Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What happens with speculation? I'm not going to make any comments on what's happened in the show, but there could be others who have seen the leaked episodes, and are less honest with it, and speculate about future episodes with info that they're already know about stuff that's going to happen.
If anyone who has seen the leaked episodes does that, they will get a permanent Entertainment Forum ban. End of.

S5E01 - The Wars to Come

Dante

Average bang
I doubt the leak will affect HBO too much. It's not like they're going to miss out on advertising revenue. They're a subscription based channel and people will still need to take out a contract to watch episodes 5 to 10. Actually, the only viewers who will have downloaded the leaked episodes will be the pirates who were going to download it anyway. There might be a slight knock on effect with syndication numbers, but I doubt it'll be significant.

BTW, episode 1 has aired in the US. We can discuss that now.

Red Stone

Who are those 2 girls at the start of episode 1?
Definitely Cersei, since she was mentioned by name. I'm going to guess that the dark-haired one was Elia Martell. I think Oberyn mentioned something about going to visit the Lannisters when they were kids during his big speech in Tyrion's cell. The other girl definitely had the Dornish look.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So it's not just me then? One minute he's Scottish, next he's English, then Welsh
Nope, it's not just you. His accent is awful. He started off with a normal voice in the first season but since then it's mutated into a weird Irish/Scottish/Welsh/English/Pirate/Batman hybrid. He also places emphasis on random parts of his sentences for no apparent reason. Weird that this must have been a deliberate choice on his part and even weirder that nobody has made him stop already.

Red Stone

It's probably because Baelish is a shifty bastard with fingers in all the pies. His allegiance to no-one and everyone, based on what suits him best, is symbolized in the fact that his accent is from nowhere and everywhere.

Just kidding. He sounds like a moron.

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug
Can someone please give me a very brief summary of this series as I hear a lot being talked about it and have never watched it.

Andy_Cole

I did a bad thing and downloaded the leaks. Started episode 1 but the quality was too poor and I switched it off to download episode 1 in HD. Pissed my wife off massively haha. She's not as fussy with me with quality and was up for watching all 4 episodes.

Good start to the season. No surprises really. Although I had no idea that Cersei's cousin killed Robert Baratheon haha.

Excited for next week as I'm excited to see Arya's story.

RonaldoVII

I'm disappointed the episodes have been leaked as I'd have liked to watch them sequentially, one each week. There's already a dick at work hinting at spoilers and he's done it before to those who haven't watched the episode straight away. I'll watch the 4 and hope there aren't any more this season.

Andy_Cole

I'm disappointed the episodes have been leaked as I'd have liked to watch them sequentially, one each week. There's already a dick at work hinting at spoilers and he's done it before to those who haven't watched the episode straight away. I'll watch the 4 and hope there aren't any more this season.
Yeh I'm not happy either. I'm scared I'll run into a spoiler on social media or someone I know will ruins it for me.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Did anyone find that cut to Khaleesi in bed to be very odd? Like they left something out.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Decent start...really sounds like big things are coming this season - we're in for a hell of a ride me thinks.

Rooney1987

Every season of GoT the first 2 or 3 episode are always full of short scenes, a catch up on the previous season, introduce new characters and laying the ground work for the future season. It's a tough job but I thought that was a good start.

Sylar

Nice start. Also not happy the episodes were leaked for a show like this. Hard enough avoiding spoilers from the you know what, but now actual eps?

Anyway, enjoyed the episode and was happy with the start and where they are going. Jon Snow may not know anything but hes still a badass.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The leaked episodes were just from the previews given to critics, I think. It shouldn't happen again this season so ye just have to wait it out until after episode four.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I heard from season 4 onwards she signed a contract saying she doesn't have to get naked anymore.
Yup, that's correct. Don't think she'll be doing anymore nudity, which is a shame really. Still, the editing was weird.