Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Scrumpet

There are no words
Alex, you can't talk about the books in this thread no matter how well you label your spoilers. The mods came up with the new spoiler rules because it was all a bit of a confusing mess before. They're not going to let you discuss the books in here just because you can't discuss them in the book thread.

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Is the book thread not there to cover all of the books? I've not read it in fear of being spoiled but I scanned through a couple of pages and there didn't seem to be much use of spoiler tags. It seems a bit hypocritical to tell someone to feck off in fear of them spoiling you, only to send them to somewhere that they might be spoiled themselves. If the book thread only keeps in pace with the TV series I'll forget about this thread and move into there, but I don't want to go there only for someone to be discussing something I've not got to yet. Likewise I don't want to have to tip-toe around subjects that other people haven't arrived at yet. If something is in spoiler tags and is accompanied by an appropriate warning, I really don't see what the big problem is.

As I've said multiple times, and I've seen others post it in the past as well, there isn't anywhere for people who haven't yet finished reading the books but are watching the TV series to discuss anything. Any mention of the word 'book' in here and everyone flips with people calling for bans (see below). I made an error before and have apologised. However, there's not much else I can do about that now other than repeat the apology.
I'm not trying to be rightous here, but posting ANYTHING that has the potential to be a spoiler in here is unfair. This discussion has been had already many times over, and the rules are not to discuss book-related topics in here. What if you make a typo in the spoiler, and someone sees it before you can edit it? It's easier to just not post in here.

As for posting in the book thread, if you have an issue and don't want to go in there for fear of spoiling stuff for yourself, then send a PM to a mod and discuss it with them that way. I doubt anything will come from it though, you're in a very select minority and the rules won't be changed. It's harsh, but read up on the final books to contribute, or don't post about it at all.

Now please, don't clutter this thread up for the TV viewers with this exact same argument again.

You know, having read the books myself, you could just stop being such an attention craving drama queen and STOP posting ANYTHING in these threads since you seem incapable of not ruining shit for people.

Or, you could just carry on cnuting the place up.
There's no need for that.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
8? I'm pretty sure it's 10 episodes per season.
It is 10 and they're all a few minutes longer than previous seasons. But it still feels too short, I wish they had 3-4 more episodes.
Excellent.

This may sound slightly controversial but I'm not sure the quality of the show is as good as it was, although still excellent. It's obviously becoming a lot more challenging as the story widens and presumably will become more-so as it widens further.

Then again, season 1 and 2 really got going around now.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Excellent.

This may sound slightly controversial but I'm not sure the quality of the show is as good as it was, although still excellent. It's obviously becoming a lot more challenging as the story widens and presumably will become more-so as it widens further.

Nothing controversial about it. They need to step it up in these final 4 episodes of this season for starters.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I'm not trying to be rightous here, but posting ANYTHING that has the potential to be a spoiler in here is unfair. This discussion has been had already many times over, and the rules are not to discuss book-related topics in here. What if you make a typo in the spoiler, and someone sees it before you can edit it? It's easier to just not post in here.

As for posting in the book thread, if you have an issue and don't want to go in there for fear of spoiling stuff for yourself, then send a PM to a mod and discuss it with them that way. I doubt anything will come from it though, you're in a very select minority and the rules won't be changed. It's harsh, but read up on the final books to contribute, or don't post about it at all.

Now please, don't clutter this thread up for the TV viewers with this exact same argument again.
Right, so it's unfair for me to post clearly spoiler tagged stuff about the book this TV series ties in with, on the off chance that some numpty happens to ignore all of it and spoil themselves anyway, and it's unfair that I, as well as other posters in the same situation, can't go into the book thread because we might get spoiled, but rather than just expect people not to be cretins and click on an obvious spoiler, we're not allowed to post anywhere? Typos aren't an issue because there's a button that adds the tags for you. The only issue is people who can't read a warning about a spoiler and inconsiderate people, and there's nothing stopping the latter anyway.

Posters who haven't finished all of the books can't go into the book thread because they'll get spoiled. However, they can post stuff in this thread surrounded in spoiler tags because it'll be hidden from those it might spoil, but be available to those that it won't.

Consider this my last post on the matter because it seems apparent that it's too much to ask for people to post potential spoilers inside appropriate spoiler tags, and it's unreasonable to expect people who don't want to be spoiled by such things not click on them.

