Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That rape scene was odd... and for those that didn't read the books (or simply don't read), we now know the answer to how Joffrey was poisoned.

Update: I could stare at Ellaria Sand's redheaded girlfriend's tits and ass all day.

Second Update: The redhead's name might be Sarine Sofair.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good episode. But man, I hate Sam/Gilly. It's not cool and quirky if you're both so annoying.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Dani has her one decent scene all season. Now watch Sky replay it over and over all season long.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I like the new Daario a lot more, the other guy had a smug face and stupid hair.

Moby

Dick
Bit meh but mainly compared to the last one. Couple of interesting scenes. Specially the one where Tywin convinces Oberyn to serve as a judge. Most of the other stuff was good in laying the groundwork for future. Was no need of that stupid filler scene with the hound and Arya.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Just saw an interview with the director where he says the rape "became consensual by the end". Aside from that being a ridiculously flimsy excuse, I didn't think it even came across that way.

Also, Aiden Gillen's accent was wandering again. Sounded like he was from the west of Ireland this time, though not quite that either.

Also, Danaerys sounds hot when she makes those speeches in a foreign language.

Moby

Dick
Davos is a fantastic actor. Love all his scenes.

Looking forward to what Jamie does now. I think he will get Tyrion out of trouble through some way.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Just saw an interview with the director where he says the rape "became consensual by the end". Aside from that being a ridiculously flimsy excuse, I didn't think it even came across that way.
Let us not get into that kind of discussion again. It was rape pure and simple.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Let us not get into that kind of discussion again. It was rape pure and simple.
Oh yeah, it was definitely rape. I'm just wondering if that was the way they actually intended it to come across or not. Seems like there's a disconnect between what the director said and what came across on screen. Seems weird that the director would try to justify it when it came across as Jamie angrily attacking his sister.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
So Jamie is a rapist? And after he did so well to bounce back from crippling a child.

More Davos, please. He's the man. K-nigit.

If the show was just Charles Dance talking for an hour, it would still be great.

Loved The Hound's line about all the Stark's being beheaded.

Not liking the Sam/Gilly thing. Although it might be over now, that kinda seemed like her ending.

Those cannibal bastards are creepy.

Daenerys did her slave freeing shtick again and flirted with Tremé guy.

Moby

Dick
So Jamie is a rapist? And after he did so well to bounce back from crippling a child.

More Davos, please. He's the man. K-nigit.

If the show was just Charles Dance talking for an hour, it would still be great.

Loved The Hound's line about all the Stark's being beheaded.

Not liking the Sam/Gilly thing. Although it might be over now, that kinda seemed like her ending.

Those cannibal bastards are creepy.

Daenerys did her slave freeing shtick again and flirted with Tremé guy.
I miss Andy Carroll.

Moby

Dick
True a lot of unneeded content, such as The Hound blowing his nose right in front of the camera. I'm not even sure if that was in the script.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
What a dull episode.

The fat guy and the wildling sub plot needs to just feck off already. There was a point in the middle where it was a fat man/Stannis/fat man combo and I almost reached for the fast forward button.

The only good bit was at the end but we've seen that twice before already so again, we learnt nothing new there. :yawn:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Oh yeah, it was definitely rape. I'm just wondering if that was the way they actually intended it to come across or not. Seems like there's a disconnect between what the director said and what came across on screen. Seems weird that the director would try to justify it when it came across as Jamie angrily attacking his sister.
I'm assuming that the consensual bit was when she grabbed him and kissed him back.

MJJ

That rape scene was odd... and for those that didn't read the books (or simply don't read), we now know the answer to how Joffrey was poisoned.

Update: I could stare at Ellaria Sand's redheaded girlfriend's tits and ass all day.

Second Update: The redhead's name might be Sarine Sofair.
How?

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Dull episode, bar the stuff with Tywin. That rape scene is odd unless Jaimie isn't going in the direction I thought he was going in, making him more sympathetic and maybe standing by Tyrion in the whole poison business. Dany is just boring as hell.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Tedious episode. Lots of uninteresting, unimportant and pointless scenes and a couple of good ones. Also, I used to like Aidan Gillen's portrayal of Littlefinger quite a lot but lately he's turning into a cartoon character. I don't know if its his acting or the writing but I was very uncomfortable with the scene on the ship.

Kaos

Wasn't that bad to be fair. After last week's crazy episode this was always going to be a filler to slow things down again. Was glad to see more Tywin airtime.

Show needs less of fat Sam, less of Stannis sitting in his castle being an insipid dick, and Danaerys needs to be more interesting besides hitting up every Middle Eastern city before King's landing freeing slaves and masquerading her dragons.