Gareth Bale Transfer Speculation | Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We won't ever sign him, RF. Ronaldo's return is more likely.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Real are loaded. And with the Higauin money, I imagine it will be an easy decision too.
They've already spent alot more than the Higuain-money on other targets though. I heard that they've gotten loans to purchase players in previous seasons, but due to the economic climate in Spain, they are no longer able to do that? Surely that would limit their spending powers?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, with debt.

Until the Spanish government Bale them out again, that is.

They make more money than you do and have far less debt than you do.

Buying Bale is simple for them.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
They've already spent alot more than the Higuain-money on other targets though. I heard that they've gotten loans to purchase players in previous seasons, but due to the economic climate in Spain, they are no longer able to do that? Surely that would limit their spending powers?

Not really. Their debts are very manageable and they are the biggest money machine in football.

Check out the swiss ramble reports on them for the details. But their finances are very sound.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Heard PBT on talkshite yesterday saying Madrid pull in 150m a year in TV rights every year, that's without adding in other factors. So i don't really see it being any more of a problem than it was buying Ronaldo.

They never have to honor any of their debts anyway, as the Government usually sorts that out for them!
Agree. If Madrid want him, they'll pay to get him. No issue.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
Heard PBT on talkshite yesterday saying Madrid pull in 150m a year in TV rights every year, that's without adding in other factors. So i don't really see it being any more of a problem than it was buying Ronaldo.

They never have to honor any of their debts anyway, as the Government usually sorts that out for them!
They pulled in close to 200m Euros last season in broadcast revenue due to the lopsided TV deal in Spain.

I am sure they can spend another 85m Euros on Bale, even with thier already spent 70m Euros. Though they'll need another striker now that Higuain is gone. Either of the touted Zlatan or Suarez will cost a mini fortune. Bale on top of that is not possible, IMO.

Also, I cannot fathom both Bale or Ronaldo in the same team. I think it will be one or the other.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They should sign Suarez for a goofy amount instead of Bale.

Surarez/Ronaldo/Isco in attack would be quite formidable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If they did sign Bale, who will lose a starting place?

I guess the prime candidate is Ozil, but he has been regularly 1 of Madrids best players.

Unless they move Ronaldo to a permanent strikers position, but this limits him somewhat for me - I think he likes the space he gets on the wing so that he can fire in his long range shots.

With Isco and now Bale in the team, it would certainly leave them with a very good player being unhappy.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
With madrid selling Higuain for a great sum of money, nothing will stop them from posting the inevitable mega bid for bale this summer. No chance for us.

walsh

If we somehow pulled the rabbit out of the hat and signed Bale, we would waltz the league title this year and probably for a few to come. Personally, I reckon he will fancy a crack at the PL title before going abroad, I genuinely think if the same deal was put on the table from us and Madrid, he would choose us.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
With madrid selling Higuain for a great sum of money, nothing will stop them from posting the inevitable mega bid for bale this summer. No chance for us.
I wouldn't worry about it. There's no chance for RM either ... which is why Marca is getting increasingly hysterical about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.