Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Why are people saying that in terms of the storyline it has been decided it was not a rape.

The director might have said so but the creators who run the main story-line have not explicitly clarified it either way. In-fact they sort of hinted that it might count as rape only. GRM also pretty much agreed that it was depicted as rape in the show.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Why are people saying that in terms of the storyline it has been decided it was not a rape.

The director might have said so but the creators who run the main story-line have not explicitly clarified it either way. In-fact they sort of hinted that it might count as rape only. GRM also pretty much agreed that it was depicted as rape in the show.
Honestly, the director doesn't matter very much story-wise. This guy has directed a total of four episodes for the entire TV show, and will direct two more this season. They use a lot of different directors.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

Why is this even a freaking argument? No means no, Cersei said no, therefore it is rape. I'll grant you, Cersei doesn't try to stop him physically and seems more accommodating than she is vocally but when a woman says "no", that's it. It stops there. It was rape.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
Well it clearly was rape, that's not even an issue for me. The gripe I have, is the shitstorm this has kicked in news outlets and amongst fans. I can understand if people get annoyed at book material being changed, but genuinely being offended by on screen rape when there are much worse things kicking around this show? Baffles me. Tumblr-age grade 1 feminists it seems.
What does it matter if the other things don't cause controversy? People don't get offended in the same way because murder and all that is obviously considered wrong universally and it's been accepted that way since any of us can remember but in reality rape is a minefield and a very touchy subject in modern times so when a director films what is rape and then says it wasn't rape people are going to be pissed off because the guy is clearly abit gone in the head.

Scrumpet

There are no words
The only bit I could call boring was the 15 minutes of Dany steamrolling everything in front of her again. Thought the rest was great.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Far more interesting this time, though it opened with more Dany crap with the self righteousness turned up to full. Thought everyone standing up one at a time during Jon Snow's speech was cheesy as feck.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Good episode I thought, progressed the story nicely.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I hope they haven't killed off another Direwolf. I know they're CGI but they look cool.

About time that they went back to the White Walkers. Probably won't see them again for another 2 or 3 seasons now.

Poor Hodor.

I liked the opening scene. That Targaryen banner looked class too.

Natalie Dormer, oh my.

Liked the scene between Tyrion and Jamie. For such a hateful family, at least they seem to have one genuine relationship.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I hope they haven't killed off another Direwolf. I know they're CGI but they look cool.

About time that they went back to the White Walkers. Probably won't see them again for another 2 or 3 seasons now.

Poor Hodor.

I liked the opening scene. That Targaryen banner looked class too.

Natalie Dormer, oh my.

Liked the scene between Tyrion and Jamie. For such a hateful family, at least they seem to have one genuine relationship.
I'm wondering whether they are going to make the Lannisters a family you start rooting for and have Jamie, Tyrion and Tommen turn against Cersi and Tywin. It's only those two that are bad characters in that family now.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Anyone got a link for this episode? Can't find any.

Moby

Dick
The Hodor scene was by far the saddest thing I've seen in this show so far. absolute cnuts to do that.

I also didn't get the point of the Natalie Dormer scene. What was she doing exactly?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Well, every other or third episode something actually happens, that's how it keeps me hooked.
They have to set up things for them to happen, Rasmus. Sometimes that means an episode or two where characters travel to places.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
How was that a dull episode? Every scene was progressing a storyline and setting up another. We know that Jaime is not on his sister's side anymore, The entire Joffrey murder details, Starks are crossing paths again, Snow will clash with The Boltons, and we get another glimpse at the White Walkers.

Dante

Average bang
Not a spoiler, but a retrospective on a previous episode now that we know who did what and how. The clues were all there:
I've just rewatched the Joffrey wedding episode in light of nana Tyrrel's admission. It's all so obvious now. Just before she tells Sansa that killing someone at a wedding would be horrid, you can see her pluck the crystal from the necklace. Then, as she walks past Joffrey's cup, you can hear an audible klink as she drops it into his drink.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also it had Ser Pounce. Anybody who doesn't like him knows where the metaphorical door is.