Garnacho: What is his potential?

Hammondo

Maybe. Seems less moronic when he's winning games for a top 6 team in the premier league, though.
Not really, he's done nothing really, there's always some players people are overhyping, almost none do well.

Captmfla

He's pretty strong. His ability to move into the box and wins penalties is not to be underestimated.

Baneofthegame

Needs to improve his decision making going forward, second penalty was fortunate and he wasted some good opportunities, still 19 so plenty of time and the future looks good for him.

Dannn411

He is rapid and has an engine. Those are his calling cards. Now he needs to build out the other parts of his game. Passing, decision making and finishing.

ManRed

He is still a kid eager to impress. He has the right talent, mindset and role model to become one of the best. Might not be next year but it will come. Him and Hoijlund should be the key players we build our attack around for next few years.

Malons

All the wires and component parts are there, but part of any player's development is putting them all together. He's still young, of course he'll be raw. Over the next couple of years I think he'll be a beast. He's 19. This is his learning phase.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He is better on the left. His finishing definitely is
He's been better on the right this season. I think people forget that he wasn't playing well for most of this season up until he switched sides. Basically no better than Rashford other than working a bit harder defensively.

Right: 4 goals, 1 assist in 9 games worth of minutes on the right
Left: 3 goals, 2 assists in 18.5 games worth of minutes on the left

Wasn't just goals either, his general play was poor.

That's not to say that it was the switch of sides which definitely improved his form. Maybe it was coincidence and it would've happened anyway.

kthanksbye

With the way we've been developing and taking care or talents, the potential is very low. He'll need a better set of people around him in terms of coaching and managing him for him to be able to bring it all together, right now he just has pace and intent.

Pickle85

With the way we've been developing and taking care or talents, the potential is very low. He'll need a better set of people around him in terms of coaching and managing him for him to be able to bring it all together, right now he just has pace and intent.
A nineteen year old starting for Manchester United and producing, but his potential is very low?? I don't understand this place sometimes...

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
There aren't too many 19 year old players that have much more than that, in fact, playing in a dysfunctional team, IMO, will improve his overall play more than playing in a good team

pacifictheme

I think he's mega. He's clearly talented, but raw still, which is fine. He will develop, or certainly should.

What I like the most is his attitude, which seems really good. Works hard and doesn't act like a bellend. He's established now (rightly or wrongly) and hasn't lost that at all. Think he will be a great player if he reaches his potential.

kthanksbye

A nineteen year old starting for Manchester United and producing, but his potential is very low?? I don't understand this place sometimes...
I don't think his potential is low because he doesn't have the talent, he's obviously extremely good, but I don't trust the environment he's in to support him to realise his potential. Perhaps I should've worded my post better.

Foolsgold21

His ceiling is very very high.

Struggling to think of another teenager who’s had more of an impact in the league this season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Maybe I've become accustomed to lazy wankers stinking of the place for us but I find his work ethic to be absolutely phenomenal.

buckooo1978

my only worry with his is we overplay him....

Mainoo too.

Giggs had such a long career thanks in part to the way we managed him and Giggs understanding his own body.

Hope we can do the same with Garnacho

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Think I underrated him, he's a bigger talent than Martinelli. Didn't expect him to be this impactful already. Adding so much to his game. Doesn't only go on the inside now, but really good usage of his left foot. He could explode next season in terms of numbers.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Need to build a better team around him. Need to protect his development. Mainoo too

Dannn411

Its literally just finishing and decision making in the final third that is left and he will be a megastar. I hope we have given him a long-term contract. We need to give him one of those Todd Boehly contracts. 8 years.

Amsterdam Devil

The way he kept working and making runs with and without the ball was unreal. Even in extra time he kept running.

AFC NimbleThumb

Its literally just finishing and decision making in the final third that is left and he will be a megastar. I hope we have given him a long-term contract. We need to give him one of those Todd Boehly contracts. 8 years.
Pretty big ‘justs’ but he is only 19.

We’ve got a real talent on our hands there though.

Mike Smalling

Mainoo too.

Giggs had such a long career thanks in part to the way we managed him and Giggs understanding his own body.

This won't be a big concern for the rest of the season with only the league and FA Cup to play for. We will have a week in between most games with a couple of exceptions.

But next year we will have Europe again, so unless we improve on our squad depth, it will definitely be a challenge to manage these players correctly.

STYLOISRED

I used to feel jealous anytime I watched Frederico Chiesa play for Juve because of how much he would constantly pin down his fullback with runs. Garnacho reminds me of him.

Dannn411

Pretty big ‘justs’ but he is only 19.

We’ve got a real talent on our hands there though.
You're right. Those are often the hardest two to nail down but i'm hoping that his young age and being around the right people at club and national team level can help him improve in these areas quickly. His foundation at 19 is easily amongst the best a coach can work with. He is always getting in the right positions and he has an unbelievable engine and mentality.

Pickle85

He's really good. Caused his full back difficulties all day, kept him honest and was always a willing runner. Just needs to improve his final ball (learn to lift his vision earlier) and add more goals to his game.

Red_Aaron

There was a point in the first half of ET when I turned to my son and said Garna is done, he looked absolutely fcked and considering the shift he'd put in up to that point you couldn't blame him - he'd ran his heart out all day

How he managed to then find those extra energy reserves in the 2nd half of ET I cannot fathom. I know he's young but the intensity of top level football is scary, to produce that sprint in the dying moments and win us the game is just extraordinary. The heart on this kid unbelievable, all his great quality aside it's this fighting spirit that will make him a player. He's brilliant and a shining light for the future

Zed 101

Him, Mainoo and Hoijlund look a different breed in this team

If Garnacho wasn't playing in this shitshow of a team, he would be one of the hottest players in world football

Havak

Pokemon master
I think his potential is extremely high really. Never truly know how some players will develop - he's outperforming Ronaldo at the same age for example. Does that mean I think he'll be more than half the player Cristiano has been in his career? No. But even being half as good, he would be a top class player! He's 19, his decision making isn't always the best. That's where his inconsistency lies, but he has pace and determination. He always runs at players which is something I want in a United wide man. I think he will be a better player than Rashford personally, maybe not score quite as many goals in his career, but still an overall better player. He gets kicked as much as anyone but always gets up and goes again. He's developing really well. Probably ahead of schedule - we need to sign a couple of attacking players so we can share the minutes around.

The major difference at the moment is that Mainoo, Garnacho, and Hojlund are coming into a team where they're probably the stars and we have that expectation of them. Whereas Ronaldo, Rooney, Class of 92 etc were all coming into an established top side with brilliant pros to turn to in the tough games/situations. I hope we sign a few players of that ilk in their mid-to-late 20's this Summer.

Unfortunately, I think he'll get his first true big contract with us in 2-3 years time and then after 5~ years he will probably be coerced by Real Madrid and we'll sell him for over £100m :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Mainoo too.

Don't think it's a huge concern this season, he's got loads of consecutive starts this season but since mid December we've had basically the lightest schedule among top half teams with no league cup or European football. We play no midweek games so it's fine to start every game.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Don't think it's a huge concern this season, he's got loads of consecutive starts this season but since mid December we've had basically the lightest schedule among top half teams with no league cup or European football. We play no midweek games so it's fine to start every game.
Physically there's no concern but mental tiredness may still be a thing to watch out for