German Football 20/21

Paula

Supports
Bayern
Bayern are missing 3 quality substitutes in the offensive.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
I think Sane lost the ball more then 10 times already.
And I havent seen one real Sprint from him....
His consistency was always in question can have a 10 of 10 performance but then follows up a couple of games with 2 of 10 performance. It's early days but will be interesting to see how he performance as the season progresses at Bayern he won't have the same leeway he had at City.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Vintage Kovac performance. Sevilla has sucked the life out of us. Can't really be mad, the team's knackered.

Still a very impressive performance from Hoffenheim. Their approach was absolutely on point on offense and defense.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Vintage Kovac performance. Sevilla has sucked the life out of us. Can't really be mad, the team's knackered.

Still a very impressive performance from Hoffenheim. Their approach was absolutely on point on offense and defense.
I don't get why the Super Cup was played later this year on the Thursday, it's usually played on the Wednesday in previous finals. Any reason for that?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I don't get why the Super Cup was played later this year on the Thursday, it's usually played on the Wednesday in previous finals. Any reason for that?
I've wondered about that, but I have no clue.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Fair play too Hoffenheim. Excellent and gritty performance. They knew how to hurt s tired team.
In the buildup of the 3rd goal Bayern lost 3 crucial duels. Clear sign the team wasn't up to the challenge today, neither physically not mentally.

90 + 5min

There you go. For those who think preseason is not important.

Because of many matches in short time and without preseason, you either play your best team and tell them to play with very low intensity or you put your b-team. Bayern choose the second.

They will still win the league.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
There you go. For those who think preseason is not important.

Because of many matches in short time and without preseason, you either play your best team and tell them to play with very low intensity or you put your b-team. Bayern choose the second.

They will still win the league.
We certainly should, no excuses for anything else but it goes to show that it's not like we can cruise through the league on auto-pilot. Without the necessary work/intensity there are enough BL teams who can get something vs us. Making the BL look weak does actually take effort. :p

RashyForPM

I didn’t even check the result as I thought it was gonna be at least 0-5 beforehand. 4-1:eek:

Nothing is impossible in football.

Happy Bayern lost. I don’t like juggernauts who never lose unless it’s us :D But this is unbelievable.

90 + 5min

We certainly should, no excuses for anything else but it goes to show that it's not like we can cruise through the league on auto-pilot. Without the necessary work/intensity there are enough BL teams who can get something vs us. Making the BL look weak does actually take effort. :p
Best team (players/coaches)
Best organisation (from Salihamizdic to Rummenige)

You get very far with that. You are right, you can't cruise. But this game you lost is something due to happen because of your fixtures. Your players are no robots.
People can get excited by Dortmund but B.Munchen is B.Munchen. Unless something extraordinery happens you will win the league before week 30. What I absolutly love about your organisation is that you take old players and put them in the club. And once you get that winning culture, success will follow automatically every year.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don’t mean this in a trolling manner, but as a Bayern fan, do you have the same level of excitement with Bundesliga knowing that you will most likely win the league every year?

I know we had a period of dominance over the last 20 years or so, but we always had a rival who would run us close and keep it interesting.

But with Bayern it’s won before the season starts. I see it similar to the Scottish premier league when Rangers weren’t in the league and Celtic walked to the title every season.
You already know Liverpool will win this seasons EPL. They won last seasons before Xmas. So why do you watch

Blackwidow

That's why I was surprised about Bayern not bringing in a replacement for Thiago.
There is no real replacement for Thiago. This mixture of technicality and at the same time defensive abilities and game control is hard to find. You might find the artists that can more act on the 8 - but then you have to shield them better defensively - or the defensive monsters but thy seldomly have the passing abilities. And - Thiago knows the system.

That match Thursday was very intensive - 143 kilometres. And then again not even 72 hours later against a team that works hard physically... - I guess we will see it in the Bundesliga and in other leagues, too, that teams with a proper preparation will have advantages...

Last edited:

SinNombre

You already know Liverpool will win this seasons EPL. They won last seasons before Xmas. So why do you watch
City are the bookies favorites so if you are so confident, put your house on it. 150% profit in 4 months if you are right.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
City are the bookies favorites so if you are so confident, put your house on it. 150% profit in 4 months if you are right.
Liverpool are going to win the league early like they did last season. CIty already lost in their 2nd game

Blackwidow

Teams with a proper preseason will have an advantage this season. In the Bundesliga we will see if a team can really profit from the advantage. Same with the EPL and other leagues.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Well, Wagner has finally been sacked.

Feel bad for him, Schalke are a horrible club and no manager in the world can fix them these days. They'll probably get relegated this season.

Chief123

Liverpool are going to win the league early like they did last season. CIty already lost in their 2nd game
That really isn’t a same comparison to the Bundesliga. Every football fan knows Bayern will win the league this year before it’s even started. You would have to be deluded to vote against them.

You saying Liverpool will win the league early is just a prediction. Yes you will always have favourites but it’s very feasible City will win the league too.

The title race in Germany in the last 10 years has always been a one horse race. More so now than ever. The truth is, it’s a shite league with one super power team. Nothing exciting at all.

Libano

That really isn’t a same comparison to the Bundesliga. Every football fan knows Bayern will win the league this year before it’s even started. You would have to be deluded to vote against them.

You saying Liverpool will win the league early is just a prediction. Yes you will always have favourites but it’s very feasible City will win the league too.

The title race in Germany in the last 10 years has always been a one horse race. More so now than ever. The truth is, it’s a shite league with one super power team. Nothing exciting at all.
Not always:

2019. Bayern by 2.
2012. Dortmund by 3.

Chief123

Not always:

2019. Bayern by 2.
2012. Dortmund by 3.
So 2 years out of 10 brought a tinge of excitement.

I just don’t get why German fans are so defensive about their league being a poor standard. Yes Bayern are a fantastic team. But that’s it. They will win every year with the odd hiccup once a decade. When they struggle, they’ll just buy players from their rivals.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Not always:

2019. Bayern by 2.
2012. Dortmund by 3.
What? Dortmund won it by 8 points in 2012, not 3.
2019 was indeed close but that never had the feeling of a proper title race, it was basically a shitshow at the end after Dortmund had bottled their lead mid season.

Don`t know why people try to spin this another way, Bundesliga title races have been awful and early decided for a whole decade, there`s just no excuse to it. The last interesting one was 2009 with 3 teams going into it the last matchday with the possibility to win it. It doesn`t necessarily say much about the league but there`s just no point denying it, no idea why people get defensive about it.