George Floyd | Chauvin guilty on all counts | Sentenced to 22.5 years

NotThatSoph

Let's take her at her word for a second. If good men murder people in cold blood on the job as cops then that certainly lend credence to ACAB.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

The fecker gets 270 months and prohibited from possessing firearms for life.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Looks like the judge bottled it, when he had a chance to make a statement.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Had to stop watching this after the first minute.

Siding unconditionally with your kids even when they are wrong is shit parenting.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's not surviving that long in an American prison.
I'm assuming he will be seperated from the other prisoners. He should be fine, the prison guards will look out for their own.

Unless he tops himself that is.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Hate to say it but 22.5 years for a police officer seems OK...
He deserves more.

But in the context of US I agree with you it's a result.

SirAnderson

22 years sure, but when is he eligible for patrol is what I want to know?

Also what possible information will be forth coming that will be of interest and give the family some peace of mind??

NotThatSoph

22 years sure, but when is he eligible for patrol is what I want to know?

Also what possible information will be forth coming that will be of interest and give the family some peace of mind??
Very funny if intentional, but a scary thought.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
That sentence should come with 2 days in general pop a week.

Carolina Red

Staff
Some context about the judge’s discretion within the Minnesota sentencing guidelines…

“Technically, Chauvin faced up to 40 years in prison for second-degree murder, up to 25 years for third-degree murder and up to 10 years for manslaughter.

However, Chauvin has no prior criminal record. State guidelines say that for such a person, the presumptive sentence for both second-degree and third-degree murder is 12 1/2 years. The judge was given discretion to hand down a sentence between 10 years and eight months and 15 years for each.

Second-degree manslaughter carries a presumptive sentence of four years for someone with no record, according to the guidelines. The judge's discretion ranged from three years and five months to four years and eight months.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/us/live-news/derek-chauvin-sentencing/index.html

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm not that clued up on law in the United States but how is he not able to give a statement at this time after sentencing ? And what could this other information he his holding back that could help put the family at ease ?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm not that clued up on law in the United States but how is he not able to give a statement at this time after sentencing ? And what could this other information he his holding back that could help put the family at ease ?
He's also on Federal charges for the Floyd case, tax evasion charges with his estranged wife and is also busted for assaulting a 14 yr old. As far as putting the family at ease, good ol' fashioned BS.

But as his mother says he's a good man.

Withnail

He's also on Federal charges for the Floyd case, tax evasion charges with his estranged wife and is also busted for assaulting a 14 yr old. As far as putting the family at ease, good ol' fashioned BS.

But as his mother says he's a good man.
That's what I was thinking. There's literally nothing he could say that would put them at ease. I'd be quite pissed off at that comment if I was them.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
20 years is pretty long.
I know life sentences in India usually mean parole eligibility in 14 years. What would the equivalent sentence be in UK/Europe?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He's still going through the appeals process so he won't want to say anything that could interfere with any appeals or subsequent trials if his conviction is overturned and sent for a retrial, plus the federal charges as mentioned above.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Had to stop watching this after the first minute.

Siding unconditionally with your kids even when they are wrong is shit parenting.
it's not.