Revan

Assumptionman
Right, so it's unfair for me to post clearly spoiler tagged stuff about the book this TV series ties in with, on the off chance that some numpty happens to ignore all of it and spoil themselves anyway, and it's unfair that I, as well as other posters in the same situation, can't go into the book thread because we might get spoiled, but rather than just expect people not to be cretins and click on an obvious spoiler, we're not allowed to post anywhere? Typos aren't an issue because there's a button that adds the tags for you. The only issue is people who can't read a warning about a spoiler and inconsiderate people, and there's nothing stopping the latter anyway.

Posters who haven't finished all of the books can't go into the book thread because they'll get spoiled. However, they can post stuff in this thread surrounded in spoiler tags because it'll be hidden from those it might spoil, but be available to those that it won't.

Consider this my last post on the matter because it seems apparent that it's too much to ask for people to post potential spoilers inside appropriate spoiler tags, and it's unreasonable to expect people who don't want to be spoiled by such things not click on them.
Alex, you really are acting a drama queen.

This is the TV show thread. No book talk, simply as that. Regardless if you put it on spoilers or not. You might discuss the TV show but nothing related to the books.

The other thread is the ASOIAF thread and nothing is put on spoilers tab. If you want to post there, you're welcome but you can be spoiled.

If you are feeling sad and lonely, create a thread for those who are reading the books but haven't finished yet. It is that simple. You probably have to speak with yourself all the time but c'est la vie.

Don16

Annoying cnut
Season 3 in general has been a bit wank so far. I keep thinking the next week is gonna be the one where it picks up and I'm just underwhelmed every time. I haven't read any of the books, but purely from a tv perspective, there's just too much going on so they can't devote enough time to any of the story lines to develop them enough.

NinjaFletch

Excellent.

Given the form of season 1 and 2 they're probably gonna kill a main character off and remove that strand of the story.

My money's on Robb.

twitter thread suggester
I am sick and tired of this debate. I'll start handing out infractions from now on if you can't obey the very simple rule: NO BLOODY BOOK TALK! Spoilered or otherwise.

December_16

Season 3 in general has been a bit wank so far. I keep thinking the next week is gonna be the one where it picks up and I'm just underwhelmed every time. I haven't read any of the books, but purely from a tv perspective, there's just too much going on so they can't devote enough time to any of the story lines to develop them enough.
Each to their own, but I thought Season 3 is the best so far, and that does not even count what's coming up. Character development/interactions are subtle and profound as ever, and there are tons of spectacular, memorable setpieces. Love it!

Zen

Season 3's current run has been fecking outstanding.....the last few(well basically from about when Jamie lost his hand) have been brilliant, probably the best run in the show so far.

Dunno how people who enjoyed 1+2 haven't found the last few brilliant myself, but yeah, each to your own I guess.

Don16

Annoying cnut
Quite surprised at that lads! I've three brothers who all watch it and we all think the same, and many of my pals seem fairly unanimous about it. Maybe their negativity is rubbing off on me :D

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Quite surprised at that lads! I've three brothers who all watch it and we all think the same, and many of my pals seem fairly unanimous about it. Maybe their negativity is rubbing off on me :D
I am with you. I have not enjoyed it as much as S1 & S2, that said, the last few episodes usually make the series.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm really enjoying season 3, probably edges out season 1 for me as the best so far.

One thing I've liked this year is that all the characters and their individual stories are interesting. Also, I love how this time round you just don't know who to trust, even if they appear to be an 'ally'. Everybody has their own motives and everything can change in an instant (see poor Sansa for example). Makes for compelling viewing, even if there hasn't been as much action as previous years

NinjaFletch

I am with you. I have not enjoyed it as much as S1 & S2, that said, the last few episodes usually make the series.
I thought S2 (with the exception of Blackwater) was really dull.

It just seemed all about moving characters around to where they needed to be rather than any significant steps towards advancing the story.

Obviously there was some significant moments (killing of Robert Baratheon, mostly) but a lot of it (Arya's story, Jon Snows, Sansa's, Deaneries) seemed much more like building blocks than interesting developments.

Ekeke

I think 2 and 3 have been more slow moving than the first series but its understandable as the main characters are flung all over their world and we cant exactly expect them to cut out half of the book (relax I havent read one so I couldnt possibly spoil)

Its still very good but a lot of the time we're left waiting for the big dramatic scenes that have been building up for a long time.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
And yet, I feel lots has happened...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think a few people are undervaluing a lot of the journey. At the very least I always really enjoy watching the characters in all of the different settings and the people they meet.

