General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I disagree. With the vote, as close as it was, I quite think that any one person could have won it. All we needed was one of the two main party leaders to make the positive case for it, and we'd only be worrying about Conservative austerity for the next three years.
Completely agree.

ThierryHenry

David Cameron and John Major the latest senior political figures pushing for May to adopt a softer form of Brexit. The momentum is there but the leadership of the Labour Party aren't interested. So disappointing.
Really think we're just not going to agree here.

To summarise my piece - I find it incredibly frustrating that the opposition aren't attacking the government on the most important issue of the day, at exactly the point at which they're weakest, and a number of other players are trying to turn the tide. History will look dreadfully on the Corbyn leadership here. I feel like a small window has opened to move the government away from a hard Brexit, and (just like in the referendum) Corbyn's Labour Party are nowhere to be seen.

I can't at all understand the myopia of his supporters here. Just as Saint Jeremy attacked his party on many positions, you're allowed to criticise his positions on any topics you like.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
David Cameron and John Major the latest senior political figures pushing for May to adopt a softer form of Brexit. The momentum is there but the leadership of the Labour Party aren't interested. So disappointing.
Its a real minefield for them. A wrong step combined with a hostile media could blow up a lot of the momentum Corbyn has built up, and just at a point where the government could fall at basically any time. I want Brexit to be thrown in the garbage where it belongs, but politically I can completely see why Labour are so reticent to dive in and risk alienating a big swathe of the electorate they've only just clawed back from UKIP.

ThierryHenry

Its a real minefield for them. A wrong step combined with a hostile media could blow up a lot of the momentum Corbyn has built up, and just at a point where the government could fall at basically any time. I want Brexit to be thrown in the garbage where it belongs, but politically I can completely see why Labour are so reticent to dive in and risk alienating a big swathe of the electorate they've only just clawed back from UKIP.
Not good enough for me. It's the most important issue of the day and we look on course to manage it horribly. That we're reliant on former Prime Ministers to attack the government rather than their opposition in parliament is depressing as feck.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Not good enough for me. It's the most important issue of the day and we look on course to manage it horribly. That we're reliant on former Prime Ministers to attack the government rather than their opposition in parliament is depressing as feck.
They'll attack, but they have to avoid the Tories being able to frame them as a Remain party who are trying to overturn 'the will of the people'. I suspect they're waiting for concrete issues to focus on, and at the moment its all just chaotic.