German Football 23/24 |

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Congratulations @Zehner

Rummenigge: "Everyone [in Germany] is celebrating now because they've been trying for 11 years, but couldn't win the title. Now Leverkusen will probably win it and they would deserve it because they're playing not only successful but also attractive football. If Bayer Leverkusen end up winning the title, I think that wouldn't be dramatic for FC Bayern

We've burned through a 5 point lead in 2 games once, it's definitely possible to burn through double that in five times as many matches

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
We've burned through a 5 point lead in 2 games once, it's definitely possible to burn through double that in five times as many matches
You need 7 wins out of 10, assuming we win all our games(which looks unlikely given our current state)

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I know what you are trying to do. But jinxing the jinx doesn't work. ;)

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm sorry but I know for a fact that it does.

By the way, Harry only won his first championship in his third season. He also never won a WC. Sounds familiar?
I thought you were talking about Harry Kane and was very confused. Then I realized you were talking about Harry Potter whom I know absolutely nothing about.

es-muellert

Supports
Bayern München
@Zehner what is your opinion on the Sky report that it seems more and more likely that Alonso could go to Bayern after the season?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
@Zehner what is your opinion on the Sky report that it seems more and more likely that Alonso could go to Bayern after the season?
I think Alonso is focused on the title race and will make up his mind afterwards. Sky even admited that in one of their reports themselves. I guess everything that surfaces are at the very best superficial, early thoughts of him. E. g. that Bayern is too chaotic at the moment or that the Klopp succession is too risky.

Personally, I still think he'll succeed Ancelotti.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Bild are now publishing conflicting reports to the Sky articles. German football journalism may be at an all time low, what a circus.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So what you are saying is that you were off topic to begin with?
They clarified in the newbies forum that ir was a comment about history and politics, so yes. Totally irrelevant here.

G3079

Supports
Nobody in particular
Well that certainly is one way to score the first goal of the season for Gnabry - right with a contender of goal of the month, if not goal of the season.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
We are clearly winning the Champions League. There is no option B.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Lewandowski better scorer
Kane better overall offensive player
By now I would even question the first point. Kane seems more lethal in front of the goal.
I am too lazy to look it up but I would not be surprised, if Kane is better than Lewa when comparing their goals to their "expected goals".

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Could've done his Achilles though

Game on now
Need to see it again, first impression was he did not hit him with the studs but from the side. Either way very unfortunate challenge. Liked that he did not charge the ref and all that jazz.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
How do Bayern fans rate Kane in comparison to Lewandowski?
As important as his predecessor. At this point i'd say he has been as good as Lewandowski in his prime. Let's see how many seasons like that we get, and then we can rank them.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Need to see it again, first impression was he did not hit him with the studs but from the side. Either way very unfortunate challenge. Liked that he did not charge the ref and all that jazz.
I stand by my point, that is a yellow.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
By now I would even question the first point. Kane seems more lethal in front of the goal.
I am too lazy to look it up but I would not be surprised, if Kane is better than Lewa when comparing their goals to their "expected goals".
Oh he is

Not sure he's a better player though. At that level it's really about margins and being a difference maker in key games. Kane has to eat a lot of bratwurst and sauerkraut to get to Lewa's level yet

caid

Oh he is

Not sure he's a better player though. At that level it's really about margins and being a difference maker in key games. Kane has to eat a lot of bratwurst and sauerkraut to get to Lewa's level yet
There was always questions about Lewandowski in them situations. Not sure Kane has done enough the few chances hes had either

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I stand by my point, that is a yellow.

I think you usually get a yellow card for this, especially if it happens early(ish) in the game, because Sabitzer hits him with the side of his foot (as opposed to the sole) and with relatively low intensity. But with him coming from behind and not having any chance of getting the ball red isn't a scandalous call either, so Sabitzer should only blame himself for committing such a desperate foul when the play didn't call for it and also for showing an immediate reaction to it that implied that he expected the red card.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I have the impression the number of red cards is skyrocketing lately. Or I'm I mistaken?
Feels like every season there is some referee seminar where they try to establish a clear line on some specific issue, then we get a period of "maybe I just ruined this game by making it all about myself, but technically the rules say I was right and we did say we would look closer at this", then the public/press says "it's too much" and then we're back to refereeing games based on whether the ref got a smile from the neighbour this morning or not. Apparently this year it's something something challenges from behind.
My all time favourite is red cads for inciting a mass confrontation, what a fun couple of weeks that was.

Fun weeks ahead:

Last edited:

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I have the impression the number of red cards is skyrocketing lately. Or I'm I mistaken?
You're not entirely wrong...

I still find it interesting how the amount of red cards bottomed out when everyone had to play in empty stadiums during the pandemic.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Feels like every season there is some referee seminar where they try to establish a clear line on some specific issue, then we get a period of "maybe I just ruined this game by making it all about myself, but technically the rules say I was right and we did say we would look closer at this", then the public/press says "it's too much" and then we're back to refereeing games based on whether the ref got a smile from the neighbour this morning or not. Apparently this year it's something something challenges from behind.
My all time favourite is red cads for inciting a mass confrontation, what a fun couple of weeks that was.

Fun weeks ahead:
Uh... still having to play against 6 of the 7 best teams in the BL could be an ugly end to the season... Leipzig really has a chance to grab fourth place.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Uh... still having to play against 6 of the 7 best teams in the BL could be an ugly end to the season... Leipzig really has a chance to grab fourth place.
And to add to this: Unfortunately Leipzig has only a few games left that look „tough“ on paper.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leipzig basically have the inverse fixture list of Dortmund. Which is why it was such a joke to read "Terzic will be sacked if a top four finish is endangered", because Dortmund desperately needed to build a little cushion for the upcoming weeks. The five points they dropped against very beatable opposition like Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim likely already spelt the end for their top four hopes.
Stuttgart also still have to play Dortmund, Leverkusen, Bayern and Frankfurt, but they did their homework and built a points lead that will probably see them through.

Playing Mainz this late will be pretty ugly, too. It'll be either all or nothing for them or their last home game in Bundesliga for a while. Not the kind of away game Dotmund usually does well in.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Leipzig basically have the inverse fixture list of Dortmund. Which is why it was such a joke to read "Terzic will be sacked if a top four finish is endangered", because Dortmund desperately needed to build a little cushion for the upcoming weeks. The five points they dropped against very beatable opposition like Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim were desperately needed.
Stuttgart also still have to play Dortmund, Leverkusen, Bayern and Frankfurt, but they did their homework and built a points lead that will probably see them through.

Playing Mainz this late will be pretty ugly, too. It'll be either all or nothing for them or their last home game in Bundesliga for a while. Not the kind of away game Dotmund usually does well in.
Yes, Stuttgart's seven point lead ahead of Leipzig should see them through. And anyways I don't expect Dortmund to get significantly more points that Stuttgart, so I expect it to be a bit closer again in the end, but Stuttgart definitely has the best chance of a top four finish