Gary Neville

cyberman

Gary’s a bit thick but generally likeable. Nothing he says should be taken too seriously. He suits the low brow punditry on Sky and that’s fine. Of course he has to interview Klopp who, despite being Liverpool manager, appears to be a top bloke.
But he didn't start out low brow. He was being hailed as the new breed of analysis, he was able to break down tactics and cut through the bullshit.
Now he's agenda preaching about Pogbas instagram when its in the distant past, or when he spends 90 minutes calling a side embarrassing as a co commentator.
There isn't much difference between the Neville brothers at the minute.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am not his biggest fan but dead to you? seriously?

devilish

RIP Gary.

You were always in my top 6 of Class of '92.
Same. I always thought he was the best player of the class of 92 after Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Butt, Gillespie (feck his gambling problems) and probably Thornley if only injury hasn't ruined him. Ok lets simply say he's the most talented Neville after Tracey Neville. That doesn't cut it either. Ok then, the best person to find Phil a job. That's more appropriate

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I am not his biggest fan but dead to you? seriously?
Same. I always thought he was the best player of the class of 92 after Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Butt, Gillespie (feck his gambling problems) and probably Thornley if only injury hasn't ruined him. Ok lets simply say he's the most talented Neville after Tracey Neville. That doesn't cut it either. Ok then, the best person to find Phil a job. That's more appropriate
You are just a sadist, that's why you keep him alive.:lol:

devilish

What I find hilarious is that he seem to be an expert about everything. Take Pogba's situation. Pogba has been working under a toxic manager who lost three consecutive dressing rooms (including our own). How can Gaz ever relate to that? FFS he only worked under SAF. Gaz's expertise on the matter is probably the same of an Eton student when asked what it feels starving for days. Its funny because if you read SAF's autobiography you'll learn that Gaz was hardly one of the easiest players to manage. So if he could be a nuisance to a legend whose man management was legendary then imagine how would he reacted with someone as toxic as Jose Mourinho.

devilish

You are just a sadist, that's why you keep him alive.:lol:
Oh comeon, the relationship between the two Nevilles had probably inspired Kelly Gordon to write that iconic song which start 'the road is long'. It certainly reminds me of them whenever I hear it on the radio.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
This is my whole point, why is it his job to go and interview the Liverpool manager when they have a full squad of ex Pool players to do that ? And none of their ex players would come into Carrington and interview our manager because they have too much pride.

He's gone down in my estimations with that move.
Because they're terrible and nobody wants to watch them?

You'll fit in right with them with your horrible overreaction though.

Last edited:

StrettyEnder07

Couldn't find a thread to put this in so apologies if it should be elsewhere.

Just finished watching the match and get an advert of Gary brown nosing Klopp on a couch in what i can only assume is in Klopps office at melwood.

I get that he is doing his job and all that but how many ex Pool players turned pundits come into Carrington and interview our manager ? That's right none, it shouldn't happen.

They shouldn't be asking him to do that and he should be refusing to do it.

Am i over reacting here ? I really don't think i am being unreasonable to be honest.
Really? Jesus some of our fans make me cringe! A life of service to United, christ knows how many trophies won, but he had to do an interview for his job and now he is dead to me!

No words, embarrassing

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Klopp: I'm dead to Henry Winter because I spent £75million on ONE player
Well, being so adamant he wouldn't do such a thing, and how it wasn't his way, and how big fees were killing football.

THEN doing it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not entirely related, but from a certain angle, Ole looks a bit like Moyes...

Riiiight.

On another note, I'm sure you're a decent fella, but your username doesn't half bring out some high level of rage in me.
One of the most average Liverpool players of the last two decades, but scored against us fairly regularly. That and being outed as an absolute lying disgrace in the Evra situation.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Riiiight.

On another note, I'm sure you're a decent fella, but your username doesn't half bring out some high level of rage in me.
One of the most average Liverpool players of the last two decades, but scored against us fairly regularly. That and being outed as an absolute lying disgrace in the Evra situation.
That's the thing with Kuyt, he's completely average, but still went on to play in a CL final, a world cup final and win a few trophies. Imagine what an actual good player could've achieved with his mentality.

That being said, I think Dirk Kuyt is the most preachy self important cnut to ever wear a Feyenoord shirt, but it was either this or RayneWooney and this won out. I'm not very creative with names.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's the thing with Kuyt, he's completely average, but still went on to play in a CL final, a world cup final and win a few trophies. Imagine what an actual good player could've achieved with his mentality.

That being said, I think Dirk Kuyt is the most preachy self important cnut to ever wear a Feyenoord shirt, but it was either this or RayneWooney and this won out. I'm not very creative with names.
Rayne Wooney would actually make me chuckle. Well, for the first few reads. Maybe not 6,000 posts down the line.

Precaution

Some people expect the professional world of journalism by ex players to be some sort of high school playground adhered to by a tribalism of rules, gotta make the $'s and £'s and if that was the case, GNev would be working inhouse as a propaganda puppet for MUTV, however he knows where his bread is buttered so he has to show some level of impartiality.

tomaldinho1

Might be time to nip this thread in the bud?

