German football is turd

Paula

Supports
Bayern
Let's be honest, the last 10 years not a single team could reach the Real, Barca or Bayern niveau.
City maybe for one year when they peaked or Liverpool since 1 year might be there but otherwise no.

I think not a single EPL team would have won a single Bundesliga or La Liga title within the last 10 years beside Liverpool last 2 seasons or maybe peak city.
The Bundesliga ist just shit because bayern is sooo much ahead of the rest.

A very important point for me: atmosphere wise it's the fecking best Top League in europe!

STYLOISRED

Except for Bayern all German teams have been set-up in a very naive way in Europe these last couple of seasons. Loads of terrible results in the Europa League.
While I don't particularly agree that the french league is better than the German league, i would also say Bayern's setup is not any different just that they blow teams away with their attack thus teams are afraid to attack them.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
The bottom sides are very poor compared to the bottom sides in the prem.
No one cares about the bottom sides. English 5th division is probably better than German Regionalliga. Does not mean German football is turd.

German teams are more consistent in Europe and German NT is streets ahead of English NT.

neilv93

Pretty harsh to say there's EIGHT English teams better than Dortmund and Leipzig... I think they'd both finish above Arsenal, Leicester, Wolves and Everton over a 38-game season, and probably ahead of Spurs on a normal season (when they aren't in god-like form), even us/Chelsea too. Also being harsh to the likes of Gladbach, who were minutes away from beating Real Madrid the other day.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No one cares about the bottom sides. English 5th division is probably better than German Regionalliga. Does not mean German football is turd.

German teams are more consistent in Europe and German NT is streets ahead of English NT.
Is the Germany team that much better?

Mihai

Speak for yourself. I like a good-looking bottom side.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
And the bottom teams being poorer in Germany might be why Bayern look so strong later on in the CL after the gruelling premier league season....

Stacks

You saying this shows exactly how knowledgeable you are about German football. Sancho started over Pulisic when both were at Dortmund together. Pulisic was never the star player for Dortmund not amongst the top Bundesliga players. Just because he’s finding it easy in the PL he’s suddenly one of Bundesliga’s exceptional players when he never did that much in the Bundesliga?

I’m also wondering what you’re basing this comparison with the French league on when French teams haven’t exactly performed well against Bundesliga Teams recently.

Last but not least, this post of yours is a reaction to United beating Leipzig in one game. So did last season’s performances by British teams in the CL also mean that Ligue 1 is streets ahead of the Premier League. I assume you wouldn’t say so.

Before everyone starts going mad again because German posters are coming out of their holes to defend the Bundesliga. Please look at the ridiculous topics that are being made on this matter. No wonder people are so defensive.
I like that Pulisic, who got benched for Dortmund, is suddenly a better player than those who outperformed him consistently in Germany. A lot of players that you've mentioned are more than capable of playing in title-winning sides. Firmino has been crucial for Liverpool's rise to the top (before turning a bit shit) & De Bruyne is easily the best player in the league.

Will every hyped out star from Bundesliga end up as a top player? Of course not. Does it mean that the whole league is overrated? Not really, it's rated quite fairly – it's not the best, but it's not that far off Premier League or La Liga (neither of them have been very impressive in the last couple of years).

Is Hummels, 5 times BL winner, CL finalist and a World Cup winner not good enough to start ahead of, say, Morgan, Gomez, Otamendi, Stones etc.?
any chance that Pulisic has now gotten better after training and playing in the rigours of the premier league? Hazard certainly improved playing in England, as did Sane.

Kai Havertz has revealed that the main difference between the Bundesliga and the Premier League is that every player in the English top flight 'is at a very high level'.

Havertz stressed there aren't many differences between top flight football in England and Germany, but believes the Premier League does not have any 'average or bad players'.

Havertz told Chelsea's official website: ‘The Bundesliga isn't worse but I noticed differences. It seems to me like there aren't any average or bad players here – everybody is at a very high level.’

Often if you are playing against better players, you have to add more to your game and improve in order to make it. Havertz will become a better player too.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
And the bottom teams being poorer in Germany might be why Bayern look so strong later on in the CL after the gruelling premier league season....
Like when they thrashed Tottenham 7-2 pre-lockdown ?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
The state of this thread on the back of Bayern winning the Champions League, us spending all summer drooling over a Borussia player, and a Bundesliga-trained manager taking dumps all over the Premier League for 3 years...

