Garnacho: What is his potential?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Physically there's no concern but mental tiredness may still be a thing to watch out for
There should be; youngsters often just break down with injury/injuries if overtaxed. There's fallout for massive output if it's a constant. Very rarely do youngsters get through unscathed or without consequence, which is why he needs his minutes managed even if he looks fine on the surface.

Wolfbot

He's likely to be top class. Star player for a struggling United side at 19. He's got the raw materials and needs to improve his decision making now to become a great player. This part of the game should come with experience.

Signs of it in the winner yesterday when he passed to Amad, even a few months ago I reckon Garnacho tries to take on the last defender and doesn't pass, so signs of gradual improvement already hopefully.

Son

I think his potential is extremely high really. Never truly know how some players will develop - he's outperforming Ronaldo at the same age for example. Does that mean I think he'll be more than half the player Cristiano has been in his career? No. But even being half as good, he would be a top class player! He's 19, his decision making isn't always the best. That's where his inconsistency lies, but he has pace and determination. He always runs at players which is something I want in a United wide man. I think he will be a better player than Rashford personally, maybe not score quite as many goals in his career, but still an overall better player. He gets kicked as much as anyone but always gets up and goes again. He's developing really well. Probably ahead of schedule - we need to sign a couple of attacking players so we can share the minutes around.

The major difference at the moment is that Mainoo, Garnacho, and Hojlund are coming into a team where they're probably the stars and we have that expectation of them. Whereas Ronaldo, Rooney, Class of 92 etc were all coming into an established top side with brilliant pros to turn to in the tough games/situations. I hope we sign a few players of that ilk in their mid-to-late 20's this Summer.

Unfortunately, I think he'll get his first true big contract with us in 2-3 years time and then after 5~ years he will probably be coerced by Real Madrid and we'll sell him for over £100m :lol:
Rooney was a ridiculous footballer at 18. Like Mainoo I think Rooney and Mainoo are the best teenagers we ever had at the club in the modern era overall.

Ronaldo was obviously the most impressive with skills but he wasn’t as well rounded a footballer in his teens.

Ronaldo’s improvement from 21-23 was just insane though. Never seen a player improve that quickly. Everyone thought Rooney was ahead of him but then Ronnie just turned into a super athlete so fast.

I still don’t think his athleticism has ever been matched in the sport. Speed, acceleration, footwork and also heading ability with his leap. It was something freakish so can’t expect anyone else to replicate that.

Last edited:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Rooney was a ridiculous footballer at 18. 16 Like Mainoo I think Rooney and Mainoo are the best teenagers we ever had at the club in the modern era overall.

Ronaldo was obviously the most impressive with skills but he wasn’t as well rounded a footballer in his teens.

Ronaldo’s improvement from 21-23 was just insane though. Never seen a player improve that quickly. Everyone thought Rooney was ahead of him but then Ronnie just turned into superman so fast.
Corrected it

Pscholes18

Sky is the limit for Nacho, still young....needs to learn to switch it up when on the ball...tends to shoot too much, a lot like Rashford...yesterday he kept going to his left toward the goal line. Sometimes his mind doesn't think as fast as his body moves and loses/falls over the ball. But he is exciting, not afraid to take on anyone and has a motor. Seems to play for the badge more than others.

klayton88

If he has any sense he'll be looking to move to a proper club. He's wasted here.