Other Geoguessr

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That first one, I saw a sign that sounded dutch. And I was like sounds dutch but not holland? South Africa then.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
That first one, I saw a sign that sounded dutch. And I was like sounds dutch but not holland? South Africa then.
Went the other way and saw someone driving on the wrong side of the road so had to be South Africa if not Australia.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
How did ye not get that Kyrgyz Republic ?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I liked how I recognized those rocks as Israeli rocks.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It failed to load the panorama so I just had a black view on the one I got knocked out on. :(

BD

:lol: Fecking Kyrgyzstan. It did look very similar to the previous one in fairness, should've guessed it off the bat

BD

That Latvian one had a van with a website ending in .at in it. What a jip.

BD

Ok that's it for me for the time being. Cheers all, good games.

decorativeed

Winning that one as I finish it. Had zero clue on the waterfall one, and ended up miles away, but was lucky with the first one having recently watched Richard Ayoade go there on Travel Man. Never seen the show that filmed there.

Didn't recognise that final location from anything though. Just guessed at somewhere in the country I thought it was in that was warm enough for those trees to grow.

Last edited:

decorativeed

The movies was was really difficult. I'm the type of person who always watches the documentaries about films that I like, and looks on the locations bit on imdb, so there were some I was really certain of. Had no clue what the locations of 2 or 4 were from though, so ended up thousands of miles off.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Winning that one as I finish it. Had zero clue on the waterfall one, and ended up miles away, but was lucky with the first one having recently watched Richard Ayoade go there on Travel Man. Never seen the show that filmed there.

Didn't recognise that final location from anything though. Just guessed at somewhere in the country I thought it was in that was warm enough for those trees to grow.
Thought it was Gone Girl or something but then after I closed it realised it's TV, not movies. And Hank Schrader's house was my favourite, again. :lol:

decorativeed

https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/Gsp6YdZCCuZI01rR

Tried a slightly different map. Should give more diverse guesses, less capitals probably. A bit of a strange set, but I couldn't be arsed to find another one. I set 5 minutes for each round, but I ended up using less than that in total. Channelling my inner @BD I suppose.
Didn't even get the right continent for #4. What clues did I miss?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Didn't even get the right continent for #4. What clues did I miss?
You're Tim?

China doesn't have Geoguessr. Knowing that, I bet there's a big chance you'd put it in South America? I picked Bolivia mostly because that's the mountain country of all mountain countries. That said, I actually messed up, since I don't think there are many mountains where I put it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Film locations were interesting, but:

Wasn't the last one that park from Die Hard where they count those bottles of water? That is supposed to be New York?