Thought it was decent. I liked the change in Tyrion, talking doesn't always work and look where it got him. I tired of Tywin so wasn't too sad to see him go, just wish he'd found his sister on the toilet instead. Oh well maybe he can kill her next season.

Arya travelling will be interesting. I guess she'll meet Daenaries and join her side or something

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Did Varys join Tyrion in the same ship? i.e., is he now traveling with him?
Yes. He was walking away from the ship, then he heard the bells in the city tolling (i.e. Tywin's dead body discovered) and decided to nope the feck out of the city.

Shae is a slut.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
the whole story about Brann is really weird. Too much magic.
Why was stannis in the north? and how could he just capture the king of a 100.000 men army? I must have missed that somehow.

decent episode. Few unexpected things and again many cliffhanger.

Ashwin

Snake charmer in the land of RattleSnakes.
Yes. He was walking away from the ship, then he heard the bells in the city tolling (i.e. Tywin's dead body discovered) and decided to nope the feck out of the city.

Shae is a slut.
Ok that's what I thought. BTW, did Varys see what Tyrion had done when he said, "What have you done?" I mean I'm assuming Varys was waiting by the door/path where Jaime had left Tyrion and then Tyrion goes on a killing spree and Varys sees all of this? Something doesn't add up.. (or I've missed something totally)

Oh well, this is why they should have a 12-15 episode season so that the last episode doesn't have to be rushed.
Also, Stannis' army beyond the wall would mean someone gave him a free pass through the gates? And whyw as he even there? Were there any hints earlier that he should be riding to the wall/beyond?

Have we heard anything about this so called "children" earlier? I mean what are they? And who's that old dude? It appears to me that one of his "incarnations" is that of the 3 eyed raven - but I'm not sure. They just didn't finish it clean/finish it with the way they built up/progressed through the season.

Edit:
So many unanswered questions. Oh well, time to get some sleep. Hopefully, tomorrow the thread would've come to life with a whole lot questions being cleared up..

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Magic children, Skyrim skeletons and a man tangled in a tree. The Bran stuff is very strange.

I'm guessing with Tywin out of the picture, Stannis is going to breeze into King's Landing.

On that note, Ha! Feck you, Tywin. The prick died squirming with his pants down on the toilet.

And also, feck you, Shae. Bitch.

The Brienne and Hound fight was fantastic and absolutely vicious. I really wasn't sure which way it was going to go. A shame Hound died really because I would've liked to see a Mountain/Hound showdown in the future since it seems like that Maester is going heal The Mountain. Not sure what happens with Brienne now, she's never going to find Arya.

Varys is a strange fish.

Tyrion and Jaime's farewell...

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Ok that's what I thought. BTW, did Varys see what Tyrion had done when he said, "What have you done?" I mean I'm assuming Varys was waiting by the door/path where Jaime had left Tyrion and then Tyrion goes on a killing spree and Varys sees all of this? Something doesn't add up.. (or I've missed something totally)
Just rewatched the episode, Varys doesn't see the actual act of Tyrion shooting Tywin but I think he knew what happened given his reaction at the bells tolling.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Magic children, Skyrim skeletons and a man tangled in a tree. The Bran stuff is very strange.

Varys is a strange fish.

In the last scene they show of varys on the ship, I focusing on his face. Can it be the guy is really a eunuch? He just doesn't look manly. That or some really, really good facial expressions he's got there.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I don't know why people always find the magical stuff weird... I mean the White Walkers have been there from the start, we've had witches, demon babies, I mean even the fact that there's dragons and a woman who can't be hurt by fire is complete fantasy. The series does a good job of using it's fantasy element sparingly yet whenever something magical happens people act like it shouldn't be in the story...

ManUtd43vr

The episode was okish-goodish.. Maybe it felt that way due to a shit stream. But now there is a power struggle everywhere. Nothing is stable now with any single person/house holding power of the seven kingdoms. Btw, is Arya going North or to Bravos? And I think the captain of the ship doesnt return the iron coin to Arya, so how is she going to meet Jaqen Hagar? Tywin falling means Kings Landing goes to hell. I think Lord Bolton would do something cnutish which would make things interesting. Stannis now has a shot. Even Danareys if she gives a bit of thought to logistics and not be so fecking slow to march. In terms of opening up storylines, this episode does a lot of good.

Ekeke

The captain says Arya will of course get a cabin, he doesn't say they'll change route. She's going to Bravos. And there's plenty of time for him to give the coin back to her.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
So Arya is going to Dany? Where is Tyrion going?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I love the way people spam the thread with questions that can't possibly be answered until next season and then spaz out when a book reader drops a hint.

Good finale. That fight was brutal. Didn't want either to die really. It wasn't really clear whether Tywin or the Hound was dead and that was probably deliberate to leave a bit of a cliffhanger. You'd expect Stannis to be able to steamroller through Westeros now especially if his prisoners fight for him.

Surely the "you will be able to fly" comment just means him warging into a raven (or more likely a dragon). I think even for this show a flying cripple would be a tad ott.

There are a fair few characters now that need a new story arc in the show (Tyrion, Brienne, Snow). Next season should be interesting.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can explain the importance of that iron coin that Arya gave to the captain?

I've forgotten the plot of previous seasons.