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The French league is much better than the German league outside of Bayern.
No, you're flat out wrong. :lol:

If we remove PSG and Bayern from last years Champions League Group Stages and instead look at the others you get the following:
Club​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
AS Saint-Étienne​
0​
4​
2​
6​
8​
-2​
LOSC Lille​
0​
1​
5​
4​
14​
-10​
Olympique Lyon​
2​
2​
2​
9​
8​
1​
Stade Rennais FC​
1​
1​
4​
5​
8​
-3​
RB Leipzig​
3​
2​
1​
10​
8​
2​
VfL Wolfsburg​
3​
2​
1​
9​
7​
2​
Bayer 04 Leverkusen​
2​
0​
4​
5​
9​
-4​
Borussia Dortmund​
3​
1​
2​
8​
8​
0​
Borussia Mönchengladbach​
2​
2​
2​
6​
9​
-3​
Eintracht Frankfurt​
3​
0​
3​
8​
10​
-2​

France = 3 wins from 24 games, 13% win rate
Germany = 16 wins from 36 games, 44% win rate

France has been shocking in Europe for years now. That's not saying Germany have been good either, their level has dropped in the last 4 years too, but lets not over exagerate and big up France in the process, they're dreadful.

RashyForPM

Name them? Because I seem to remember Leipzig having spanked Tottenham just last season.
Us
City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
Leicester
Wolves
Everton

The Spurs games that everyone keeps pointing too is spurious nonsense btw. They had no Kane, no Son, no Bale as they do now, no Bergwijn for the return leg etc etc. Have Spurs, or any of the 7 other aforementioned teams play Leipzig without Werner now, and they’d be beaten by all and hammered by the former 5 teams I mentioned.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Basically German league is English league if United were able to control the TV money by themselves.

The main difference is always the TV deals.
No way on earth English coaches like Sean Dyche or Chris Wilder would be seen dead setting up a defence like a German team. Absolutely atrocious defences that rely purely on natural talent of the players rather than organisation.

jackal&hyde

Leipzig made the semifinal last year, how can it be a turd league then? It's a very good league but not as good as the PL or La Liga.

TwoSheds

No, you're flat out wrong. :lol:

If we remove PSG and Bayern from last years Champions League Group Stages and instead look at the others you get the following:
Club​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
AS Saint-Étienne​
0​
4​
2​
6​
8​
-2​
LOSC Lille​
0​
1​
5​
4​
14​
-10​
Olympique Lyon​
2​
2​
2​
9​
8​
1​
Stade Rennais FC​
1​
1​
4​
5​
8​
-3​
RB Leipzig​
3​
2​
1​
10​
8​
2​
VfL Wolfsburg​
3​
2​
1​
9​
7​
2​
Bayer 04 Leverkusen​
2​
0​
4​
5​
9​
-4​
Borussia Dortmund​
3​
1​
2​
8​
8​
0​
Borussia Mönchengladbach​
2​
2​
2​
6​
9​
-3​
Eintracht Frankfurt​
3​
0​
3​
8​
10​
-2​

France = 3 wins from 24 games, 13% win rate
Germany = 16 wins from 36 games, 44% win rate

France has been shocking in Europe for years now. That's not saying Germany have been good either, their level has dropped in the last 4 years too, but lets not over exagerate and big up France in the process, they're dreadful.
So basically what you're saying is Frankfurt, Monchengladbach and Leverkusen are all less good at defending than Saint-Etienne and Stade-Rennais. Sounds about right.

SirMarcusRashford

I think not a single EPL team would have won a single Bundesliga or La Liga title within the last 10 years beside Liverpool last 2 seasons or maybe peak city.
The Bundesliga ist just shit because bayern is sooo much ahead of the rest.

A very important point for me: atmosphere wise it's the fecking best Top League in europe!
But if another club with power (say a United/City or Liverpool) was in a league with Bayern, the aim for these clubs would be to close the gap on Bayern, so they probably would have done that in their recruitments and they would end Bayern's dominance. Problem is Bayern have no rivals in Germany, you can call Dortmund a rival but they aren’t because if 1 season Dortmund win the league, Bayern will just raid that team in the summer and steal all their best players.

