Get rid of VAR NOW! We want our game back! (...or not, some are happy)

VAR - Love or Hate?

• Total voters

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
They do flag it. It's just that the play doesn't get stopped right away.
You need to chose between getting 100% accurate decisions and stress free celebrations. I would much rather have the right decision.
She didn’t flag and rashford was miles off.

if you’re one of these sticklers for the right decision where do you want it to stop? What about wrongly given corners That lead to goals, what about a blatant second yellow not being given, what about the numerous other things that affect the ‘correct decision’ and outcome of the game? It is only certain things that matter?

before long and I genuinely believe this,celebrations will be paused, delayed, muted untill all the checks are completed and then it’s time to celebrate, way to go.

cyberman

if you’re one of these sticklers for the right decision where do you want it to stop? What about wrongly given corners That lead to goals, what about a blatant second yellow not being given, what about the numerous other things that affect the ‘correct decision’ and outcome of the game? It is only certain things that matter?

before long and I genuinely believe this,celebrations will be paused, delayed, muted untill all the checks are completed and then it’s time to celebrate, way to go.
He wasnt miles offside. He was barely in front of the ball. BT made her out to be blind which was unfair

kiristao

She clearly did.

I am not a stickler for the right decision. I always believe these things sort of even things out over the season.
I believe VAR should either be used to get 100% accurate decisions or not used at all.

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He has to be behind the ball, the defenders positioning is irrelevent in that decision.
He is fractions ahead of the ball when the cross is made.
I know the rules. it wasn’t close enough for them to have to get their paint lines out was it.
point stands, officials are too scared to make calls and relying on VAR

snk123

I know the rules. it wasn’t close enough for them to have to get their paint lines out was it.
If you knew the rules you wouldn't have said ":lol: He’s about two yards or more offside"

cyberman

Its stupidly close. I was amazed they waved it away so quickly. Its there in black and white, it was a stupidly close call.
I wonder if VAR got blinded by being so far ahead of the defenders as well.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Its stupidly close. I was amazed they waved it away so quickly. Its there in black and white, it was a stupidly close call.
I wonder if VAR got blinded by being so far ahead of the defenders as well.
They possibly did yes, can concentrate on this one decision all we like, my point was that linesmen are afraid to flag now incase they are wrong so just leave it go, se we get Unjust corners and goal opportunities and celebrated, non celebrated goals directly caused by the interference of VAR

cyberman

They possibly did yes, can concentrate on this one decision all we like, my point was that linesmen are afraid to flag now incase they are wrong so just leave it go, se we get Unjust corners and goal opportunities and celebrated, non celebrated goals directly caused by the interference of VAR
But theyre told to let it go. Being afraid has nothing to do with it. The lineman will flag when the move is over to show their decision.
She didnt flag, my bet is she would have let that go minus VAR. Doesn't mean shes afraid, it means she didn't think it was offside.

el3mel

Things like today's pen is why VAR is so fecking important for football even with any of its problems. Otherwise the match would have ended and everyone would have slept over such an obvious handball.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I'm finished with football.

"And Solskjaer has won it... once VAR checks it"

So many great moments in my life wouldn't have happened if I was waiting for fecking VAR to check them first.

VAR has sucked the big moments out of football. We can't get emotional and hug a stranger after a last minute goal anymore because VAR has to check it first.

And then there's the decisions they get wrong. A referee can make a mistake, that's fine. But for multiple referees to make a mistake after watching a replay 20 times. I can't handle it any longer. feck this shit

MikeeMike

You can’t be 1mm over a few mm, because a few mm is not defined mate. That’s where common sense comes in.

The VAR employs some common sense to avoid penalties having to be retaken unnecessarily. Which was the original point.

Having black and white rules with no common sense applied leads video being used and freezed frame by frame to rule out goals because someone’s head or kneecap was 2mm offside or rule out a good penalty save because a keepers foot was 3mm off the line.

It’s nonsense.
No problem with your opinion really but for me it is a binary rule and so much clearer without a “common sense “ factor which clouds decisions. By your logic , a ball 1mm over the line should not be a gaol as common sense should apply. A player 1mm offside - the same. Its impossible to manage a consistent ruling if 3mm is ok and 4mm not..

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
But theyre told to let it go. Being afraid has nothing to do with it. The lineman will flag when the move is over to show their decision.
She didnt flag, my bet is she would have let that go minus VAR. Doesn't mean shes afraid, it means she didn't think it was offside.
I thought they were told let ones go they were unsure of? So obviously they’re going to be more cautious and scared of not using that opportunity

MikeeMike

Yes, but if at any point this encroachment alters the outcome of the penalty then it will be retaken or given as a foul if its the attacking team...I have no idea how YOU can't grasp that. An attacking player can stand in the middle of the goal as the pen is taken and will instantly give away a foul once it is... likewise a defending player can sit on the line and if the penalty is missed he will be deemed to have interfered and the pen is retaken and he is booked.

A player encroaching in the VAR era will never benefit this player or his team as he will always be punished if he became active. I don't understand how you don't see this as a positive!! All they have to do is not run into the box before the pen is taken. I guarantee you the amount of times it happens will slowly go down over the next few years which is a GOOD thing.
I can only grasp that Rule 14 states if an attacking player encroaches into the box before ball is kicked, and penalty is scored, the a retake is required. Very simple.
A defending player cant sit on the line as referee has to ensure all outfield players are outside before the kick taken.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The rule is if it touches the attacking team’s arm/hand at all in the build up it’s disallowed, no? That touched Havertz’s arm.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They were doing decently with the handball rules so far. Was at least consistent, and now they ruined it

stevoc

No problem with your opinion really but for me it is a binary rule and so much clearer without a “common sense “ factor which clouds decisions. By your logic , a ball 1mm over the line should not be a gaol as common sense should apply. A player 1mm offside - the same. Its impossible to manage a consistent ruling if 3mm is ok and 4mm not..
No they're not remotely comparable mate, a goal is a goal.

Theres no real benefit to the attacker having his knee or head a few mm offside so it shouldn't be an offside. Same with the keepers feet, for a penalty if they're slightly off the line when the ball is struck they are not gaining any tangible advantage.

But we're going round in circles here, we just don't agree on it which is fine.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It is, the inconsistencies with handball is now even more infuriating, as they have the technology to look at those things.

Can't excuse decisions like these anymore.
For sure, I mean we were told when this came in that all handballs were handball. But its all handballs are only handball when we can be arsed.

Tyrion

Yeah it is only certain things that matter.

MikeeMike

No they're not remotely comparable mate, a goal is a goal.

Theres no real benefit to the attacker having his knee or head a few mm offside so it shouldn't be an offside. Same with the keepers feet, for a penalty if they're slightly off the line when the ball is struck they are not gaining any tangible advantage.

But we're going round in circles here, we just don't agree on it which is fine.
all good. Can I just add that VAR is not being applied consistently which is totally baffling. Some games the referee checks and others not. Today the referee could, for me, just as easliy claim the final whistle had gone so all over.