Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Address her by her proper title, ya little bollocks.

Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons.
You tell him bishop Brennan :lol:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Because of that entire conversation Jon and Daenerys had in episode three.
As I said, rather contrived.

The by-line for the story is 'You either live or die in the game of thrones. There's no middle ground.' The facts remains: there's been a lot of convenient stalemates in S05 and beyond which allow prominent characters to act however they wish, and make whatever mistakes they like, with zero consequences.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I don't see how the latter is related when it comes to what I said? :confused:
Guilty complex?

But nah, serious, relax my friend. The past few pages have had both. I didn't mean you in regards to the latter. I merely meant I'd happily read pages of these guys going at it over whether or not Danny is hot, than those ruining the show for everyone :)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Guilty complex?

But nah, serious, relax my friend. The past few pages have had both. I didn't mean you in regards to the latter. I merely meant I'd happily read pages of these guys going at it over whether or not Danny is hot, than those ruining the show for everyone :)
Oh right, I thought you meant people who make statements like I do, guessing about whether people would bang her given the opportunity :lol:

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
As I said, rather contrived.

The by-line for the story is 'You either live or die in the game of thrones. There's no middle ground.' The facts remains: there's been a lot of convenient stalemates in S05 and beyond which allow prominent characters to act however they wish, and make whatever mistakes they like, with zero consequences.
I agree with the second half of your point, that the consequences for mistakes have certainly been dialled down. You could argue that started in season four, actually.

But with regards to Jon and Daenerys treating each other amicably despite the conflicts of their ancestors, I think it's something the show has been building in since the very, very start, and now we're seeing it fully realised. Cersei aside, the main cast who are still standing - Jon, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Theon, Tyrion, Arya, Yara - are tasked with the responsibility of bringing in a fairer new world ("breaking the wheel"). They're the liberal offspring of an authoritarian generation who forged alliances through arranged marriages that were often abusive, treated politics as a cynical game and a power trip as opposed to something which could be used to change the world for good, and ultimately lost their lives because power was more important to them than compromise. The children who remain have had to watch this game take place and it's ultimately left them jaded. They're now eager to abolish slavery, pose democracy as future method of electing a ruler, and introduce the concept of gender equality so their children don't have to suffer. "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die" was the way of the old world which no longer has to exist once the children are done building the new one.

rio's upper lip

Major finale events have been spoiled for me just by browsing the fecking internet over the last week. Can't wait for this season to be over so I won't have to dread reading anything related to Game of Thrones. And hopefully they can keep the finished S8 script under wraps for longer than two months this time...

kotha

GOT finale, Arsenal fan tv..:drool: If i space things out a little,can easily manage having no PL football next weekend..

Redlambs

Major finale events have been spoiled for me just by browsing the fecking internet over the last week. Can't wait for this season to be over so I won't have to dread reading anything related to Game of Thrones. And hopefully they can keep the finished S8 script under wraps for longer than two months this time...
They already haven't.

Minkaro

I far prefer dragon lady's side-kick. She's the best of the lot imo.
Nathalie Emmanuel :drool: (Emilia Clarke is stunning too though).

Just waiting for Gregor to start ripping the Iron Throne apart so he can start lobbing the swords at people.

b82REZ

I never would! Honestly.

It's not paranoia though. As @KM says, it's obvious who's been at it. At the end of this season, when people can see the truth, there's going to be a few people trying to log on to the caf who can't for a little bit...
While it has definitely happened, I haven't seen anyone pass the leaks off as a theory in a few pages.

I made a post at the start of the season saying people were doing it but it was ignored and at one point people in this thread were asking specific questions based on the leaks.

The worst culprit is that microwave fella.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
The worst culprit is that microwave fella.
Go on.

I'll admit I read sections of the leaks once the season started (I didn't want to read certain storylines, I wanted them to happen in front of me), but I haven't passed any of them off as my own predictions in this thread at all because I know how people feel about spoilers and such. In fact, any theorising I've done has been about the very end of the series, which none of us know anything about because the scripts for season 8 haven't leaked.

b82REZ

You've been passing the leaks off as theories for weeks.

You also were going into loads of detail relating to the books which I'm surprised didn't get you thread banned.

Like @Redlambs said, people are using the leaks to get online points and you most definitely have been.

You weren't the only one, but you're one of the more prominent posters in GoT related threads.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
You've been passing the leaks off as theories for weeks.

You also were going into loads of detail relating to the books which I'm surprised didn't get you thread banned.

Like @Redlambs said, people are using the leaks to get online points and you most definitely have been.

You weren't the only one, but you're one of the more prominent posters in GoT related threads.
I'd really appreciate it if you could link to some of the posts you're thinking of instead of just accusing me of things I haven't done.

I'm a prominent poster because I love the show and this is a good place to discuss it. I'd use Reddit but it's not got the proper layout for discussion.

Redlambs

Go on.

I'll admit I read sections of the leaks once the season started (I didn't want to read certain storylines, I wanted them to happen in front of me), but I haven't passed any of them off as my own predictions in this thread at all because I know how people feel about spoilers and such. In fact, any theorising I've done has been about the very end of the series, which none of us know anything about because the scripts for season 8 haven't leaked.
Yeah, but no. It shouldn't have quite come out yet in case people realise what you've been up to, but I guess someone has busted you.

You are a liar and it is actually known. Funny how you are the one down playing next season leaks too.

I don't get it though, why bother? Why all the long posts that must have taken you ages? Was all the effort worth it? Though you aren't the only one, as I've said and some of the mods know, as will everyone (pretending to be innocent or otherwise) see after the finale.

Those leaks have been real and you feckers are sad cnuts. Do we really need to have this next season? Or shall we all just not act like this is youtube or fb or twitter where spoiling shit is supposedly funny.

I'd really appreciate it if you could link to some of the posts you're thinking of instead of just accusing me of things I haven't done.

I'm a prominent poster because I love the show and this is a good place to discuss it. I'd use Reddit but it's not got the proper layout for discussion.
Your first 4 or 5 post in this very thread show what you are about. The one that gave it away though for real though, no. I don't think it should be quoted because it'll ruin the finale for people.

b82REZ

I don't want to draw attention to your posts because I respect people wanting to remain spoiler free, nor do I have the inclination to trawl through all your GoT related dissertations.

I don't think I'm the only poster to call you out on this either. I'm surprised you've lasted as long as you have in the GoT threads, although the people in the book thread tend to be a lot more relaxed regarding spoilers.