Basically a United Legend doesn't hate the current Liverpool manager, a German from Stuttgart with no ties to Liverpool other than he's doing the job he's paid to do, which happens to be for our rivals. He's not really done much since he arrived but this season they actually might win something and suddenly any interaction with him is criminal.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I have a vision in which he is dressed very sharply and drives an Aston Martin. He infiltrates Melwood and plants a recording device in Klopp's office. Klopp is stroking a cat called Mo. He would make a good Bond villain. Gary is caught poking around in the boot room and is cuffed to a radiator. Klopp plans to kill him but it's too windy. He steps out to talk to his doorman, Virgil, allowing Gary to escape using his laser pen. Gary is forced to hide out in Valencia again and pretend to be a football manager until it all blows over.
:lol:

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I have a vision in which he is dressed very sharply and drives an Aston Martin. He infiltrates Melwood and plants a recording device in Klopp's office. Klopp is stroking a cat called Mo. He would make a good Bond villain. Gary is caught poking around in the boot room and is cuffed to a radiator. Klopp plans to kill him but it's too windy. He steps out to talk to his doorman, Virgil, allowing Gary to escape using his laser pen. Gary is forced to hide out in Valencia again and pretend to be a football manager until it all blows over.
:lol::lol:

Matt007a

Biggest overreaction ever! It's part of his job to interview people. He can't refuse to interview someone because they're at Liverpool. If you care so much that one of our greatest servants of a generation is "dead to you" then I think you've lost all sense of reality.

jem

Just finished watching the match and get an advert of Gary brown nosing Klopp on a couch in what i can only assume is in Klopps office at melwood.

I get that he is doing his job and all that but how many ex Pool players turned pundits come into Carrington and interview our manager ? That's right none, it shouldn't happen.

Am i over reacting here ? I really don't think i am being unreasonable to be honest.
So you have no problem with the likes of Souness and his 'objective' views regarding United. I honestly don't get all the Neville hate on this forum. Yes, his backing of Mourinho was a bit questionable, but he did the same with Wenger, so it strikes me that he's just a bit old-school in that respect. The guy obviously bleeds United, so I don't get why you'd be offended by his doing his paid media job and interviewing a manager from a rival.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Gary Neville is a red,
Is a red,
Is a red,
Gary Neville is a red,
He hates Pogba (and jymufc20)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Grow up :lol:

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
OP, you're lacking perspective, so here's some:

Manchester United and Liverpool are football clubs. Establishments that employ players and other people who go about playing the GAME of football. We HUMANS have been playing this game for a while now and people seem to enjoy it a lot all over the world. So we all started getting together to watch the best players compete at this game.

Liverpool FC is a football club. They're not terrorists. They didn't kill your family. They didn't bully you in school. They're just a bunch of people who got employed to either play or contribute in some other way in the GAME of football. They all worked very hard to get where they are, since there a hundreds of thousands of people who are trying to get to their place, and hence why they get paid a lot of money.

We all enjoy watching this game continuously, throughout the year, throughout our lives, but some of us (you) forget what it is. You seem to have forgotten what anything is actually.

Gary Neville, if you weren't aware, is just a guy. He sh*ts in the morning, eats junk food on occasion, watches p*rn, argues with his wife sometimes, and then goes to work where he talks about/to people about the GAME of football. He used to play it - he was famously good at it since he made it to a level where the majority of players never make it to. And now he talks about it.

He's never met you. He doesn't know who you are. He didn't mean to cause you to be upset. He's not even thinking about the reasons that you might be upset about. He's just living his life, same as you. He even, just like you, sometimes has a go at people (the whole Pogba instagram photo thing a couple weeks back) and looses his cool about petty things, so surely that could make you relate to him even more?

So please relax, take a bath or something. Eat some ice cream. Say something nice and warm to your wife/girlfriend/mother/friend/dog/a stranger. And quit posting negative rubbish. There's so much better things to occupy your mind with - like who to get for next week's Fantasy Premier League round, or how many ants live in the world - it's actually 10,000 trillion! Isn't that f*cking crazy!
That is fecking crazy to be fair.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I think it's the way they are sat that got me, i can see a thigh rub coming any minute.
It's an idiotic way to conduct an interview, put them in individual comfy chairs facing each other, by all means, but sitting sideways on a sofa like that, they look like a bunch of twats and that leg tucked underneath is going to go to sleep, sooner or later.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Apparently Gary and Phil no longer sleep in bunk beds with United crests on the duvets. They're dead to me.

lysglimt

Scout

Nah you are just being stupid

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Apparently Gary and Phil no longer sleep in bunk beds with United crests on the duvets. They're dead to me.
That's only half the story. According to fachtual reports the following happened:

Phil: I slept with your wife, Gary hahahahaha

Gary: You're dead to me!