George Floyd | Chauvin guilty on all counts | Sentenced to 22.5 years

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Then you've been reading the wrong information. He had well above the lethal threshold of fentanyl in his system and some meth as well. I've not a given that's what killed him, but it's not without relevance.

It’s nothing like that simple. Regular opiate abusers will carry what looks to be really high concentrations. Much in the same way that alcoholics do with blood/alcohol concentrations.

The defence is writing a story and using a comparison point of you or I. I’m 180cm and reasonably slim. One high dose of Fentanyl and I’d be in a word of trouble. That doesn’t mean everyone would be.

Having said that, thanks for sharing the full sheet. It is actually higher than I’d read (or mis-read).

Skizzo

It’s nothing like that simple. Regular opiate abusers will carry what looks to be really high concentrations. Much in the same way that alcoholics do with blood/alcohol concentrations.

The defence is writing a story and using a comparison point of you or I. I’m 180cm and reasonably slim. One high dose of Fentanyl and I’d be in a word of trouble. That doesn’t mean everyone would be.

Having said that, thanks for sharing the full sheet. It is actually higher than I’d read (or mis-read).
In regards to the alcohol, just because someone is a functioning alcoholic doesn’t mean their BAC can’t be dangerous if it gets to high levels. Because someone is holding themselves together better at a 2.0 compared to a lightweight at .08 doesn’t mean they aren’t still damaging their body. Anything over .4 is considered to be potentially fatal and that’s not ten times. Now imagine if mixed with a bunch of other substances at high levels.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
why the hell are we even discussing his drug levels? He could have snorted a scarface size mountain of coke, chased with a cartoon sized syringe of heroin and downed a gallon of everclear and it would mean dick all. The cause of death was asphyxiation. The cause of asphyxiation was a murdering psychopath cop kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes. This is just insane. Orwell nailed it.

Edit: Another thing to add. Many states have written in their laws language that escalates murder chargers to 1st degree if the victim is an officer killed on duty. Fair enough, I have no problem with that. However, I have longed believed the inverse should also be true. If an officer kills a civilian under circumstances that would have led to 1st degree charges had the roles been reversed he/she should be charged with first degree murder. If George Floyd had knelt on Chauvins neck, after handcuffing him, for 9 minutes there is no way he escapes murder 1 charges and likely gets the death penalty, even if Chauvin had smoked a pound of crack on duty.

Last edited:

Skizzo

The actual events are worse than how it’s described there as just the kneeling being an issue.

He hit a 14 year old twice in the head with a flashlight.

The downside to this I see is that they’ll just raise the argument of “look, he was kneeling here for twice as long and no issues, so obviously drugs...”

Tarrou

He definitely OD'd. He ingested a lethal amount of fentanyl plus had who knows what else in his system. He was struggling to breathe before any police officer came in contact with him.

The questions are to what extent did Chauvin contribute to his death, and whether Floyd could have been saved were he given treatment and not neglected for 10 minutes.
He didn't definitely OD. Don't make stuff up.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
some coincidence that a man died of an overdose after spending 9 minutes on the ground with a police officer’s knee in the back after saying repeatedly that he couldn’t breathe in a country known for having an abundance of racist p***s portraying law enforcement.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I didn't know until I saw that there is difference between the legal definition of homicide and medical definition of homicide. But I've never thought about it either.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I didn't know until I saw that there is difference between the legal definition of homicide and medical definition of homicide. But I've never thought about it either.
You’re not alone, millions are conflating the terms.

Then there’s cause of death v manner of death. These are a tad more discernible to the layperson, but often confused.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I don’t give a Fcuk about 16 people lining up to testify. They’ll only pick people that say what they want.

That blood concentration is not ridiculously high. Nor does it absolutely constitute an overdose. It’s a level that regular users will see day to day. A narrative is being attached that’s not grounded in reality.

The defences case is borderline criminal. The whole thing is a sham and should disgust everyone.
There are actual reports though and experts speaking about it. What is a sham? The thing is a tragedy more than a sham.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
There are actual reports though and experts speaking about it. What is a sham? The thing is a tragedy more than a sham.
This poster wasn't aware of the exact amount of fentanyl consumed while posting this tbf.