I also thinking winning every week gives Bayern that 'invincibility' mentality that they take into the Champions League. It's far easy go into a Champions League fixture on the back of a 5-0 win, feeling great about yourselves than it is going into a Champions League on the back of a loss or a draw, that we see often in the English footballing calendar due to its competitiveness.

Stick (say) a City in Budesliga, with no Bayern and City are top of that league and thrash most teams by 4 or 5 goals every week, they too will always be feeling good about themselves and take that into the Champions League, Premier League clubs though many of our best teams will go into games in Europe on the back of a draw or loss and out of form and a dire performance also happens in the Champions League games because of this.

Other than Liverpool (last 2 seasons) i can think of no English team who have ever gone into Europe with a feeling of invincibility Premier League era, not even United at their best under Fergie.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So basically what you're saying is Frankfurt, Monchengladbach and Leverkusen are all less good at defending than Saint-Etienne and Stade-Rennais. Sounds about right.
I'm saying, German clubs can win games while French teams can't. 13% win rate. Thirteen! 4 clubs managed a combined 3 wins in 16 and you're attempting (badly) to argue that the French league is better than the German? You've clearly hit your head waking up this morning.

TwoSheds

I'm saying, German clubs can win games while French teams can't. 13% win rate. Thirteen! 4 clubs managed a combined 3 wins in 16 and you're attempting (badly) to argue that the French league is better than the German? You've clearly hit your head waking up this morning.
We're talking about the league, what's Europe got to do with this? The German league is laughably uncompetitive with many dreadful teams.

edcunited1878

Yeah....again, such an over the top post and just wrong.

The Bundesliga is a very tactical league with good technical players on most teams. It's not as rigid or tactically disciplined as Italy, thankfully.

The league is a bit slower in terms of the sheer pace, outside of a few teams, but you do learn a lot about tactics when watching Bundesliga, it's very methodical. It's a better league than France, but on par with Spain and Italy.

Abizzz

I mean it's not as if poor british sides weren't hiring poor british fossil managers every time they get into trouble and it's enough to stay in the PL 90% of the time.

crossy1686

career ending
The problem is that outside of the PL and La Liga there's a big drop in quality. Even though a league maybe the third best, it's certainly not anywhere near the other 2 ahead of it.

R77

Seems to me there's a distinct modern style of football from Germany, with a lineage through the likes of Ragnick and Klopp, that has been very effective and influential. It's not unfair to say that some of the positive perceptions of the league come from that. Childish, troll thread title, if mildly amusing, instantly clouds any point though.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The OP has got this all wrong, Leipzig are a very good team and i think they would beat most of our Premier League rivals more often than not, but we are just fantastic on our day and when playing well are a level above the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Access to the Premier League revenue streams would reshape the table in a short duration. Dortmund, Leipzig, et al would likely cement themselves in the top half with massively increased revenue streams adding to their current club management, recruitment, and philosophy.

Classical Mechanic

The German League almost topped the coefficients last season for the first time since 1990. I think they were helped by the way Covid gave them a longer break before the restart of the European competitions though.

Historically the German league has been the 4th most important in Europe. It's actually at a high point at the moment.

gorro

Supports
Werder Bremen
The quality of the Bundesliga is dropping for a decade now. While Bayern,Dortmund and the likes of Leipzig,Gladbach or Leverkusen might be able to compete with the rest of Europe the rest of the league is struggling.
While we produce quite alot of talent they are mostly from abroad and see the league just as a stepping stone they want to leave within the next 2 or 3 years to go on to bigger or better paying teams in Europe.
They simply dont identfy with the clubs and dont have the desire to try and challenge Bayern for the title as the last two seasons showed where Bayern could cruise to a win with ease after a lackluster start.

The biggest problem is being not able to compete on a financial level with other leagues due to 50+1 where outside investment is scarce for most teams and forces them to sell their best players.
A positive aspect of this is that the league is kinda unpredictable with maybe 10 teams that might fight against relegation til the last 5 or 6 games or an european spot.

tomaldinho1

Not turd but probably the 4th best overall league. If you combined the Bundesliga and the Premiership, the top half of the league would be very weighted towards PL teams and it's simply because of money. There are good coaches in both leagues and good players but the concentration of world class players in the Bundesliga is very heavily concentrated with Bayern and Dortmund to a lesser extent, whereas in the PL there's a much bigger spread because even teams like Wolves & Leicester have the financial clout to get big name players.