Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Cant wait for Sansa to drop "Youre not even a real Stark, youre not my brother" on Jon. Hopefully she dies, the one Stark kid death im not too arsed about.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Dany is such a punk. Valid concerns from Sansa about lack of food and resources for such a large army and dragon, gets told ‘whatever’. Dragons don’t eat. Let’s makeout.
I felt like they overdid it, personally. Although perhaps with this and Tarly's execution they're leading us to the thought that she won't be a good queen, actually?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
It is infortunate that so much content will be crammed into the last 5 episodes given that this one turned out to be filler material. No matter how well it is written or directed, I fail to see how they'll fulfill all the varied character promises they've built up over the last seven seasons in such a short time.

Well, prepared for a Hollywood sequence with a Tarantino ending. It would be foolish to expect a 'satisfying' ending.
Tbf, a lot of stuff has sorta been wrapped up already. Either thru death or story progression. IMO, the only things left to answer are:
Fight with the night king/walkers and who will rule the 7 kingdoms when it's all said and done between Dany/Jon/Cersei.

Yagami

Good post resistant
why didn't braniel go with sam to talk to john? it's not like he does anything else
he said he was waiting for someone. "an old friend" i think he said. turns out he was waiting for the kingslayer!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Dany is such a punk. Valid concerns from Sansa about lack of food and resources for such a large army and dragon, gets told ‘whatever’. Dragons don’t eat. Let’s makeout.
Kind of hoping Jon ditches her for Sansa by the end of the show.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I liked the first bit that was basically the zombie hunters explaining the latest plot developments to the northern lot, and then the northern rabble groaning with incredulity at how shit it all sounded.
Tyrion: " and then we kidnapped a goblin and are fighting with Cersei now"
Tavern Peasants: "who wrote this crap?"

The dragons look like shit, did they forget a filter this season? they looked better last season.

Would love to see Jon and Sam get together by the end, or at least awkwardly jerk each other off.

Can't believe they're going to waste more time on the pirate, that's a dramatic dead end if ever I saw one.

Where's my man the Night King at? You now have 5 episodes to either crown him or dig a plot contrivance wide enough and deep enough to fit this bad mutha and his endless army.

Go.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Jaime arrived just in time, Jon will need his incestual expertise

Sanche7

It is infortunate that so much content will be crammed into the last 5 episodes given that this one turned out to be filler material. No matter how well it is written or directed, I fail to see how they'll fulfill all the varied character promises they've built up over the last seven seasons in such a short time.

Well, prepared for a Hollywood sequence with a Tarantino ending. It would be foolish to expect a 'satisfying' ending.
True, was very disappointed to learn that there are only 6 episodes this season and they have already spent one episode building up and catching up. Should have had at least 8 episodes IMO but I guess there's a lot of production cost involved with all the CGI for dragons, white walkers and the fight scenes

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Is Bran auditioning for the next Resident Evil 7 DLC?

danny once again looking like a bitch at numerous points. Also the golden company look like just another boring army, they should surely had a better introduction. All in all though, I didn't mind the episode, it was as expected really.

Still too many shit "big meetings" though. I get they can't fit it all in, but it's all a bit soap opera style.

Sanche7

I just love Danny's smile and she smiled quite a lot this episode which is weird considering the world is about to end, but hey I won't complain as this could be the last time she smiles

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How good was John Bradley in this episode? Brilliant stuff.
he gets to know about his brother's death was fantastic

Skills

Snitch
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is the best actor on the show

Best part of the episode and he was only there for 10 seconds

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I just read a summary of the first episode, don't know yet if I will bother with watching the whole thing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'd forgotten about "filler episode", which has ranked alongside "deus ex machina" as one of the most incorrectly used criticisms in this thread down through the years.

Donut

It was pretty good but still feels like a bit of an anticlimax after a 2 year wait.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Keep the incest theme going by trading in an aunt for a cousin?
Marrying cousins is acceptable in Westeros and Medeival society. Personally I think their relationship mirrors that of Ned and Catelyn and I think they would bring out the best in each other and rule the 7 kingdoms the best out of all the potential pairings left. I can’t see how Jon and Dany end this show in one piece and Varys foreshadows this with his ‘nothing lasts forever’.

Sylar

I'd forgotten about "filler episode", which has ranked alongside "deus ex machina" as one of the most incorrectly used criticisms in this thread down through the years.
This is such a filler post.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yeah I don’t understand how that could be seen as a filler episode - it was essential to the overall narrative to get everyone into one place for the upcoming battle. Not a scintillating episode overall but I don’t see how anyone can criticise it for nothing going on.

Sylar

Also I agree with Cersei:

and her disappointment. In the words of Bart Simpson:
I WANT MY ELEPHANT

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah I don’t understand how that could be seen as a filler episode - it was essential to the overall narrative to get everyone into one place for the upcoming battle. Not a scintillating episode overall but I don’t see how anyone can criticise it for nothing going on.
You should know how it goes by now. Not alot of action on screen but the story/characters gets advanced/developed - filler! Action happens on screen - time travel!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Also I agree with Cersei:

and her disappointment. In the words of Bart Simpson:
I WANT MY ELEPHANT
are they really going to skip out Elephants or are they holding out on that as a surprise package for the remaining episodes?

Jagga7

I thought it was garbage. The reunions weren't paid off well at all. The writing and dialogue is soulless. I hate how Sam has become the comedic relief, which is probably because he is chubby.
Just standard typical shit.

The show is just about set pieces and action now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Tbf, a lot of stuff has sorta been wrapped up already. Either thru death or story progression. IMO, the only things left to answer are:
Fight with the night king/walkers and who will rule the 7 kingdoms when it's all said and done between Dany/Jon/Cersei/Sansa.
Fix-edit.

Skills

Snitch
I thought it was garbage. The reunions weren't paid off well at all. The writing and dialogue is soulless. I hate how Sam has become the comedic relief, which is probably because he is chubby.
Just standard typical shit.

The show is just about set pieces and action now.
Is he? That was a pretty deep scene where they told him his entire family line got wiped out.

The delivery of Jon Snows identity was disappointing though

Skills

Snitch
Warning : speculation
anyone else think shit will hit the fan next episode? A quick dramatic end to the action and then the rest of the episodes will be used to piece together what remains of westeros?

Sylar

Is he? That was a pretty deep scene where they told him his entire family line got wiped out.

The delivery of Jon Snows identity was disappointing though
I thought his delivery on both scenes were great. Him saying thank you to Dany for telling him about his families death was sad but well done.
And I liked him meeting with Jon again, and letting him know that hes rightfully King of everything (and questioning whether Dany would react the same way Jon did)