Got to factor in just how emotionally charged this case is to many people also. I mean at least one person, if not more (can't recall) in this thread is sickened by the fact Chauvin is even getting a defence in the first place. Many friends of mine find this thing too upsetting to even follow the trial.

Ultimately though, it is the defence team's duty to use every trick in the book that they can, to create reasonable doubt. And obviously how they go about doing this isn't going to sit well with a lot of viewers. It's certainly intriguing though...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ha ha, Defence Lawyer Nelson getting it stuck to him at the moment.

This guy just ain't playing ball. It's great to watch. :lol: Hope Nelson loses it in a minute.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Not watching it. What’s the context?
Nelson's asking his usual, slimy, subversive questions, just expecting the expert witness to go along with him and he's getting pushed back every time. It's great watching him having to manoeuvre and re-phrase his questions. It's like the more he is cross-examining the witness the bigger the hole he is digging for himself. :lol: :lol:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Ha ha, Defence Lawyer Nelson getting it stuck to him at the moment.

This guy just ain't playing ball. It's great to watch. :lol: Hope Nelson loses it in a minute.
Do you have the video?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Love how the judge instantly shot down the defense’s request to sequester the jury due to the most recent murder by cop ten miles away.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Some of the Twitter reactions:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I can imagine this guy was probably cheering for Chauvin when shit originally went down.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Toxicology report on Day 5 showed that George Floyd had taken at least 4.4mg of fentanyl within 30 minutes of his death (blood concentration: 11ng/ml peaking at 16ng/ml)...while the lethal dose is circa 2mg. Even just the 0.4 of that 4.4mg qualifies as 'extreme risk of overdose'...never mind adding another 10 of those doses on top, while also throwing some meth into the mix.

Another source for the 2mg lethal dose, and increased danger of mixing drugs:

The defence also have 16 different doctors ready to testify on this next week.
Talking about definitive lethal doses for opiates is silly. Tolerance means there’s an enormous range of effects depending on whether you’re a habitual user or not. A seasoned junkie could drive a car after taking a dose that would knock you or me stone dead.

To even bring up a specific mg dose as “lethal” for any one individual is disingenuous to the point of outright dishonesty.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Talking about definitive lethal doses for opiates is silly. Tolerance means there’s an enormous range of effects depending on whether you’re a habitual user or not. A seasoned junkie could drive a car after taking a dose that would knock you or me stone dead.

To even bring up a specific mg dose as “lethal” for any one individual is disingenuous to the point of outright dishonesty.
A bullet to the chest is definitively lethal.

A knee to the neck for nine minutes is more definitively lethal than a dose of fentanyl.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Who is this?
He's a former police officer and defense use-of-force expert guy called Barry Brodd and has been training cops for over 30 years so guessing he would have been championing the old school Rodney King style police tactics.

He said: "I felt that Officer Chauvin's interactions with Mr. Floyd were following his training, following current practices in policing, and objectively reasonable,"

The fecker.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He's a former police officer and defense use-of-force expert guy called Barry Brodd and has been training cops for over 30 years so guessing he would have been championing the old school Rodney King style police tactics.

He said: "I felt that Officer Chauvin's interactions with Mr. Floyd were following his training, following current practices in policing, and objectively reasonable,"

The fecker.
The Rodney King debacle probably became masturbatory fodder for him.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The Rodney King debacle probably became masturbatory fodder for him.
Just watching the fecker you can imagine him tag-teaming Chauvin for the knee on the neck. He just smacks of MAGA Klan trash.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Sorry, Nelson, you're gonna have to do much better than that.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Is that just a joke or are experts actually paid to talk in court?

Tarrou

a lot of these experts are complete chancers

on the innocence project on Netflix there was this bite-mark expert who helped send a bunch of guys down for murder

in one of the cases, he was adamant some guy made the bite-mark and he was sent down for years off the back of it

when someone else confessed to the crime and said he didn't even bite the girl, they looked at the case again and turns out it was made by a crayfish after he dumped the body in a river

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
a lot of these experts are complete chancers

on the innocence project on Netflix there was this bite-mark expert who helped send a bunch of guys down for murder

in one of the cases, he was adamant some guy made the bite-mark and he was sent down for years off the back of it

when someone else confessed to the crime and said he didn't even bite the girl, they looked at the case again and turns out it was made by a crayfish after he dumped the body in a river
Similar vibe to the “expert witness” in that Staircase docuseries.