Gareth Bale Transfer Speculation | Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I get the feeling that is fee is going to shock us, and be a good chunk more than what's being reported. Madrid are that desperate.
I doubt it. Madrid haven't got as much money as you think. Which is why the negotiations are taking so long. Madrid want to pay in instalments.

Tibs

Hope this is signed off and finished tomorrow so we can have a muppetfest over Ronaldo for a few days

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeah, I'm buying into the idea that the Bale transfer will set off a flurry of other deals. Then there's the Suarez deal on top of that, the possibility of Mata or Luiz leaving Chelsea, Arsenal with money to burn and I wouldn't rule out Chelsea making another bid for Rooney either.

alastair

ignorant
Yeah, I'm buying into the idea that the Bale transfer will set off a flurry of other deals. Then there's the Suarez deal on top of that, the possibility of Mata or Luiz leaving Chelsea, Arsenal with money to burn and I wouldn't rule out Chelsea making another bid for Rooney either.

Why do you think Levy has basically been arguing the toss over minor details for about six weeks now? Everyone in the world knows he's gone - he's just trying to scupper other deals. We won't see an announcement until about Saturday morning.

Jacob

Shirts on sale before the official statement, not very professional.
If I was a store manager I would do the same given the odds of him signing. Might as well jump the gun and steal some market share before the other shops start selling.

20solskjaer

That's the CL font this year - looks like a fecked-up Euro-Japanese script. Horrible.
Presume you mean champions league with CL? If so, you're wrong

Only madrid use it, they'll use it for league games aswell as domestic cups, it even has little madris badges on the numbers

surf

Not sure how Bale will be able to compete with Ronaldo as the main man, free role, taking all the free kicks and penalties. He might just find himself playing as a winger and taking corners.

Dante

Average bang
Not sure how Bale will be able to compete with Ronaldo as the main man, free role, taking all the free kicks and penalties. He might just find himself playing as a winger and taking corners.
That's exactly what I think will happen. Bale's movement in the box isn't good enough for him to abandon his wing on a regular basis. It's something he could get away with at Spurs, but at Real he'll be surrounded by much better finishers than him.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
"Always in for the best players" says Moyes. Why the feck didn't he just say no?

We have never competed for the top players and if this summer is anything to go by that is likely only to worsen.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Wouldn't be hilarious if Spuds fannied around for so long that the deal doesn't actually go though in time?

Monkey boy would have to come back with his tail between his legs, they've spend £M's & £M's on the back of a big fee that doesn't materialise, he'd be right pissed off all season & we could pick him up for £35M next year!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That's exactly what I think will happen. Bale's movement in the box isn't good enough for him to abandon his wing on a regular basis. It's something he could get away with at Spurs, but at Real he'll be surrounded by much better finishers than him.
I agree with you, though Bale isn't yet the finished article I think, he seems eager to progress and by all accounts is a real professional. Though his hissy fit and decision not to train with Spurs indeed contradicts this, but if his transfer to Real materializes, I think he'll be great in La Liga.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Wouldn't be hilarious if Spuds fannied around for so long that the deal doesn't actually go though in time?

Monkey boy would have to come back with his tail between his legs, they've spend £M's & £M's on the back of a big fee that doesn't materialise, he'd be right pissed off all season & we could pick him up for £35M next year!

I was thinking the same thing. Madrid, after having seen how much Spurs have spent, could deliberately let the deal fall through knowing that they could pick him up for a much lower price next time.

NinjaFletch

Another article in the long line of the BBC reporting things as news that aren't news in the Bale saga.

Of course they have agreed personal terms, the cynic in you says they did it months ago.

gaz1185

Funny how the Lamela deal is announced and a couple of minutes later Bale has agreed terms with Madrid. :boring:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
500 bananas and as many nuts as he can eat per week.
Bale and Marcelo attacking down the left flank. Bale gets the ball and the crowd starts making monkey noises as he passes it on to Marcelo, who in turn misinterprets the noises, picks up the ball, hoofs it into the crowd and walks off the pitch :lol:

Please say more than Ronaldo, would be the cherry on the very large cake that is this saga.
I can't see that happening due to Bale's eagerness to join them, though the world most expensive player :wenger: should be the world's highest paid as well ;)

Imagine the handbags. We'd buy Ronnie tomorrow.

I think I read somewhere he'll be closer to Ramos and Casillas "range" than Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.