Castia

And yet, I feel lots has happened...
Im the same, maybe every episode bar the last (was still very good) as felt action packed for me. Really enjoying this season and the last 4 episodes should be even better now John Snow's lot are over the wall.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I think a few people are undervaluing a lot of the journey. At the very least I always really enjoy watching the characters in all of the different settings and the people they meet.
Good for you but I judge it mainly on tits and tbh I'm struggling to recall more than 2 pairs this whole season.

It's just not on.

I bet there's loads more in the books...

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I think the HBO CEO of Tits has gone on vacation. I'm with Drainy, talking about the sex stuff was weird last week and that's not even counting the stuff about servant boy's magical dong a few episodes ago. Show, don't tell, motherfeckers.

Cina

HBO were getting heavily criticised for the amount of "needless" tits and fanny in the show in contrast to the lack of male penis, it seems they've actually listened to that criticism instead of not giving a feck like they usually do. Shame.

Zen

I don't think some are used to HBO shows......"nothing has happened" has been a common complaint for most of their shows since like Oz -_-

Moby

Dick
The problem with just having a general book thread and a general tv thread is that there's nowhere for people like me who haven't finished the book series yet and are watching the tv series. You can't exclude any mention of the books in this thread because it's the people who've read the books that can call out spoilers. A problem in the thread for the last series was people who'd clearly read the books having 'theories' about what was going to happen next and discussing them in surprising detail given what we'd seen in the show. I wasn't the only one who thought that book spoilers were being presented as theories and at the end of the day I was only trying to prevent the people who hadn't read the books from being spoiled. Like I said, if you're moronic enough to spoil yourself by reading something hidden in spoiler tags and clearly labelled as a potential spoiler then it's hardly my fault that you got spoiled.
Well unfortunately for you there are two threads here, one with NO book talk, spoilers or otherwise, and one till the end of the books. If you are in the middle, you have to come here and erase whatever you know from the books and post like you have seen the show without reading the books, which is actually why this thread exists, for posters who are actually doing that to discuss. You need to use PMs if you want to discuss the things you have read in the books or ask the mods to create a new thread or change the rules of this one.

Right now the title says NO book talk, so anyone can come in and open a spoiler or read a random post assuming there can't be any reference to books so please do not try to mix it all up before any changes are made to the rules by the mods.

I am actually avoiding this thread these days mainly because it hasn't been only one incident where spoilers or hints to spoilers have been dished out when frankly this thread is made for people exactly like me who are watching just the TV show. It is not hard to wait for the things you have read in the books to be shown on the show before discussing it, or read till the end and go to the other thread. Don't ruin it for everyone.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
If anyone thinks they spot a spoiler from a book reader, PM me directly and I'll decide what to do with the posts. Don't say anything publicly.

Book readers, I recommend you just avoid posting in this thread altogether.

If you're reading ahead of the tv show, I'm sorry, but even if you had some sort of intermediate thread, everyone in the thread would be in different spots in the series. Those that have found themselves in this position in the past just waited until they finished all the books before posting in the ASOIAF thread.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I watches a video of all the sex scenes the other day. Pretty good.

binary bot
The very original young child runs off story, graces every show I've ever watched

Art

Art the artist
great episode! The special effects are a great improvement on previous seasons.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
So whats with Daenerys? Is she free all the slaves in all the cities she comes across? She got the gold and the ships. She should have just taken it and crossed the sea with her army. Now who knows how many casualties she is going to suffer?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Big improvement to last episode, the ending was great and stories are coming to life again.

Question though: Does Joffrey know Robert Barathian isn't his father and that he is an incestuous bastard? I've been speaking about this with my friend and I can't remember if he said he knew or not.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Big improvement to last episode, the ending was great and stories are coming to life again.

Question though: Does Joffrey know Robert Barathian isn't his father and that he is an incestuous bastard? I've been speaking about this with my friend and I can't remember if he said he knew or not.
He was telling his mother that he heard about rumors about her and his uncle and if it was true. But the queen however denied those rumors asking him to believe everything he hears. So the simple answer is no, he doesnt know either.

Kinky Melinky

Completely hooked thanks to you lot! I fecking love Game of Thrones. I've been playing catch up and am on episode 3 of series 3. It's phenomenal

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
In a previous episode he made a snidey comment to his mother about the rumours Stannis spread but I don't think he believes them.