GB News; UK Right Leaning 24 Hour 'News' Channel

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I keep commenting on his tweets and ending with #craftywank hoping for a reaction, but nothing yet.
You're not alone. In the past 24 hours there have been 55 tweets directed at him with that hashtag.

Sorta pointless as I think he can just block a hashtag and tweets for it won't show up in his feed but it keeps it in the public conscious I guess.

Last edited:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
You're not alone. In the past 24 hours there have been 55 tweets directed at him with that hashtag.

Sorta pointless as I think he can just block a hashtag and tweets for it won't show up in his feed but it keeps it in the public conscious I guess.
To be honest I only do it for my own amusement, it makes me chuckle.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can’t say I’ve ever been aware of Eamon Holmes political views but I just assume by him joining this lot that he’s a cnut.

Am I being unfair?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
GB News: all foreigners are scum and if they're drowning then tough shit - feck them. And feck the snowflakes and the gays as well.

Also GB News: it's very rude and unprofessional not to finish my haircut.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is there a more annoying cnut than Sophie Corcoran? Can’t believe someone so dim can be given a platform to speak on.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Had no idea who she was so Googled her and found this:

https://www.durhamsu.com/candidate-hub/officer/sophie-corcoran

Bloody hell, full of stupid buzzwords and contradicts herself every 2 lines, it reads like a 12 year old wrote it. What a moron.
Just had a read through that properly.

some quality lines -

“University isn’t a place to preach politics or social justice, it’s a place to learn.”

- “I’m hard working - I literally never stop.”

- “I’m humble, down to earth and love spoons most people want to be SU president just to improve their CV or start their politics career, but for me, I already have a career in media so I don’t need to use this to create my career, I’m doing it because I’m genuinely just fed up of how it is being run and the type of people that get voted in time after time.”

:lol: :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

some quality lines -

“University isn’t a place to preach politics or social justice, it’s a place to learn.”

- “I’m humble, down to earth and love spoons most people want to be SU president just to improve their CV or start their politics career, but for me, I already have a career in media so I don’t need to use this to create my career, I’m doing it because I’m genuinely just fed up of how it is being run and the type of people that get voted in time after time.”

It’s almost parody, it’s ridiculous.

nimic

something nice
Scout

some quality lines -

You missed some:

I’m tough and very well connected so I can get good speakers and people who would give good career advice etc in, I Don’t take rubbish from anyone nor do I take no for an answer.

So in truth the reason I’m running is because I’m fed up of these elitist woke Marxists running our student unions and putting their nonsensical social justice campaigns ahead of things that actually impact students.

I’m tired of the woke nonsense, I don’t care about decolonising Durham or any of that rubbish.

Honestly the video is even worse, is this girl really on TV? She's got zero charisma.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You missed some:

I’m tough and very well connected so I can get good speakers and people who would give good career advice etc in, I Don’t take rubbish from anyone nor do I take no for an answer.

So in truth the reason I’m running is because I’m fed up of these elitist woke Marxists running our student unions and putting their nonsensical social justice campaigns ahead of things that actually impact students.

I’m tired of the woke nonsense, I don’t care about decolonising Durham or any of that rubbish.

Honestly the video is even worse, is this girl really on TV? She's got zero charisma.
Yeah, it’s awful. Could have posted the whole thing. :lol:

They invite her on for loads of the debates. Seems like she’s trying to be a mini Katie Hopkins.

Flying high

Why don't young university goers vote Conservative?
I'm sure, like in every demographic, some of them do vote tory simply from growing up in right wing households. But I'd imagine, for many of these, they are entering a more cerebral setting than they have previously experienced. It's not easy to justify a racist/homophobic or generally intolerant attitude in academic terms. Just look at the sort of mental contortions people like Jordan Peterson have to go through.

Arguing from an economic standpoint is increasingly difficult as well. Even before Johnson. We have no more assets for the tories to sell off, apart from what's left of the NHS. Trickle down economics has largely been proven not to work for the majority. Even keeping the status quo is a hard sell when house prices are so out of reach for young people.

Apart from attacking the left, I don't know what argument the right really has anymore. If political party names had to be descriptive, the tories would now be The Anti-Trans party, featuring random bursts of manufactured outrage(Donations welcome).

I was watching a Louis Rossmann video earlier talking about his recent 'right to repair' victory is the US and how it had gained bi-partisan support. He started to list the reasons why the left were in favour of this and all the time, whilst agreeing with the reasons, I was wondering what his reasons would be for right wing support. All he could come up with was not wanting to be told you're too stupid by big tech companies.

This from someone who seems to consider himself more to the right of the political spectrum. And you hear it all the time: The left think they are so smart! It's literally a playground level of comeback when someone says something..... clever.

That's where we are. In a world, or country at least, where we can't have hugely popular policies, because we don't like to be told what to do. Or we just don't like the messenger.