Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Sylar

Season 4 is the best season for me. If I had to rank them from my favourite to my least favourite I'd say: 4 > 2 = 3 > 6 > 1 > 5. So far season 7 is shaping itself up to be level with season 6 in my personal table.
S4 is probably my favourite overall. S1 set up everything and had the biggest shock to me (what happened to Ned). It was a fantastic set up for everything to come.
I rank it 4 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 5 (right now).

4 had some fantastic moments and characters overall. Tyrion calling for Trial by combat was great. The Joffrey wedding episode felt like 3 years worth of justice. If you forget what happened in s5, s4 seemed like a true change for Sansa turning from naive into a manipulator. The watchers on the wall and Viper vs mountain episodes were fantastic. The Jorah reveal was quite good too. As was Dany, the breaker of chains, having to put her 'children' into chains.
Every episode felt like an event.

freeurmind

weak willed
You know its going to be extra epic when the tv station has to put up an additional disclaimer before the start.

freeurmind

weak willed
I'm not buying this forlorn Tyrion at all the destruction. Where was this when he was burning up people at the Blackwater?

Sylar

Jon with the Dragon was a fantastic scene. So only Tyrion and Jon have been this close to a dragon and not been burned right? (Not counting Dany)

Also return of Ser Friendzone.

Sylar

Dany turning into a somewhat slave master with her choice offered to the people. Join me (through force) or else.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
:eek: Its moving really fast imo. Theyre basically saying something needs to happen, and then next scene, its happening in a different area altogether.
I don't know.. not really digging this episode so far.

freeurmind

weak willed
Really good episode. Ser Davos was great throughout. Littlefinger is really choosing the wrong person to mess with.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Wow so much happened in that episode. Loved it. And Dany with the "I've grown fond of him". Oh snap girl!

freeurmind

weak willed
It's annoying.

Renders the previous seasons concept of travel wholly ridiculous.

Nothing really feels earned right now.

Still good. But less so.
I agree it's off putting to a certain extent but given the constraints on number of episodes left, its understandable. I think you just have to kind of realise it's never going to be the same show it was in Season 1 and 2 but it's still enjoyable.

rio's upper lip

Enjoyable episode.

And holy fecking shit. Gilly read in the book that someone named 'Raggar' annulled his marriage and wed again in a secret ceremony in Dorne. This is yuge news.

Seems like Rhaegar married Lyanna then, unless it's some sick, twisted red herring from the writers. They even married legally, as he annulled his previous marraige. Surely that means they're setting up Jon as a true Targaryen and the rightful heir to the throne, even before Dany? She won't like that! :lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Enjoyable episode.

And holy fecking shit. Gilly read in the book that someone named 'Raggar' annulled his marriage and wed again in a secret ceremony in Dorne. This is yuge news.

Seems like Rhaegar married Lyanna then, unless it's some sick, twisted red herring from the writers. They even married legally, as he annulled his previous marraige. Surely that means they're setting up Jon as a true Targaryen and the rightful heir to the throne, even before Dany? She won't like that! :lol:
YESSSS! But fecking Sam stopped her before she read the whole thing and there is really no other way of finding out now is there?

Sylar

YESSSS! But fecking Sam stopped her before she read the whole thing and there is really no other way of finding out now is there?
Bran once he processes the newly downloaded information into his robotic head.

Really enjoyed that. Looks like Jon is not a bastard after all. (but before that, having what seemed to them, Rob Baratheon and Neds bastard working together was great).

Davos with fantastic lines. "I thought you would still be rowing" hahah.

Only 2 episodes left :(