Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I liked seeing Arya's vicious side.

Seems like her and The Hound are a duo now, although she did say she's going to stick a sword through his eyeball so that might not last that long.

binary bot
Underwhelming, although it was always going to end up that way after last weeks.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
Finished the first season last night. Good show and it's needless to say that I am hooked.

Hope to catch up on the next two seasons in a month's time.

From the last scene of the first season can I safely assume that it's all gearing towards the final battle between Daenerys and Arya with the Bastard taking care of the unknown from the North?

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
That was slightly underwhelming

Moby

Dick
Really happy that this episode did not have any needless twists or murders. We just had an episode with all that last week, so it was important not to make it an overkill.

This episode was homecoming. Snow, Sam, Jamie. And Mhysa by the looks of it! :cool:

Moby

Dick
She's a boring character with no real depth and Emilia Clark is one of the weaker actors in the show. Like I said, there were at least three better ways to end the season. Dany's scene really wasn't worthy of it, when you consider the endings to season 1 and season 2.
Ending of season 1 had nothing but showing dragons. This is showing that she has conquered the whole continent and every man there considers her thei mother. If that was not a giant leap in her character, I don't know what will be.

People just want to see mindless killing.

Lynk

It's not the whole continent though. It's just another city in the continent. Robb's wife is from Valantis and Dorne is mentioned as well. It doesn't really advance her character, it advances how she is seen in the world. I still maintain she is one of the worst characters on the show, and yet she gets top billing and all the promos. Baffling really.

Moby

Dick
It's not the whole continent though. It's just another city. It doesn't really advance her character, it advances how she is seen in the world. I still maintain she is one of the worst characters on the show, and yet she gets top billing and all the promos. Baffling really.

Mindless killing wasn't the ending I had in mind.
What is there left in the Essos? Anyway, as I said, till now it was her army that was taking over cities using fear, however now she is seen as a having the trust of the common man, a huge asset of anyone who aspires to be a ruler. It was a more important ending that last two seasons.

Boring character? From being a weak girl who can't even say anything against her shitty brother to now someone who has enough confidence in herself to go into a crowd of the city she just sacked. That is anything but boring.

What did you have in mind?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Good episode. Now the wait begins. A whole another year. 10 months to be precise.

Also what does Bran intend to do beyond the wall? Plus what happened to Cersei's son, the one she was going to poison at the end of season 2? Did they send him off to be with his sister or is he still in the kingdom?

Lynk

Good episode. Now the wait begins. A whole another year. 10 months to be precise.

Also what does Bran intend to do beyond the wall? Plus what happened to Cersei's son, the one she was going to poison at the end of season 2? Did they send him off to be with his sister or is he still in the kingdom?
Track the three eyed raven he's been seeing in his visions.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
What's the mhysa stuff about? Have I missed something in previous episodes?
I thought it was just a word for mother in some weird language. It was strange, did they call her "mother" because of her being known as mother of dragons? Something like "savior" would have made more sense, imo.

Oh and I'm not sure if I can take one more freedom speach by Daenerys. It's enough now.

JP77

Quality season. I expected more in this episode but left very happy after it and thought it was pretty much spot on, nice pull back from last weeks mental events and everything really is geared up brilliantly for next season.

10 fecking months though :(

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Ending of season 1 had nothing but showing dragons. This is showing that she has conquered the whole continent and every man there considers her thei mother. If that was not a giant leap in her character, I don't know what will be.

People just want to see mindless killing.

I agree. She's actually one of my favourite characters, slowly building a huge coalition army while the others just kill each other weakening themselves for her.... or episode 1 of next season will have her head bitten off by a dragon.

Dante

Average bang
When the crowd lifted Dany above their heads my first reaction was "oh feck, someone's killed her". I agree the Essos stuff is a little shallow at the moment, but George RR Martin still manages to keep me on my toes even when he's being cliched.

Dante

Average bang
Bit underwhelmed if i'm honest. Was a good episode in its own right, but a pretty meh episode 10.
It was always going to be an anticlimax after last episode. They should have ended the season with the Red Wedding, that would have fecked up everybody's Summer.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
When the crowd lifted Dany above their heads my first reaction was "oh feck, someone's killed her". I agree the Essos stuff is a little shallow at the moment, but George RR Martin still manages to keep me on my toes even when he's being cliched.
Yep, I thought Ygritte was definitely going to kill Jon Snow when she shot the first arrow and then the second one hit him and I thought ''He's dead." but it looks like he'll be okay since he reached Castle Black.

No character is safe so you're always on the edge of your seat.

vanthaman

Winner
I thought it was just a word for mother in some weird language. It was strange, did they call her "mother" because of her being known as mother of dragons? Something like "savior" would have made more sense, imo.

Oh and I'm not sure if I can take one more freedom speach by Daenerys. It's enough now.
I got the whole mother bit. It's just the way people were talking about it on here I was wondering if it meant anything particular