Garnacho: What is his potential?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Early signs are very promising. How far can he go? Will he make the left wing spot his own already this season?

Mickson

No, I don't think he's ready. He is still very raw and has a lot to work on. But his drive, power, and finishing (most of the time) is very, very good. He¨s very powerful. I used to compare him to Fernando Torres as his technique and decision-making need improving.

Can he play on the right side as well?
I would say no. His strength is exactly how he took his goal. He actually would be quite useless on the right IMO.

Kag

I said the other day that his ruggedness and tenacity is why he’s so exciting and that goal is a perfect example.

I think we’ve had more talented players come through in recent years, but Garnacho is certainly one of the most professional match -ready I can recall seeing.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Our biggest potential in decade

Which he will reach in Juve or Barca :( . His contract situation worries me now

Kag

No, I don't think he's ready. He is still very raw and has a lot to work on. But his drive, power, and finishing (most of the time) is very, very good. He¨s very powerful. I used to compare him to Fernando Torres as his technique and decision-making need improving.

I would say no. His strength is exactly how he took his goal. He actually would be quite useless on the right IMO.
I really don’t think he is at all. In terms of where he takes up space and how he approaches the game he’s very wise.

Stadjer

I said the other day that his ruggedness and tenacity is why he’s so exciting and that goal is a perfect example.

I think we’ve had more talented players come through in recent years, but Garnacho is certainly one of the most professional match ready I can recall seeing.
Who exactly? Greenwood is/was very talented but who are these other players? You arent refering to McT or Williams i assume?

Kag

Who exactly? Greenwood is/was very talented but who are these other players? You arent refering to McT or Williams i assume?
In the last tens years, I’d say Pogba, Greenwood, Januzaj and Rashford all had more star power at first glance. Not that it means much, which is my point.

SirMonteyne

To be fair he reminds me of januzaj, hope he acts professionally and grab it. Excited to see him more

Gaiialia

It's very early to tell. I understand we want and need a great youngster coming up to the first team but he has played what? 5? 6 games so far?

Let's try to be calm and don't push ourselves where we've been before with other youngsters. Of course he looks promising but that's all by now. I love watching him working without the ball, that's promising. And he understands really well when to ocuppy and attack the space. I love that.

Fully Fledged

Early signs are very promising. How far can he go? Will he make the left wing spot his own already this season?
I like his directness. He seems willing to run at the defence. I hope he doesn't lose that when he gets criticised when it doesn't come off.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Could end up being world class if everything goes down his way, we should nail him down for a few more years, see how he develops.

Bwuk

He’d easily outscore Sancho over the course of a season.

He’ll be a starter by the end of the season.

talking robot

He's going to put pressure on Rashford and Sancho in the short term, and possibly take one of the starting spots in the front three in the medium term. If he establishes himself as a regular in the first team by the end of the season, it probably means we won't need to spend on Gakpo (and can instead concentrate on bringing in #9 for the forward areas).

Ibi Dreams

Seems a better choice than Elanga but that's all I can say so far. And that may not even be true! Very nice goal but it's just one game, and he was anonymous otherwise

DevTheRed

He’s got all the talent in the world and hopefully he keeps his feet firmly on the ground. Mental ability is what separates the likes of Ravel and Mason from becoming world class players.

He’s got a really good coach in ETH to help him come through and hopefully the club help manage him personally too. I like that ETH made him prove himself after the debacle in pre season and glad Garnacho didn’t shy away from the challenge.. says a lot about the lad!

High hopes for him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems a better choice than Elanga but that's all I can say so far. And that may not even be true! Very nice goal but it's just one game, and he was anonymous otherwise
Hardly anonymous. First half alone he could have had 2 goals and an assist.

2nd half the whole team fell apart. We didn't even have a shot on goal.

Havak

Pokemon master
Hope he does well whatever the case. One of my best friends (his wife is Spanish) is actually friends with Garnacho's parents. Hopefully they can convince them to stay in Manchester :lol: