George Floyd | Chauvin guilty on all counts | Sentenced to 22.5 years

RedPed

Whatabouter.
it's not.
It most definitely is. Nobody's saying she had to disown him but she certainly could have called him out for what he did. If some 5 year old kid was kicking the shit out of another kid and his/her parents did nothing or said anything about why that behaviour was wrong and unacceptable, I can't imagine that there would be anybody that didn't think that was shit parenting.

Who knows, that's probably how he was brought up.

But then again you are a Chelsea supporter so it kinda makes sense.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
What's the point in this if it runs concurrently then? In case the other case gets overturned?
He'll now be transferred to Federal prison and will serve a longer sentence, because of how the parole system works for Federal cases. The article also says the conditions may be safer/better in the Federal prison system.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
A cop in prison, especially one with such a high profile case was always at risk I guess. For interest sake, I assume cops get chucked with the same general population in prison? ie there’s no special precinct/section for them?

Abizzz

Nobody deserves stabbing but usually when murderers get violated in prison it isn't news.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Piece of shit, hope he suffers, also it is pretty ironic it happened on Black Friday.

Abizzz

It's normally pretty big news when they were in a high profile case.
I doubt it given the many thousands of high profile prisoners the US has and the daily attacks that are part of prison culture. Usually we hear it when people get killed, but knife attacks?

Then again I won't try proving a negative.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I doubt it given the many thousands of high profile prisoners the US has and the daily attacks that are part of prison culture. Usually we hear it when people get killed, but knife attacks?

Then again I won't try proving a negative.
Yeah not worth arguing over but this case is obviously another level of high profile. It was very high profile in the UK when Sutcliffe got stabbed, Ian Watkins, Couzens injured himself and went to hospital etc...

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Yeah not worth arguing over but this case is obviously another level of high profile. It was very high profile in the UK when Sutcliffe got stabbed, Ian Watkins, Couzens injured himself and went to hospital etc...
Hmmm, not sure that's entirely true mate. Every time Ian Huntley gets a wedgie it's front page news. To be fair though, he is a child murderer and also Britain's population is roughly the same size as the amount of people the US has banged up, so there is that.

Red Rash

A cop in prison, especially one with such a high profile case was always at risk I guess. For interest sake, I assume cops get chucked with the same general population in prison? ie there’s no special precinct/section for them?
I would say also the nature of the crime. The fellow inmates will not like him because he's a cop but there is also the racial element of the murder that will make him even more despised by a significant portion of the prison. This is of course without knowing the race of the person who stabbed him.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Didn't this happen in the midwest? Why is he in Arizona? Have the yanks gamified the prison system with a convict draft?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I would say also the nature of the crime. The fellow inmates will not like him because he's a cop but there is also the racial element of the murder that will make him even more despised by a significant portion of the prison. This is of course without knowing the race of the person who stabbed him.
Yeah, definitely a bigger target on his back, per se

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Not his biggest, fan far from it, but wish him a speedy recovery
:lol:

Well I got the reference.

I'm actually trying pretty hard to regret this happening. I'd prefer if criminals were housed safely, as much as many may deserve pain. I live civilized behavior.