General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oscie

As a life long Labour voter, member up until October last year I have to vote Lib Dem. Have to. Only party standing on an unequivocally pro-EU, anti-hard brexit platform.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
So can the Lib Dems get big gains as the only party (alongside SNP) promising to block BREXIT? Can BREXIT be blocked now Article 50 has been triggered?

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Let's be honest here too. This is indy ref 2 in all but name
Of course. :D But the SNP was quite transparent about it, in their manifesto and after May's stubborness and ignorance of Scottish concerns.

Unlikely lad

As a life long Labour voter, member up until October last year I have to vote Lib Dem. Have to. Only party standing on an unequivocally pro-EU, anti-hard brexit platform.
I agree with your sentiment, but it really depends on your constituency though.

settembrini

Smart play, Corbyn will fail in the campaign by himself but the 'you're supporting Brexit' line will be the icing on top. I don't see the Lib Dems causing any upsets with 2 months to try and tell the nation who the feck they are.
Yep. The Tories have called this right and will get an increased majority and a larger mandate.

There is no serious opposition atm. Which is bad, obviously, no matter who you 'support'.

Smores

You should vote for whichever non-tory party is more likely to win your seat. Its that simple

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I reckon a lot of people are going to struggle with their long-term allegiances given the showers of shit in red and blue.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Labour and Lib Dems need to collaborate to stop the Tories. Splitting votes gets the Cons in. Voter trading sites need to be set up like in US.

The young generation needs to massively step up now if there is to be any chance of stopping Brexit.
Any chance that Labour, Lib Dems and SNP could win enoug seats to hold the Hard Brexiteers at bay?

Rory 7

It could but there's no way you get the results with such a split vote in a first past the post system. The only anti Tory vote you can bank on is the SNP and they already have nearly every seat in Scotland so that won't add any numbers to the Tory opposition in the Commons.
A swing to the Lib Dems and any kind of swing back to Labour could feck things up for the Tories.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Think Corbyn could do better than expected in an election campaign, may claw back some wavering Labour voters. But the Tories may well have a lot of attack material stored up.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Think Corbyn could do better than expected in an election campaign, may claw back some wavering Labour voters. But the Tories may well have a lot of attack material stored up.
Why would anyone vote for Labour?

I can't think of a reason.

Smores

As someone who strongly dislikes Corbyn do you reckon Brexit as an issue will override any concerns on Corbyn?

I can't see many voting on any other issue than Brexit terms.

Smores

Why would anyone vote for Labour?

I can't think of a reason.
Those on the left of Labour, those who want brexit but not a hard one. Those who don't think Dim Tim is any better than Corbyn. Those in seats between Labour and Tories.

Plenty of reasons for plenty of people really.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
The Lib Dems are the worst. Firstly, they have no chance of even becoming the second largerst party. All they're doing is trying to gain votes on the back of Brexit discontent. It's political la la land.

Nogbadthebad

If labour campaign on soft brexit, the promise to cut a norway style deal I think they could do well.

May's lot have already admitted even with hard brexit immigration won't go down and may even rise, so they cannot play the free movement card effectively with anyone.

Most who voted out I know don't want to lose access to free trade, and for me, I voted remain but know we can;t just ignore the result, so I want the best outcome possible given we voted out. That is retaining membership of the free trade zone. I think it would play well, in contrast to the pie in the sky nonsense of worldwide deals (what has been stopping us this lat 40 years if they are all out there?) to replace 54% of our overseas trade.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Conservatives will take 80 seats from Labour. The Lib Dems will take 20 seats from the Conservatives. May get a majority of 100 and the threat of the right wing nutters diluted

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Labour are pro brexit
Labour are pro brexit in general but very much anti hard brexit. Staunchly against leaving the single market so they will campaign on that and give the people a final say on the deal theough parliament or directly.

Any chance that Labour, Lib Dems and SNP could win enoug seats to hold the Hard Brexiteers at bay?
If they collaborate in certain areas where there's small conservative majorities they can do more than that.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
If Clegg had only now become Lib Dem leader, without having been deputy pm or associated with the coalition, I could have seen them becoming the 2nd biggest party.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I will vote the Lib dems. I am anti Brexit but I can't stand the commie

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
To get the Tories out. Protest votes happen all the time.
Traditional "protest-votes" are not to the 2nd main party... more to BNP, UKIP, SNP, etc
Those on the left of Labour, those who want brexit but not a hard one. Those who don't think Dim Tim is any better than Corbyn. Those in seats between Labour and Tories.

Plenty of reasons for plenty of people really.
If you want a soft brexit, a vote for Labour is a good choice. But equally, giving T May a bigger mandate could allow her to deliver a softer brexit
Luke Bartholomew, of the investment firm Aberdeen Asset Management, said: "The election should hand Theresa May a much bigger mandate to stand up to the harder line, anti-EU backbenchers which currently hold a disproportionate sway over her party's stance on Brexit.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39627859

Dim Tim is no better than Corbyn, except if you want a pro-EU stance
Those in between Labour and Tories should vote for the Lib Dems, as that is where they traditionally are