General Election 2024

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Can't believe it actually started raining on him in the middle of it. I almost pity the cnut, but unfortunately this is actually impossible.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
What is the thinking behind this date?
Has to be the Euros I reckon. They know England will likely get to QF and will try and ride the wave of optimism. What a desperate shitshow.

quadrant

Got the next day booked off. Either i enjoy the slaughter all night, or the unthinkable happens and I need the next day off to nurse a hangover.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The cnuts have actually lined this up for the Euros intentionally, haven't they?

England flags everywhere, they'll just have heroically vanquished Slovakia or somebody in the round of 16, hoping to ride the wave of blind, dumb nationalism. :lol:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The cnuts have actually lined this up for the Euros intentionally, haven't they?

England flags everywhere, they'll just have heroically vanquished Slovakia or somebody in the round of 16, hoping to ride the wave of blind, dumb nationalism. :lol:
:lol:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm not British. Can someone explain why they chose the Labour campaign song from 1997 for this?

Fully Fledged

Parliament goes on recess next week, and there needs to be six weeks minimum in a campaign, so this was pretty much the last possible date before an autumn election.
He could have announced today, and have had the election later though. If he trusted himself to campaign, he would have had a longer campaign period. Tories are well behind in the polls, a long campaign should benefit them.

Tibs

What happens?

Kick him out, then a new leadership battle, and THEN a GE?

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
What happens?

Kick him out, then a new leadership battle, and THEN a GE?
The 1922 Committee has a lot of discretion with the rules here, so they could justify ignoring the letters because of the election. If they postpone the election and kick him out they will hardly shake the 'agents of chaos' charge.

Dobba

Paul Mason has now failed to be selected by Labour in:

Mid and South Pembrokeshire
Islington North
Stretford and Urmston
Sheffield Central

And by gum it put them on the map.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Things must be about to get even worse almost immediately if the Tories have decided to go to the country early.

WPMUFC

Sunak getting drenched like a sad dog basically is the perfect image of conservative Britain right now.

WPMUFC